PDA

View Full Version : All Iksar or All Dark Race guild

ukaking
06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
When I started playing EQ in 2000, Kunark had just been released and some RL friends and I formed an Iksar only guild in the Field of Bone and enjoyed good success with the influx of new players to EQ at that time and to the players who were making Iksar alts.
The guild was RP PVP since we were on Rallos Zek. Anyone not of the Iksar race would be warned to leave the area by the Harbingers of Thule. Any non-compliance would result in a thrashing and subsequent corpse run. Obviously this isnt the motive or option here.
We were a casual family based guild of adults who just liked to have fun and take in the full scope of the game. Hunting parties are a regular thing for any guild, but what of events in the PVP arena and city wide events, etc.? Things have to be done a little differently to make something memorable. Think about it.
EQ is a hard game...
Its even harder when you are limited to no porters or clerics unless from alts or an outside ally.
Are people up for that type of challenge or would the guild have to include all Dark Races so that wizzies and clerics are included?
Would there be enough interest in something like this ever happening again, knowing what we know about the game now?
Would anyone be willing to put in that kind of effort to make something people can remember years from now?
I'm ready to take another swing at it. I want to know if we have that kinda support when Kunark comes out...

BeepBeep
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Iksar Hunting Parties (raids/zerg) would be very cool. Especially running into FP area or something haha.

ukaking
06-25-2010, 03:09 PM
We always played on the Iksar militaristic past like that. Nothing like a tribal beatdown!

Leokaiser
06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I played in Skathris Ven'Sho on Frionia Vie, an all-Iksar guild, for a short time. Best RP in an MMO ever.

From a gameplay standpoint though, not having Clerics and certain other classes limits what you can do somewhat. Without the RP - and it was the whole RP enviroment on FV, not just our guild, that made it special - I'm not really sure what the hook would be.

I find it highly doubtful that there would be enough RPers to support a guild of this type alone, never mind RPers across the server to have meaningful interations with. The only use I've got out of my RP skills has been trolling a few trolls (who are confused about who is trolling who!) in EC tunnel.

I'll be shocked if I'm wrong and it turns out there are a good number of RPers hiding on the server; but if so, count me in. No Blue Elfs or softskins of any variety though, only the true children of Cazic-Thule are worthy!

[insert RP related insults below]

Kornaki
06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
An all iksar guild could be a lot of fun. You could threaten non-iksars with raiding their home city or something if they don't leave...

Maybe more suitable would be something like you see a level 8 enchanter running around Kurns, so you kill every level 12 enchanter spell vendor in the game for a week. Brutal, totally inefficient but completely awesome (I'm not sure if this would be possible).

I've been wanting to roleplay a character but not enough people do it to make it fun. This could be a gamechanger

ukaking
06-25-2010, 05:29 PM
You would be surprised at how many people will play along with the context of the guild. We had a lot of people learn Lizardman just to be able to communicate with us and what not.
Im not asking people to be hardcore RPs if they dont want to. Just have some pride in the ikky as a race!

FatMagic
06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I think it's an awesome idea, I would join up just for the fun to be had. It would be a seriously sweet experience if a bunch of people got on board with it.

Kiroc
06-25-2010, 08:27 PM
There used to be an Iksar run guild on Torvonnilous back in the day called "Fifth Column". Evil races were allowed into the guild but with an understanding that they acknowledged the Iksar as the master race and thus submitting themselves as servants of the Iksar while a member of the guild. Fun stuff!