PDA

View Full Version : J-Boots Giveaway Thread

Safon
04-09-2013, 10:01 AM
So I've got nothing good to spend my saved plat on, my necro is decently geared and I sure as hell won't be grinding another character up. Figured I'd give some plat back to the community, as was done for me when I was new.

If you want a free pair of jboots paid for by me, post your favourite quote here in this thread. Any quote is fair game, use something from Sid Meier's "Alpha Centauri" for bonus points. Kind of intend this for newer folks, but anyone can participate. Ill pick my favourite in a day or two, whether there's one quote or 100.

Cheers

Stoggieman
04-09-2013, 10:04 AM
"I'm your Huckleberry, That's just my game." - Doc Holliday, Tombstone.

SamwiseRed
04-09-2013, 10:04 AM
i dont want your stinkin jboots so dont count meh but

wololo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBqdKGiqnI

or dubstep version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVdRi0BCjw

rogan?

Cheech
04-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Spartacus Blood and Sand

Batiatus: That shit f*ck! Beckons me to the city only to spurn me like a thin wasted whore. Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram cock in f*cking ass!

Tulnavara
04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Wulfgar - From the Crystal Shard "Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron. It means: May the fleas of a thousand reindeer nest in your genitals."

Snifflechomp
04-09-2013, 10:33 AM
"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

-Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"

Bidoof
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity. At some time, every creature which lives must do so. It is the ultimate shadow, the defeat of creation; this is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life. Everywhere in the universe.

-Philip K Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Tecmos Deception
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Inscript the dark god into a rotting body! Flare!

But really, any quote from FFT is better than any other quote you'll see in this thread. I just kinda picked the flare one at random.

Sollix
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
"And my life went to pieces, like a love letter in the rain.”

― Will Christopher Baer, Kiss Me, Judas

Swish
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Bill Bixby (Robocop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cL1HisrNc

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Two, oddly enough both used by Iron Maiden in their songs.

O God of earth and altar, bow down and hear our cry,
Our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die;
The walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide;
Take not Thy thunder from us, but take away our pride.
Gilbert K Chesterton

'One after one by the star dogged moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang
And cursed me with his eye
Four times fifty living men
(And I heard nor sigh nor groan)
With heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
They dropped down one by one.'

youngbol
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
"Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you."

Macarena
04-09-2013, 10:57 AM
"One morning I woke up and found*my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died. I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand - he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

Chokan
04-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Uh uh uh, you didn't say the magic word... "Please! God damnit, I hate this hacker crap!"

Samuel L. Jackson

Sabz
04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
"Give me the jboots please" - me

Sebekkha
04-09-2013, 11:17 AM
"If god wanted football (soccer) to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky" Sir Brian Clough (Nottingham Forest Manager)

rsloans84
04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
The bears are who we thought they were, and we let em off the hook! If you're gonna crown their ass then crown em. But the bears are who we thought they were.-- Eagles coach rant-- ( I forget his name) just remember what he said

Dezik
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Rich is the man who has few needs

-Leonidas king of Sparta.. Actual quote

Pilgrimzero
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
"I can tell. You look like you ATE a house of pancakes."

- Lady Shae of Freeport (after telling her you come from the House of Pancakes.)

Probably one of my favorite jokes/easter eggs of classic EverQuest.

fuark
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
"Don't let the liberal media, tell you, how to think and feel. If you got hate in yer heart let it out!"

Clayton Bigsby

Yardcore
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
“Oh, I can barely lift my right arm ’cause I did so many. I don’t know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.” — Ron Burgundy

LOL~

renordw
04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Getting fired, is the best thing that could happen to any of us. That way, we’d quit treading water and do something with our lives.

- Tyler Durden, Fight Club

For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans. And account for every drop of used motor oil.

And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and buried gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born.

- Narrator, Fight Club

Qian
04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
"Go for the eyes, Boo!" - Baldur's Gate

carthorn
04-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Ghostbusters:

Winston Zeddmore: "Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES'!"

