PDA

View Full Version : Regarding camps

sonbrodersen
04-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey! just wondering about in incidents, a friend and I were camping a favored classic spot for a few hours last night when we gave it to a wiz so we could go to bed. In the morning the wiz is still there. No problem, we just ran around exping while we waited. About five hours later we check back and the wiz is still there, but the thing is, he isn't killing the mobs when they pop. He comes back every half an hour and kills them. They are on a 6 min timer. Is this considered fair?

webrunner5
04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me it is his camp. Pretty straight forward.

sonbrodersen
04-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes but this allows him to indefinitely hold the camp. He isn't even killing them until he comes back. It just seems cheap.

maximum
04-06-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

Ephirith
04-06-2013, 02:18 PM
If there is a full spawn of mobs in a camp room up I think that would be considered not camped. How you pull the camp is up to you, as long as you are able to engage the mobs very shortly after they are spawned.

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

sonbrodersen
04-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Well I put in a petition to have hive booted to log in, but after about 10 more mins he came back.

Nordenwatch
04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Not his camp, if you're sitting there for 24 minutes not killing the mob that spawned the camp is unclaimed.

sonbrodersen
04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
It was a good 45 mins with him not killing anything, but I didn't want to move in with him still there, however he got up before a GM could get to him.

Arrisard
04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
AFK camping ... means letting your pet kill something, over and over, while you are afk. This is frowned upon.

AFKing between spawns on a 16 minute camp? Not afk camping..

Really should be put with the actual rule since no one understands what Xzerion's post means 90% of the time when they link to it.

That being said, if he isn't killing the mobs, then he isn't really holding the camp now is he? I'll hold off a minute or two if I walk into a spawned camp if someone is sitting there, but that's about it incase they just happened to spawn the second I walk in. I don't understand how it can be more complicated than that.

Tiggles
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Really should be put with the actual rule since no one understands what Xzerion's post means 90% of the time when they link to it.

That being said, if he isn't killing the mobs, then he isn't really holding the camp now is he? I'll hold off a minute or two if I walk into a spawned camp if someone is sitting there, but that's about it incase they just happened to spawn the second I walk in. I don't understand how it can be more complicated than that.

Agreed when I see afks at camps with the mobs up I will send them a tell asking of they are there. Then I do /time and SS it then I wait five minutes for no response then I do /time again and SS it then I take the camp.

90% of the time they come back I explain to them they afk'd for way to long on a camp they complain and petition GM shows up I email them the pictures they get kicked from the camp.

Frieza_Prexus
04-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey! just wondering about in incidents, a friend and I were camping a favored classic spot for a few hours last night when we gave it to a wiz so we could go to bed. In the morning the wiz is still there. No problem, we just ran around exping while we waited. About five hours later we check back and the wiz is still there, but the thing is, he isn't killing the mobs when they pop. He comes back every half an hour and kills them. They are on a 6 min timer. Is this considered fair?

There is no current set in stone rule about how long you should give him if he idles with the mobs UP. You should give the player at least 2 minutes, based upon GM Ephi's statement: ( Note the plural of "few minutes" which is at least 2, but the choice of "few" over "a couple" might even mean he is entitled to 3 minutes. Yes, I know he did not think this hard about numeric diction :P )

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=837655&postcount=13

With a spawn timer as long as Tranix, best bet is to give them a few minutes to engage.

There's no "you must wait X minutes" rule, but we'll use our best judgement given the encounter logs and player statements should an issue arise in that area.

Bottom line: don't be a greedy jerk. But also don't squat AFK in a camp hoping to hold it.

Based upon past situations, if the player leaves the mob up for too long, the camp becomes open. Generally, if the mob is left up for a time that exceeds its spawn rate (leave a 6 minute spawn up for 6 minutes) It's probably a good bet the camp is open. However, with the player still killing the mob, just not "fast enough" for your tastes, he might still have a claim.

If talking to the player fails, a continuous FRAPS of his behavior would be a perfect counter, though by the time it was reviewed the situation would probably be moot.

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Agreed when I see afks at camps with the mobs up I will send them a tell asking of they are there. Then I do /time and SS it then I wait five minutes for no response then I do /time again and SS it then I take the camp.

90% of the time they come back I explain to them they afk'd for way to long on a camp they complain and petition GM shows up I email them the pictures they get kicked from the camp.

And that's how you do it IMO.