PDA

View Full Version : Our favorite Vampire

guineapig
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think he should be removed for good after the first kill. I just found an article about a GM event involving him dating back to March of 2000 and I think we should also make him available to more than just the first guild that gets to him.

Anyway, here's the article:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000301062952/http://www.eqatlas.com/

Mistmoore Events
Monday, February 28th

I've been trying to map out Mistmoore (it will be up by the end of the week), when there was a GM-run event on Bristlebane (haven't heard about other servers yet). Overall it went well (I think I'd say that). There were about 65 people in the zone on average, although all in the courtyard, so it was a bit laggy, and the monsters kept spawning and driving out the lower levels (I died from some stupid trained ghastish ancille). The people watching consisted of about 55 people who were sitting quietly watching, 8 people who insisted on catcalling and trying to insert themselves into the event, and about 5 who decided to attack one of the participants. Geniuses, obviously.

Anyway, the players were none other than Mayong Mistmoore himself, Lord Galendore (Mayong's servant), Khasra Vei'Ras (Mayong's "lady friend"), and a wounded elf (who desperately needed a name). The plot (and I admit here that I missed both the beginning and had to leave before the end because it had lasted over an hour and I had to leave), was that Mayong wanted information out of the elf, perhaps a bardic letter that he was carrying. The elf preferred to die, but Mayong didn't let him, although he beat him up pretty good, and threatened to kill his family and also to make him undead so he could torture him forever. Standard badass dark elf vampire stuff, I suppose. That was pretty much the plot for an hour, and I missed the end, so I don't know what became of it. Oh, and in the middle the elf (stupidly) looked to the surrounding crowd for help, which was the trigger for all the morons to let loose. I left out the aftermath photos because I think so many dead bodies in one place scares the little ones...

As for the dirt on Mayong and how kickass he was... There were a few 50th level Paladins there chomping at the bit to let him have it, and I watched one get killed twice in a row in under 15 seconds. Ouch. One guy backstabbed him and got killed with one 1200 hp spell with a casting time faster than my Snare. Ouch. He group feared us a total of 3 times. Not so bad. He used this funky blast spell that shot me flying up against the tower and dispelled all of my spells (twice). Ouch. Needless to say, I think Mayong got to sleep unscathed in his little tomb last night...

Reiker
11-20-2009, 07:14 PM
The first artifact in EQ was rewarded as part of the Mayong GM event:

Malevolence
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM ARTIFACT NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 29
DMG: 19 Dmg Bonus: 20
STR: +10 DEX: +10 WIS: +20 INT: +20 MANA: +80
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Effect: Malevolent Grasp (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR CLR SHD SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: HUM DEF HEF TRL GNM FRG
Deity: Innoruuk

Pyrocat
11-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Thought that was given out at Lanys event in kith?

Reiker
11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it was the Lanys one. The first GM even involving Mayong in Kith. To be honest I didn't read the entire first post and assumed that's what it was referencing.

Zithax
11-21-2009, 12:13 PM
The first artifact in EQ was rewarded as part of the Mayong GM event:

Malevolence
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM ARTIFACT NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 29
DMG: 19 Dmg Bonus: 20
STR: +10 DEX: +10 WIS: +20 INT: +20 MANA: +80
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Effect: Malevolent Grasp (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR CLR SHD SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: HUM DEF HEF TRL GNM FRG
Deity: Innoruuk

Along with the suffix title "the Malevolent".