Awesome quote Qian :)
"Go for the eyes, Boo!" - Baldur's Gate

randomhero401
04-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.

shingb
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
-Bill Clinton

Wonton
04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

saedain
04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No! But I do it anyway, 'cause it's sterile and I like the taste. -Patches O Houlihan

Ozz
04-09-2013, 12:13 PM
The bears are who we thought they were, and we let em off the hook! If you're gonna crown their ass then crown em. But the bears are who we thought they were.-- Eagles coach rant-- ( I forget his name) just remember what he said

Cardinals coach, not Eagles...his name is Dennis (Denny) Green.

Seredoc
04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
"Must go faster" -Ian Malcolm(Jeff Goldblum), Jurassic Park

Akinero
04-09-2013, 12:24 PM
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”
-Alexandre Dumas/ The count of Monte Cristo

SamwiseRed
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Uh uh uh, you didn't say the magic word... "Please! God damnit, I hate this hacker crap!"

Samuel L. Jackson

hah i just watched that movie yesterday with my kid

NoWaiJ
04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
not really my favorite quote but this always makes me smile since it's from the only game i can say i enjoyed more than everquest.

'stay a while and listen!' deckard cain - diablo II

Growlers
04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Wulfgar - From the Crystal Shard "Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron. It means: May the fleas of a thousand reindeer nest in your genitals."

For the win.

gcobb
04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier." -- David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

Droog007
04-09-2013, 12:48 PM
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

- Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Zallar
04-09-2013, 12:55 PM
What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that- but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz.

Datajack Sinder Roze, "Infobop"

Kicku
04-09-2013, 12:58 PM
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my prey. I just like the sound of it."

"The Joker"

And for bonus points:

"Life is merely an orderly decay of energy states, and survival requires the continual discovery of new energy to pump into the system. He who controls the sources of energy controls the means of survival."

planeofdreams
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
H.P. Lovecraft
“Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.”

sulious
04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
First you gotta do the truffle shuffle----Mouth

Goonies

Stoggieman
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Going a bit older... and the number of us that have been scammed at one point or another in EQ on live or here...

"Et tu Brute?"

Crunk
04-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Stick it up your yeah.

~ Fred Durst

Gel Mibson
04-09-2013, 03:07 PM
from the movie Django:

Stephen: Oh, yes, sir. I miss you like a hawg miss slop. Like a baby miss mammy titty! I miss you like I misses a rock in my shoe! Now, I aks you, who dis ****** on dat nag?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ukDSlwTOk

Lyra
04-09-2013, 03:13 PM
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Hasbinbad
04-09-2013, 03:14 PM
"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"
-Mister Blonde (Michael Madsen) in Resevoir Dogs

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0Y7brwz6fA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0Y7brwz6fA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

eXplain
04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
"Look at the Size of That Thing!"
Red 2 - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

bizzum
04-09-2013, 03:35 PM
"There once was a man of Pakistan,
whose balls were made of fine brass.
In stormy weather they clung together,
and sparks flew out of his ass!"

-Leprechaun 3

(I don't want JBoots I just wanted to share!)

Reubin
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

acemac
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Guess we Found his weakness, Bullets!

LL Cool J some really bad B run movie. Mindhunters

Rjones61
04-09-2013, 04:06 PM
“Because he had nothing to hide, he did perhaps appear to have forfeited a little of his strength. But that is the irony of honesty.”
― Patrick White

raitheon
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
We are a bit of the universe experiencing itself for a little while.

- My interpretation of a Carl Sagan Quote

Malone88
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM
"We better not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!"
King Arthur
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Dweed
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
"I am so smart! S. M. R. T! -Homer

Jburks8
04-09-2013, 04:51 PM
"Zeds Dead Baby... Zeds Dead" - Pulp Fiction

zanderklocke
04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
"I wish you luck on not hating your parents for mixing up such an unthinkable person" (Brad Neely).

