PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the reset, Rogean

Splorf22
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Just wanted to say that even though we in the A-Team sucked it up pretty severely we had fun anyway!

Dezik
04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
???

Ele
04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
???

Server reset and full repop last night.

:D

Tecmos Deception
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Are these repops even intentional? Or are there some server crashes that come with a repop by default? Or what?

Lyra
04-05-2013, 12:23 PM
From what I've read, it was a huge success.

Thanks also for the trivia last night. It's always good to see your presence in the game.

Splorf22
04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
The trivia was fun too. Next time we just need to take away Vehk's caffeine pills!

falkun
04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Are these repops even intentional? Or are there some server crashes that come with a repop by default? Or what?

Repops are always intentional on P99. Even if the server crashes and burns in the "classic" manner, the timers would be restored whenever the server came up and you would not see respawns. To see a full server respawn on P99, someone with the authority has to flip a switch.

zanderklocke
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Repops are always intentional on P99. Even if the server crashes and burns in the "classic" manner, the timers would be restored whenever the server came up and you would not see respawns. To see a full server respawn on P99, someone with the authority has to flip a switch.

Do server repops change all the old windows on mobs prior to the server reset? I'm wondering if sky mobs that are on a set timer will now be spawning at different time weekly.

falkun
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Do server repops change all the old windows on mobs prior to the server reset? I'm wondering if sky mobs that are on a set timer will now be spawning at different time weekly.

As of right now*, server resets (and the subsequent kills) reset timers and all the windows will move according to the new death times. Nilbog had stated (and I'm too lazy to look it up) that should the server move to a static respawn time (like once every other week or something), server devs would consider having the respawns not effect "normal" spawn windows. This would mean if Talendor died on Tuesday afternoon, the server_respawn_Talendor on Thursday morning would not effect Talendor coming back into window on Sunday afternoon.

*Do not take this as absolute fact, the "extended late-window variance" was not announced to players until AFTER it had been discovered by players.

**EDIT** Less lazy then I thought, applicable post here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=835025&postcount=1507

raitheon
04-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Is it bad that I attempted (and failed?) at trolling Rogean?

He asked for questions I asked him if he wanted to [deliver] the mail to [Kelethin]?

Otherwise; I have nothing productive to add to this thread.

Swish
04-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I asked him if he wanted to [deliver] the mail to [Kelethin]?

Best quest in the game, thoroughly underrated.

Brut
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Trivia was greatest. Bristlebane question such trick question, immediately on answer was all "OHRITE it's the other way gah!!".

Got all excited thinking it would end in announcement about Velious beta server opening, but ohwell.

Then got a guise on a rogue because ha! (http://i45.tinypic.com/2s8sg1g.png)

Bohab
04-05-2013, 03:01 PM

but not really right?

Saltefanden
04-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Trivia was greatest. Bristlebane question such trick question, immediately on answer was all "OHRITE it's the other way gah!!".

Got all excited thinking it would end in announcement about Velious beta server opening, but ohwell.

Should've rolled troll instead of ogre! :D

Thulack
04-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Shoulda gone fire Elemental :(

Byrjun
04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to say that even though we in the A-Team sucked it up pretty severely we had fun anyway!

Well yeah, random unannounced resets is just free loot for batphone guilds, especially TMO. Real "resets" on live (patches, etc.) were announced days in advance so if a smaller guild wanted a specific target, they could be prepared for it.

Tiggles
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Jeez your dumb...

Hailto
04-05-2013, 10:11 PM

You won any illusion of your choosing and you picked one that you can get by spending 2 hours in lower guk? I don't even....

Pringles
04-05-2013, 11:27 PM
HAHAHAHA epic fail.

sdp00888
04-05-2013, 11:31 PM
You could of made your account worth alot more if you woulda picked an illusion you can't get by items!

Brut
04-06-2013, 05:55 AM
You won any illusion of your choosing and you picked one that you can get by spending 2 hours in lower guk? I don't even....
Alrdy had Mask of Deception.
Now has BOTH. Enormous strategic advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zjQRMAKPfI

Treats
04-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Why on earth did you not pick an AoN???

Itap
04-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Brut gotta be trollin dawg

odiecat99
04-06-2013, 08:45 AM
sigh

Lazortag
04-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Well yeah, random unannounced resets is just free loot for batphone guilds, especially TMO. Real "resets" on live (patches, etc.) were announced days in advance so if a smaller guild wanted a specific target, they could be prepared for it.

Many guilds got targets they otherwise would not have (Taken, Divinity, BDA, possibly others), and frequently have during past resets. Usually resets on this server are announced ~15 minutes in advance but the server crashed I think, so that wasn't really possible. I'll take what I can get.

Estu
04-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I'll take what I can get.

Let's be clear, you are not going to be taking down anything because you don't play EverQuest :p

Kevynne
04-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Blackout got Yael cus that's the one all guilds ignore... Works for us! :)

Briscoe
04-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Many guilds got targets they otherwise would not have (Taken, Divinity, BDA, possibly others), and frequently have during past resets. Usually resets on this server are announced ~15 minutes in advance but the server crashed I think, so that wasn't really possible. I'll take what I can get.

The "lesser" guilds always get at least one target during server resets. The staff seem to think that resets don't benefit these guilds, but this is not the first time a thread has been made thanking Rogean for a reset because the thread-starter's guild got a crack at a target at which they typically never have a chance.

Aviann
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
The "lesser" guilds always get at least one target during server resets. The staff seem to think that resets don't benefit these guilds, but this is not the first time a thread has been made thanking Rogean for a reset because the thread-starter's guild got a crack at a target at which they typically never have a chance.

'Lesser' is definitely not the terminology to use when using a comparison against who we have in lead for raid content... Maybe smaller... Definitely not lesser.

nilbog
04-09-2013, 01:32 PM
The staff seem to think that resets don't benefit these guilds...

I believe they do. Simultaneous respawns of raid targets means a guild is forced to pick and choose instead of killing all of them with staggered times throughout the week.

Believe it or not, everyone, simulated patch day respawns was not a vapor-conversation. It was discussed again between a meeting of management and GMs. I still advocate it.

Briscoe
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
'Lesser' is definitely not the terminology to use when using a comparison against who we have in lead for raid content... Maybe smaller... Definitely not lesser.

For the first time in my life I shall utter the following cliche: "If I offended anyone, I'm sorry."

Tecmos Deception
04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Everyone likes these repops. Personally I just wish there was more notice of an impending repop than the server crashing without any warning and then coming back on 15 minutes later and no one actually knowing if it will be a repop or if the server just farted.

Lyra
04-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Everyone likes these repops. Personally I just wish there was more notice of an impending repop than the server crashing without any warning and then coming back on 15 minutes later and no one actually knowing if it will be a repop or if the server just farted.

During classic both types of resets occurred. Some were scheduled and announced, and some were not - uncontrolled server issues - ie "the hamster died".

It is my understanding the hamster never dies on P99, so they fed him some poison.

rsloans84
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
During classic both types of resets occurred. Some were scheduled and announced, and some were not - uncontrolled server issues - ie "the hamster died".

It is my understanding the hamster never dies on P99, so they fed him some poison.
Lmfao thats a great way to put it lyra

Waedawen
04-10-2013, 04:42 AM
even though we sucked it up pretty severely we had fun anyway!

prolly mostly your fault~~

Zarniwooop
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
GAH, I stayed awake as long as I could suspecting there might be an event.

I went to bed too early =(