PDA

View Full Version : Chars were all gone, almost had a heartattack

VincentVolaju
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Holy. Effing. Shizza.

Has this happened to anyone else? Log in to your account and all chars look like theyve been deleted / able to create new characters. Then /q EQ, relogin and characters back? Omg, I thought someone got my info and just deleted everything, almost had a mini heart attack here T_T.

Emphase
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
logged into wrong server?

VincentVolaju
04-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I dont think so, but that makes the most sense I guess lol. I usually just login then spam enter, cause it saves the last server I logged into, and I only play p99. But I dunno yah maybe I goofed up somewhere lol.

Emphase
04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
yea its done that to me sometimes when i hit enter, logs me into a random server once inawhile , the first few times i had that mild heartattack lol

myriverse
04-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Happens to me at least once a week. I think it's a weak/briefly lost connection.

/shrug - I ignore any kind of errors unless they repeat a dozen or more times. There are times when I get 6-7 1017 errors back to back before a successful login. Np.

SirAlvarex
04-09-2013, 05:59 PM
I never had this happen, but at one point there was a bug on the character select screen that showed all of your characters naked. I nearly threw up in my mouth when I logged in to see my toons naked.

But when I logged in all was swell.

Wudan
04-10-2013, 07:51 AM
this happened to me before.... not a good feeling at all! Was ok after i launched EQ again.... wierd

NoWaiJ
04-10-2013, 11:13 AM
this happened to me once on live after a break-up.

it wasn't just a glitch. i got back all of my no-drop gear and characters.

Lagaidh
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
this happened to me once on live after a break-up.

it wasn't just a glitch. i got back all of my no-drop gear and characters.

Yeee-ikes!

Spacebar
04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, happened to me before. Like the guy said before, I think it is due to a brief (or extended) bad connection. I sometimes get that annoying 1017 error a bunch of times in a row. Then log in at it says I have to update spell files (when they are already up-to-date). Log in again a few minutes later and all my characters are gone. Log in a minute later and everything is normal and my ms is at like 400.

PS: Working overseas is fun....