Woahnelly
04-09-2013, 05:49 PM
"Look at the Size of That Thing!"
Red 2 - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

I lol'd, should be the winner!

Woahnelly
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I see you're drinking one percent. Is that cause you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to. - Napoleon Dynamite

LetTheWookieWin
04-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Don't really want the boots, but I do want to play!

"It's a trick. Get an axe."

Ash in Army of Darkness

Not sure how this could not 100% be the winner every single time, it seems unfair to even post it...

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers

Cars
04-09-2013, 06:12 PM
"Fuck me, he cleared it!"
- Will Scarlett in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Anderdale
04-09-2013, 06:16 PM
"Uh, no. Sorry, but a toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll, and if we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls."

-Little John

KnuckleSangwich
04-09-2013, 06:27 PM
"I love the F5 key...it's just so...refreshing!"

:)

Woodheart
04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Colonel Sandurz
[viewing the Spaceballs video]
DARK HELMET: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
COL. SANDERS: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
DARK HELMET: What happened to then?
COL. SANDERS: We passed then.
DARK HELMET: When?
COL. SANDERS: Just now. We're at now, now.
DARK HELMET: Go back to then.
COL. SANDERS: When?
DARK HELMET: Now!
COL. SANDERS: Now?
COL. SANDERS: I can't.
DARK HELMET: Why?
COL. SANDERS: We missed it.
COL. SANDERS: Just now.
DARK HELMET: When will then be now?
COL. SANDERS: Soon.

Jenithia
04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
"Sheeeeeit, if this gon' be that kinda party I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes." -Mantan Moreland

or click to 1:39 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrJ7459pj0

Itap
04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Oh, Sally, it's not what's gotten into me, it's what's gotten into Oprah! My seed, son! Ha ha ha ha! I'm rich, bitch! Ha ha ha!

Dave Chappelle

enr4ged
04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Don't really want the boots, but I do want to play!

"It's a trick. Get an axe."

Ash in Army of Darkness

Not sure how this could not 100% be the winner every single time, it seems unfair to even post it...

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

Jake and Elwood in The Blues Brothers

Can't really complete with the Blues Brothers, you are right.

Atmas
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-09-2013, 07:14 PM
"Sheeeeeit, if this gon' be that kinda party I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes." -Mantan Moreland

or click to 1:39 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrJ7459pj0

Never gets old.

Brutal_X
04-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Politeness has become so rare that some people mistake it for flirtation.

Swish
04-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Colonel Sandurz
[viewing the Spaceballs video]
DARK HELMET: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
COL. SANDERS: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
DARK HELMET: What happened to then?
COL. SANDERS: We passed then.
COL. SANDERS: Just now. We're at now, now.
DARK HELMET: Go back to then.
COL. SANDERS: When?
COL. SANDERS: Now?
COL. SANDERS: I can't.
DARK HELMET: Why?
COL. SANDERS: We missed it.
COL. SANDERS: Just now.
DARK HELMET: When will then be now?
COL. SANDERS: Soon.

Love Spaceballs!! :D

(vid of this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA)

nothsa
04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
"What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

Zapp Brannigan

ymw
04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
That'll do pig, that'll do.

Nihilist_santa
04-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Mongol General: "Conan, What is best in life?"

Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

JayMcNugget
04-09-2013, 08:19 PM
"Think with Dispassion, Speak with Equanimity, Act in Calm"

Nuggets
04-09-2013, 08:53 PM
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

Sandlot

Loftus
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

- Minsc, Baldur's Gate c.1999

Woahnelly
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
“I don’t know but I’ve been told, Deirdre’s got a Network Node. Likes to press the on-off switch, dig that crazy Gaian witch."
- the Spartan marching song

Elrood
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Holy shit, Woahnelly, you just took my #2. Nicely done.

"I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice."

CEO Nwabudike Morgan
MorganLink 3DVision Interview

Jammeson
04-09-2013, 11:21 PM
"When you play the Game of thrones you either win or you die" - Cersei, Game of Thrones

Zaimor
04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
"This statement is false."

