PDA

View Full Version : Guilds still poopsock?

Barthorn
04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Do guilds still poop sock? If so, how bad is it

bizzum
04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Personally haven't seen a full on sock since the window extender change was put in. Only thing close to being socked is VS when there's 5-8 people from guilds there killing or sitting there.

Think there was 25 of each yesterday though but I wasn't there =x

SamwiseRed
04-03-2013, 09:33 PM
nope

all named mobs have a rotation which you can request to be in. hell alot of times mobs just stay up because the bigger guilds want smaller guilds to have a chance at some pixels. rarely do gms get involved, i havent seen any raid disputes in about 3 years. as far as i know poopsocking is a thing of the past. welcome to p99.

Hailto
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
nope

all named mobs have a rotation which you can request to be in. hell alot of times mobs just stay up because the bigger guilds want smaller guilds to have a chance at some pixels. rarely do gms get involved, i havent seen any raid disputes in about 3 years. as far as i know poopsocking is a thing of the past. welcome to p99.

Lol.

No really though, poopsocking has been mostly eliminated.

Barthorn
04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
thank god. good to know, was the main reason I quit, got 60, then pretty much quit when poop socking started. I wasn't waking up at 4am to kill trakanon. fuck that

Barthorn
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Can anyone direct me to the offical ruling, can't seem to find it. thanks

Thulack
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
nope

If only we were so lucky :(

bizzum
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
thank god. good to know, was the main reason I quit, got 60, then pretty much quit when poop socking started. I wasn't waking up at 4am to kill trakanon. fuck that

Poopsocking Trakanon doesn't really exist, but tracking and waking up at all hours still does...

Hailto
04-03-2013, 10:00 PM

You misunderstand, people still wake up to kill Trakanon at 4 am, but they don't just sit there in game for 5 hours staring at the spawn point beforehand.

raitheon
04-03-2013, 10:11 PM
You misunderstand, people still wake up to kill Trakanon at 4 am, but they don't just sit there in game for 5 hours staring at the spawn point beforehand.

So instead of the need of a tube stock; we've graduated to ankle socking.

Got it!

Hailto
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Got it!

Sounds about right

Langrisser
04-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Now hold on... the analogy has to do with something being covered like a foot with a sock?

i assumed that poopsocking had to do with a pink sock, ie when your rectum prolapses, with the analogy in this case being the constant ass raping of spawn points by raging nerd cocks???

pls clarify this is important to me

kotton05
04-04-2013, 01:15 AM
lol, poopsock, the act of shitting into a sock and not leaving the computer... bout all there is to it.

Langrisser
04-04-2013, 02:03 AM
couldnt see the forest for the trees ... pissbottling less ambiguous but i learned something 2day

Krazed
04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
couldnt see the forest for the trees ... pissbottling less ambiguous but i learned something 2day

Your big words do not belong here.

Thulack
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Your big words do not belong here.

First time ever ambiguous and 2day were used in the same sentence.

Droog007
04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
First time ambiguous qualified as a "big word" ...

Or maybe it was "pissbottling" ...

Boilon
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
wouldn't it just be considered track socking instead? I mean druids/rangers/bards even are still putting in mad hours of just staring at their track button. Although wasting a few peoples time rather than the whole guild is still a plus I suppose.

pharmakos
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Although wasting a few peoples time rather than the whole guild is still a plus I suppose.

in the end though variance doesn't really solve any of the problems it was supposed to solve =/

Barthorn
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
i just look at poopsocking as people camping in a certain area waiting for their batphones to go off when a mob spawns. i was forced not to play my main character because i was in a raiding guild, i wanted to raid but also wanted to play the damn game. im guessing competition has cooled off since release of kunark

Splorf22
04-04-2013, 06:22 PM
i just look at poopsocking as people camping in a certain area waiting for their batphones to go off when a mob spawns. i was forced not to play my main character because i was in a raiding guild, i wanted to raid but also wanted to play the damn game. im guessing competition has cooled off since release of kunark

You would think so, but nope. What's amazing to me is that so many people from 2 years ago who haven't burned out are still doing this: TMO still has most of their old core,and FE has a lot of ex IB/TR in their ranks.

Susanbanthony
04-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Hey Barthorn. You're out of luck if you want to consistently see a dragon. Committing to waking up at all hours and leaving your main character (or alt too!) at spawn points and answering the batphone faster is the only way. Though, only TMO and FE are doing this currently (as far as I know). The rest of the guilds play much more casually, occasionally get dragons, and play the damn game.

Splorf22
04-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey Barthorn. You're out of luck if you want to consistently see a dragon. Committing to waking up at all hours and leaving your main character (or alt too!) at spawn points and answering the batphone faster is the only way. Though, only TMO and FE are doing this currently (as far as I know). The rest of the guilds play much more casually, occasionally get dragons, and play the damn game.

What are you talking about Susan, we know variance favors the small guilds and evens the playing field, because Sirken said so.

Susanbanthony
04-04-2013, 06:32 PM
What are you talking about Susan, we know variance favors the small guilds and evens the playing field, because Sirken said so.

