PDA

View Full Version : Bard Instruments

Fromp
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Hello all,

It has been a very long time since I played classic EQ and I have forgotten some of the old mechanics of bard instruments.

When I pull up the description for my basic drum it says "Percussion Instruments 18", I am very confused as to what this means as I do not assume it would have the same effect as what "Resonance" does; which I know increases the effectiveness of my percussion based songs.

Would be great to know the difference between the two!

Tryndal - 11th level Bard.

Itap
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
The number is a + modifier to the song based on the instrument you're using and the skill involved, i.e. equipping a drum and playing selo's increases your run speed even faster then without the instrument in hand.

Fromp
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Ahh okay, if I understand you correctly "percussion 18" would be an 18% modifier to my selos however resonance 11 would be a 110% mod to my selos?

falkun
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
1) Mods only affect songs for that mod: IE: a drum will not help you with hymn, you'll need a lute/stringed for that. Where casters have div/evo/conj/abj, bards have stringed, brass, wind, percussion and voice.
2) Take the # of the mod and multiply it by 10 for the percent: "18" mod is 18*10=180% mod. You will move 80% faster with selo's with drums on than without a drum. Resists will be 80% more effective with an instrument.
3) The bard epic is the only instrument in the game that modifies voice.
4) Mana regeneration, haste, snare, and slow rates are unaffected by instrument modifiers.
5) Puretone discipline provides a 2.8 modifier for all instruments (not sure if this includes voice).

Lazortag
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
1) Mods only affect songs for that mod: IE: a drum will not help you with hymn, you'll need a lute/stringed for that. Where casters have div/evo/conj/abj, bards have stringed, brass, wind, percussion and voice.
2) Take the # of the mod and multiply it by 10 for the percent: "18" mod is 18*10=180% mod. You will move 80% faster with selo's with drums on than without a drum. Resists will be 80% more effective with an instrument.
3) The bard epic is the only instrument in the game that modifies voice.
4) Mana regeneration, haste, snare, and slow rates are unaffected by instrument modifiers.
5) Puretone discipline provides a 2.8 modifier for all instruments (not sure if this includes voice).

Snare is affected by instrument modifiers (at least for selo's assonant strane).

Dany
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Puretone discipline?