Hinthek
04-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Wow....9 pages deep, and not one quote from ther best movie ever made??

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Barn
04-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Where's the dog?

Tyree to Paden in Silverado.

fuark
04-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Wow....9 pages deep, and not one quote from ther best movie ever made??

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

V. I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Barn
04-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Bullshit ten minutes, this thing will be over in two minutes. Get on it!
Where'd who go?
As you wish.

Essedge
04-10-2013, 02:53 AM
"Shit" - Gary Oldman, Leon or The Professional

Kefit
04-10-2013, 03:32 AM
"Don't say another Goddamn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as through from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth."

- from Penny Arcade's 6/4/2012 comic (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10)

Kagatob
04-10-2013, 03:57 AM
"When some wild-eye 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar-room wall and looks you crookedly in the eye and he asks you if you've paid your dues?
Well you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that.
Have you paid your dues Jack?
Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

Anesthia
04-10-2013, 04:04 AM
"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."
- Barracks Graffiti, Sparta Command

"Objects once measured in meters have become so small that they cannot be seen by the naked eye, with revolutionary applications across the board. Gentlemen, forget what your courtisans have told you: size does matter!"
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Industries Annual Report

Olacaten
04-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Shit Happends! thats mine.

Twoberries
04-10-2013, 08:25 AM
From The Thing(1982)
Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. And when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!

letsallkillandy
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Patrick Bateman: I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUvZLDvAcQ

Barn
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Have at you!
'tis but a scratch.
Just a flesh wound.

Lojik
04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
When a wise man points at the moon, the idiot examines the finger.

dialajoe
04-10-2013, 12:29 PM
"I avoid embarrassing myself by using a two-step rule: one, think very carefully about what you're going to say."

"And what's step two?"

"Don't say anything."

Gadwen
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
"Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors - and bowling, and as a surfer, he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and up to Pismo. He died, he died as so many young men of his generation before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince." - Walter Sobchak

Safon
04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Wow, so many good ones! I think I'll pick 2 or three runner ups and give them a few k pp, if someone happens to quote my favourite quote from Alpha Centauri they'll automatically be one of the runner ups :). At this point the j boots winner isn't an AC quoter though, I'll leave this going until tomorrow.

Detoxx
04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
When im at my best, you're at my mercy. -Michael Jordan
Edit: Don't want boots, just for fun!

Fistandantalus
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

BandCamp
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Woahnelly
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
“Einstein would turn in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.”

Grahm
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
you all got trolled

Safon
04-10-2013, 06:37 PM
you all got trolled

Your mom got trolled the day you were born

Woahnelly
04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
"Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important, its what separates us from the animals...except the weasels."
- Homer J. Simpson

Ennewi
04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life."
--Sadhuru Jaggi Vasudev

CrazyYodler
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
"Reported" -various

"Choo Choo Train To ZL!" -trails and tribulations of unrest

Pokeman
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
"I think there are plenty of good people in America, but there are also plenty of bad people in America and the bad ones are the ones who seem to have all the power and be in these positions to block things that you and I need. Because this is the situation, you and I have to preserve the right to do what is necessary to bring an end to that situation, and it doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't even call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

- Kurt Cobain

Jammeson
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

Sister Miriam Godwinson, “But for the Grace of God” - Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri

this is probably my favorite quote that I found from this game

Jammeson
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and transcends those boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn, nonetheless, for the latter.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, “Address to the Faculty” - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Jammeson
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan “The Ethics of Greed” - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Elrood
04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once the ladies glanced at
His special enhancement,
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

Mangorange
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM
What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"
Accompanies the Secret Project "The Virtual World

Anesthia
04-11-2013, 01:09 AM
I've already posted that, Elrood.

