PDA

View Full Version : Looking into starting up on p99

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm a fairly well established player on Fippy Darkpaw at this time. And, while it's fun, it's missing the magic I fondly remember from "back in the day". A few friends have mentioned p99 over the last yer or so, and I was considering trying to start up here. In all likelihood I'll have an enchanter "secondary main" primarily for jewelcrafting. I'm wondering though, at just how much grouping is available at low levels for a new-to-server player, as well as how desirable certain classes are in the established raid guilds on server(blue).

Classes I'm intersted in playing as my main:

Highest Interest:
Warrior
Enchanter

High Interest:
Monk
Bard
Shadowknight

Moderate Interest:
Necromancer
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue

Clark
04-07-2013, 04:36 AM
There are lots of warriors and monks at end game. Not as many bards/shadow knights/rangers/rogues/mages/wizards. I wouldn't suggest a melee as a first char either just because they're so gear dependent. Bard (swarm kite) or Enchanter (charming 12+) would be your best bet as a first character going off the list you gave. Focus for level 50 asap then worry about gear, things are cheap so you'll pickup some items along the way. Xp > all. Welcome and hope you enjoy the server.

Faerie Blossom
04-07-2013, 04:44 AM
On Blue99, there is never a lack of people to group with. When I was leveling my cleric it seemed the archetype we were looking for/lacking the most was tank. You might not be able to find people to group with in the Odus/Qeynos area, but FP/Gfay has tons of people at low levels.

As far as raid desirability, I feel it's a pretty poor reason to pick a certain class over any other. You don't want a raid guild to pick you up because they're lacking in that area, you want to play what you like and be desirable because you're fun to be around and excel at playing your class. Imo, ofc :)

EDIT: But you should really look into starting on Red99. It's just like a blue server, but with added opportunities for fun :P

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm a former Sullonite, Red99 has the Rallos ruleset does it not? Rallos ruleset is such a turnoff...

Faerie Blossom
04-07-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm a former Sullonite, Red99 has the Rallos ruleset does it not? Rallos ruleset is such a turnoff...

No, there's no item loot and the level range is bigger than Rallos (20+). It's like a mix of RZ, VZ and TZ. Don't go blue, the PvP server needs you more :P

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Hrmm, probably gonna get set up on blue - mostly because of the higher population. Since I was planning on a chanter as secondary main in any case I'll go with a chanter main, warrior primary alt(until I can get him some gear, probably from crafting with chanter, then he'll be my "new" main) installing eq titanium now(you have no idea how deep I had to dig in storage to find my discs!), so I'll probably be online within the hour 8)

Faerie Blossom
04-07-2013, 05:21 AM
Well I wish you luck on blue, and I'll say that you really could play as a warrior there without the enchanter main if you wanted. Some people are stuck up about who they group with, but most aren't, and there's a good chance that someone would notice you struggling along as a noob warrior and give you some starting gear.

Us former 'Zek players are more than capable of handling the biggest challenges boring old blue servers have to offer :)

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
No, there's no item loot and the level range is bigger than Rallos (20+). It's like a mix of RZ, VZ and TZ. Don't go blue, the PvP server needs you more :P

I didn't know it had no item loot. Money loot?

I played back on Rallos when I started at the of 1999 all those years ago. My friends and I started and ran Revered.

I did it for a year before it burnt me out and I went blue. I may actually check it out sometime then.

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Grumbles about losing corpses in Nek Forest as a lvl4 dark elf chanter...

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I lost one in Feerrott, forgot to hit the /loc hotkey before I died. Ran around spamming my corpse button for an hour lol.

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Yep, that about sums it up for most of my CRs =p A very nice troll SK located this most recent one for me however. Thanks Tammypawn!

Kieu
04-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Grumbles about losing corpses in Nek Forest as a lvl4 dark elf chanter...

Least you didn't dc on the OOT boat and die to a shark like my friend did a while back when we were lowbies. As shitty as it sounds, I laughed my ass off. Nostalgia took a swing at him.

Taeluuin
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Heh, I remember that happening a few times. Worst. CRs. Ever.

Ofc, I've been having more fun on my warrior than my chanter. Xaar, half elf agnostic warrior. Currently in blackburrow... somewhere.

Mandalore93
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Haha, I know that pain...just started the other day. 6 hours of play time, 5 levels and around 10 deaths. Then again I'm trying to get the hang of swarm kiting with Chords. Bard corpse find song=<3

Taeluuin
04-09-2013, 12:46 AM
I've rerolled, a couple of times. Currently playing Taeluuin: half-elf bard, level 5. Swarm kiting is... http://wiki.project1999.org/Cribanox_Bard_AoE_Kiting explains it better than I could. Personal note: if you press Up+Left+Enter it will autorun in a diagonal.

carthorn
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Come to innothule or Feerrott, I just started myself and rolled a Troll SK named "Grubjub".

Also a good place to loot left-over scythes on spectres for 12 plat so you can buy some n00b armor :)