PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Archerr
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey guys!!

Just got to this server having played live for many years and am very excited to recapture the old feeling of everquest. I played as a ranger on live Archerr on the Mithaniel Marr server, later on Venril Sathir as the same character. I have recently started an Iksar Monk called Sparke here on P1999 Blue. I am just wondering what the best course of action would be for me as Kunark seems pretty lonely. Would it be better to move to antonica where there are probably more people around to play with? What is a good way to make a bit of plat initially to get some gear. I guess getting a weapon would be the course of action to start with? Very much looking forward to meeting people and hearing a bit of feedback as its been so long since EQ has been this exciting and unforgiving!

All the best,

Sparke

Swish
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey Sparke, you must be a fellow Euro player then? Always good to see more of us playing ;)

Starting as an iksar I'd say definitely stay on Kunark...the holy trinity of Field of Bone, Kurn's Tower and Lake of Ill Omen (or Warslik's Woods) will make you a lot of coin in terms of cash drops and you'll be able to train in Cabilis.

If you leave the island, you'll have to return to train, you'll be very limited in terms of people you can sell to, and banking is harder too.

Does anyone know if Harbingers of Thule are still around or if they restarted under another name? They'd be a great guild to hook up with :)

fugazi
04-03-2013, 12:34 PM
If you're European, check out: http://luclin.de/

It's the home of Europa, a *drum roll..* European guild where you'll find plenty of people who also play during Euro hours. Hotspots, if you can call them that, are Crushbone, the Oasis, Upper Guk, Unrest and Mistmoore. I don't know if Kurns is busy, but I do know that it is great xp all the way up to 20.

Archerr
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Cheers swish and Fugazi! I am indeed a euro player, based in Northern Ireland. So looks like staying on kunark will be best. I guess I can hoard a lot of bone chips and spidering silks too for when I get to antonica. What are good pieces of equip to go for as a monk. I saw Kurns drops a nice club but its very heavy and some armour with str and agi but also quite heavy. With monk weight allowance deciding on what to go for seems a little tricky.

rsloans84
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Get tailoring etc up and make cured silk set or have someone in ec make u a set.... I have some 1 handed weapons i dont even use since i got rfs so if u want i could give u those in return u pay me back in the future with PL on an alt :p

rsloans84
04-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Also look up some light weight bags maybe 1 or 2 With weight reduc helps

Elmarnieh
04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Hey man I remember you.

Elmarnieh here - also ranger on Mith Marr.

Hit me up in the game sometime and I'll farm some good early rangering gear for ya!

Elmarnieh
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Or monking as the case apparently is.

Pawn01
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Wow all these people from Mith Marr! I set my account up a while ago, and now that I got my girlfriend on and playing I am just waiting for the single IP restriction to be lifted before I start up again. I played a Shaman on Mith Marr named Leonidas I was a member of the guild Grubs and spent a very very short amount of time in After Life before EQ2 and WoW came out. Anyway, its awesome to see new people! We (the GF and I) will be playing on Antonica for a bit so if you see us make sure to give a wave!

Eowaniel (Barb Shaman, old habits die hard!) and Annalee (Human Enchanter)

kotton05
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I feel so alone being from Terris Thule, welcome OP=-)

Tiggles
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Your lonely?

Im from SZ I only have alawen.

rsloans84
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM

You're not alone im from TT as well as 8 other servers not OP's server though hit me up on katiasa if u need monk weapons.. I'm just waiting in Rathe for brother z to despawn so i can get my lil gnome buddy up to turn in jboots

Archerr
04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
wow rsloan84 that would be awesome thank you. i will happily PL you one day too lol if i ever get there the exp is so much slower than i remember. iksar penalities suck LOL :)

i fell really embarrsed Elmarnieh i reconize the name but i cant rem how we know each other. Been so long lol. Can u refresh my memory :) what expansion was it we played together? :)

Elmarnieh
04-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Well I was in Primordial Fury during Vel and Pop, dunno if that is where I know you from. I'm thinking it was a later era guild I was in though it could have just been bumping into you on the server.

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey Archerr welcome to P99. I am recently new to the server as well but I have had a lot of kind people help me out since I started. I'm probably going to be playing more on the Velious server when it comes out next week and I would like to pass on the generosity I have received here. I am not twinked by any means but if your iksar ever makes it to the mainland look up Zenkai if I am on and I will pass on some of the things people were kind enough to pass onto me.

Have you posted the name of the character you are playing on here? I didn't read all the posts. If not please do so and I will look for you as well.

joppykid
04-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Hey Archerr welcome to P99. I am recently new to the server as well but I have had a lot of kind people help me out since I started. I'm probably going to be playing more on the Velious server when it comes out next week and I would like to pass on the generosity I have received here. I am not twinked by any means but if your iksar ever makes it to the mainland look up Zenkai if I am on and I will pass on some of the things people were kind enough to pass onto me.

Have you posted the name of the character you are playing on here? I didn't read all the posts. If not please do so and I will look for you as well.

The velious server will be this server. Not a new one. Also, next week? Wouldn't that be lovely.

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-05-2013, 06:23 PM
The velious server will be this server. Not a new one. Also, next week? Wouldn't that be lovely.

https://www.epicemu.com/

Opens 4/10/13

joppykid
04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Sounds too good to be true. Hopefully it works out

Archerr
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Hey. Loving the game so far so many great memories flooding back whilst i play and i have missed the EQ community. Much nicer people than any other MMO ive ever played. So glad to be back. My name is Sparke in the game lvl 10monk so far :)

Swish
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
https://www.epicemu.com/

Opens 4/10/13

Dynamic Raid Spawning
In the event of overcrowded raid encounters, guilds will be allowed certain tokens per week to spawn raid boss encounters on demand, no need to wait around for random spawn timers while sacrificing valuable real life time. Enjoy the fact that your raid can have a set time and place, without dispute, incident, or provocation from other players.

Randomized Hotzones
Experience boosting hotzones will be randomly chosen and rotated through on a weekly - bi-weekly basis, providing you and other players the ability to group more often in higher risk / reward zones. Sometimes these hotzones may be announced without specifying the zone, making it a fun hunt for you and your friends.

Not classic, also more likely to be legally shut down by SOE if they're progressing through other expansions. This is what happens when 100 players get together and say "that would be cool, this would be cool...", except the other 95 or so players only wanted their part put in and hate any other deviation from "classic". I predict mercs and PoK within a year if it doesn't get shut down :D

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Not classic, also more likely to be legally shut down by SOE if they're progressing through other expansions. This is what happens when 100 players get together and say "that would be cool, this would be cool...", except the other 95 or so players only wanted their part put in and hate any other deviation from "classic". I predict mercs and PoK within a year if it doesn't get shut down :D

Definitely not classic but I know that going in. I have P99 for classic. Considering other servers are progressed way beyond Velious I am not that concerned about there being any issues. Regardless I am going to give it a try.