Just in case multiple unique submissions are allowed:

"Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it." - Santayana, Essays

"You can't know where you are going until you know where you have been." - Unattributed

"I sit in my cubicle, here on the motherworld. When I die, they will put my body in a box and dispose of it in the cold ground. And in all the million ages to come, I will never breathe, or laugh, or twitch again. So won't you run and play with me here among the teeming mass of humanity? The universe has spared us this moment." - Anonymous, Datalinks

Woahnelly
04-11-2013, 05:10 AM
"This is the most compelling case of false advertising since my suit against the Never Ending Story" - Lionel Hutz

tommydgun
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
"This is the way the [thread] ends. Not with a bang but a whimper"

T.S. Eliot

Cuktus
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

Blackmill
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
"The dude abides" - Jeffery Lebowski; The Big Lebowski

Kieu
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't want the boots, or cash. I just want to help promote the 2nd Anchorman with this hilarious video from conan on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbTC9Unj6eY

Will Ferrell: By the way Brick, what are you eating?
Steve Carell: Oh, its one of those delicious falafel hotdogs with cinnamon and bacon on top.
Will Ferrell: What do you mean one of those? Those don't exist. That's a used coffee filter with cigarette butts on it.
Steve Carell: Well.. I got it out of the food basket at the end of the lunch line.
Paul Rudd: That's the garbage can...
Will Ferrelll: Mhm.

skorge
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
"I'm so happy I can benchpress a Buick." - Chris from Country Boys http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/countryboys/

wwoneo
04-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Jack McCoy: I'm playing legal tiddlywinks with these punks. What I'd really like to do is take them out to Battery Park and hang them by the scrotum.
Law And Order: Season 8 Episode 1

Safon
04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Congrats Nothsa, you take the j boots. Runners up Snifflechomp and Jburks8 take 2000pp each, I can be online tomorrow around 4:30 pm in EC Tunnel, pm me to arrange a time to meet up.

Safon
04-12-2013, 05:12 AM
No pm's yet from any of them, interesting

Nuggets
04-12-2013, 05:20 AM
onto the next! my sandlot quote obviously had them beat

carthorn
04-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Adventure Time

"This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX0Mxwx5Q1E

Raavak
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
(for fun)

“The best in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.” - Conan the Barbarian

Lojik
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
"Hey guys. Ooh Big Gulps huh? Alright! Well see ya later."

jshannon
04-12-2013, 12:27 PM
"Nobody gives it to you, you have to take it" -The Departed

Safon
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Hint - Contest winners, contact me to arrange a meeting in game and receive your stuff. Still haven't heard a word from any of you

Strifer
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
From an old guildie on live who had just finished making a trade in ec.

Guy:"Hey Drew, still wanna have sex with my goat?"
Guildie: "lol not drew :)"

Safon
04-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I get the feeling they posted their quotes and never planned to check this thread again...

Whatever

Barkingturtle
04-12-2013, 07:24 PM
"Someone's going to bump this thread in six months and it will grow by ten pages,"~

Me

Kieu
04-12-2013, 09:27 PM
They probably never thought they'd win, or maybe they're too naive to ever look? :P Could be both.

odiecat99
04-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Bury me a G, closed casket, that's how they'll remember me

citizen1080
04-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Little Girl: [looking at a Magic Eye poster] Wow. It's a schooner.

Willam Black: Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.

Little Boy: A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!

Willam Black: [becoming enraged] You know what? There is NO Easter Bunny! Over there, that's just a guy in a suit!

-Mallrats

zanderklocke
04-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Congrats Nothsa, you take the j boots. Runners up Snifflechomp and Jburks8 take 2000pp each, I can be online tomorrow around 4:30 pm in EC Tunnel, pm me to arrange a time to meet up.

Probably because this thread is like 14+ pages long. I hope you sent them personal messages, so they know they won?

Musetii
04-12-2013, 10:42 PM
What if this world is another planet's hell?

Snifflechomp
04-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Woooot! Runner up! I'll take it :)

skottomania
04-13-2013, 04:43 PM
"You make a mistake if you see what we do as merely political." - Adolf Hitler