Desire! Effort! Skill!

quido
04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
quit yer bellyachin'

Visual
04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
haven't seen a full on sock since the window extender change was put in.

I would love to know the purpose of this change. Nobody I have spoken to cares for it, regardless of guild affiliation.

quido
04-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I like the change because of the possible extreme scenario, but I think it's bitter that that the server is getting less mobs overall. I feel they should balance it with some sort of functionality that provides more early pops at the same time.

pharmakos
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I would love to know the purpose of this change. Nobody I have spoken to cares for it, regardless of guild affiliation.

supposedly it was an accident.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100681 ::

I'd like to clarify some misinformation that was provided with the latest patch, starting with the lack of a patch note and then an error in confirmation on my part.

Back when we were discussing changes about extending the window of a mob's spawn when it fell within the last 15%, I wrote some code to show as an example. Turns out that code ended up staying in and I had forgotten about it, and it went live with the latest compile.

So...

Patch Note: Respawn timers that fall within the last 15% of a window will now be extended by a random amount up to 24 additional hours, repeating accumlatively until the window is under 85% for total potential spawn time. This currently applies to all mobs who have any variance at all, but will be adjusted next patch to only include mobs that have a minimum base spawn of 2 days or more.

Splorf22
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
quit yer bellyachin'

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall destroy this nonclassic variance system whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

Tecmos Deception
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Aww. I was gonna post the video of Robin Hood Men in Tights spoofing that speech. But the video I found was blocked by Fox.

bizzum
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Got it!

The pros have graduated to laptops on the shitter.

Noser
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Why can't we just make poopsocking a bannable offense? The end game raid scene is so bad because people are able to claim raid targets this way. Almost anything would be better than poopsocking..

Aviann
04-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Why can't we just make poopsocking a bannable offense?

Why don't we just give everybody in the world a trophy for being first place?

Barkingturtle
04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Ban pooping imo.

stonez138
04-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Why can't we just make poopsocking a bannable offense? The end game raid scene is so bad because people are able to claim raid targets this way. Almost anything would be better than poopsocking..

Clearly clueless....A guild CANNOT claim a mob by socking. If guild A has been at a spawn point for 20 hours and guild B gets FTE guild B gets loot.

Poopsocking>FTE imho.

Barthorn
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
sitting on a spawn spot for 3 days is dumb, no matter what way you put it, it takes no skill and takes away the classic experience of Everquest. it's fucking dumb to sit afk on a spot waiting for a raid mob to spawn, takes no skill, only fun thing about EQ raiding is the rush of racing a guild, not taking your shit socks and spewing them all over its face with your raid force

Noser
04-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Clearly clueless....A guild CANNOT claim a mob by socking. If guild A has been at a spawn point for 20 hours and guild B gets FTE guild B gets loot.

Poopsocking>FTE imho.

Well I have been inactive for quite awhile. Back when i was raiding you could claim a raid mob by poopsocking with 15 people. You're saying this rule no longer exists?

Clark
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM

ya, but that's not rational

also poopsocking now is NOTHING like it was IB vs. DA, talk about limited targets holy cow

Noser
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
ya, but that's not rational

also poopsocking now is NOTHING like it was IB vs. DA, talk about limited targets holy cow

How is it not rational? There are a lot of bannable offenses on this server. It would just be 1 more added to the list. lol

stonez138
04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
@Barthorn I could easily say all that about FTE. FTE is dumb, no matter what way you put it, it takes no skill and takes away the classic experience of Everquest. it's fucking dumb to HAVE A RAID FORCE THAT IS READY AND WAITING for a raid mob to spawn only to loose the mob to some cockblocking guild that just showed up because someone hurls a javelin a split second before you. FTE takes no skill. It's as if the only fun thing about EQ raiding for some folks is by shitting on other people.

BRING BACK THE 15 MAN RULE! FTE is seriously lame.

Barthorn
04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
i don't care for fte either, whomever gets the exp gets the loot, thats a race, not FTE bs. GM's weren't always around on live to settle disputes anyways.

raitheon
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
i don't care for fte either, whomever gets the exp gets the loot, thats a race, not FTE bs. GM's weren't always around on live to settle disputes anyways.

I was about to suggest this. This eliminates someone sitting on a camp and kiting the mob once it spawns waiting for friendies to log in to kill it. (which is, to my understanding not allowed but we all know it happens anyway)

Damage race; who ever wins gets the kill gets the loot.

Or we could have everyone (once they hit 60) go red so we can kill each other to get rights. this would be most awesome.

Why go to FTE on high profile raid mobs in the first place? What am I missing?

Bidoof
04-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Why go to FTE on high profile raid mobs in the first place? What am I missing?

I bet my group of rogues and wizards can do more dps in the short burn period, compared to your group that has to have some healers and tanks.

pharmakos
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I bet my group of rogues and wizards can do more dps in the short burn period, compared to your group that has to have some healers and tanks.

and the other group with the tanks and healers might end up doing all the tanking for you!