PDA

View Full Version : Itemized EC tunnel forums?

Seredoc
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Ok, so one thing that has been bugging me lately is how unorganized the EC Tunnel forums section is. I go on there trying to find anything and the first page is nothing but spam about WTB/WTS characters for multiple hundreds of thousands of PP and people with their vendor list of 25 fungis and a manastone for sale.

Can we get small subsections, if possible, that further itemize the forums so that you can look specifically for what you want?

Something like, click on EC Tunnel then up comes multiple sub categories like:

BUY/SELL Characters(Epic/Planar)
Buy/SELL Characters(NON-EPIC)
WTB/WTS Items/Lists <10k
WTB/WTS Items/Lists 10k - 90k
WTB/WTS Items/Lists 100k +

That way when someone is selling a jboots MQ and just one it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of people selling toons, fungi, rogue epics or someone's lvl 54 epic'd cleric for sale.

Just an idea, I know it would lead to mods having to pay attention to the EC section of the forums more but I know it would leave me with less of a headache trying to browse and shop.

Rasah
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
I suppose you could try the search function.

skipdog
04-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I would suggest simply using the forum search feature. Search for the item you'd like and BAM you have a quick short list of posts that contain the item.

Seredoc
04-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Except the problem with shopping is you don't always know what all items are available and being sold. Yeah sitting in EC is the best bet but can't do that and lvl.

This would allow you to view and compare items more easily, sort of like the Bazaar's search function of old.

I don't know about you, but afaik this forum doesn't have a search by slot and price range function.

myriverse
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
You could always take a few minutes to research what you're looking for. There's IntarWebs out there with information and stuff.

Swish
04-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Don't forget doing a search on www.ahungry.com/eqauctions

Can track down sellers from weeks ago and see if they still have that item you want that's never listed :)

skipdog
04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I think if your intent is to 'browse' items and you have no idea what you actually want to buy, you need to do some more research and come back later. It's just not in your best interest to 'window shop' in EQ. Do the research, find out exactly which items you want to purchase and for how much, and then search them out. That would still be quicker than having 5 subforums and having to browse through many many individual posts in the specific subforum that applies.

Seredoc
04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I know that we have the wiki we can use to search, was just saying that getting rid of the clutter may remove the requirement to have 3 websites open when one forum tweak would make it a "one-stop shop".

ahungry is my favorite for doing price checks, much more accurate than the wiki. Just a suggestion, didn't know people preferred the clutter.

I think if your intent is to 'browse' items and you have no idea what you actually want to buy, you need to do some more research and come back later. It's just not in your best interest to 'window shop' in EQ. Do the research, find out exactly which items you want to purchase and for how much, and then search them out. That would still be quicker than having 5 subforums and having to browse through many many individual posts in the specific subforum that applies.

Except that when you find what you want you then have to track down a seller, and hope that due to an influx of <insert economical fluctuation reason here> they haven't increased it from 300pp like it was a 3 weeks ago to 1k(crafted legs come to mind).

Where as by having everything in the forums, you don't have to spend tons of time sifting through pages of garbage or crap references from the search. How many times in a post will someone mention an item and now it comes up in your search.

This would keep things nice and clean and allow for directed buying and selling. Want to buy a character, go to that section. Want to buy a fungi? Go to the 10-100k section. It would then be an in built "pre-search" and would, in my opinion, streamline usage and overcome clunky search filtering and the pre-requisite of having to have 3 windows open to perform what one simple search should be able to do.

I like to "browse" because sometimes people break from the norm and say "Hmm, this item is selling for x but I haven't been able to sell it for x so I will sell it for y instead" without actually being in EC.

Swish
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
A bigger issue is people bumping threads before 16 hours, no moderation seems to be going in to stop it.

DOPE
04-11-2013, 02:18 PM
And you've got cats starting 5+ threads at once.

Thulack
04-11-2013, 02:21 PM
4 threads on first 2 pages of account trades. 3 are WTS and 1 is WTB. Think your issue here is you don't like account's being sold and are coming here to whine about it. Use the search function or come back when you know what you want to buy. EC Tunnel ingame is for browsing.

Ephirith
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
4 threads on first 2 pages of account trades. 3 are WTS and 1 is WTB. Think your issue here is you don't like account's being sold and are coming here to whine about it. Use the search function or come back when you know what you want to buy. EC Tunnel ingame is for browsing.

Seredoc
04-11-2013, 02:53 PM

I could give a rat's ass less about selling accounts. What I am posting here is ideas to keep the trades section more under control, until worthless dipshit posters like you step in and immediately try to make something. Good for you now, you can get you troll farts out of another thread, now piss off and let the adults continue their conversation

Handull
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
lol op is so mad. those subforum ideas are silly.

if you don't know what you want, you have to open every thread that might be relevant to you and read it *gasp*

if you know what you want, the search function is amazing.

Seredoc
04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
What I was trying to do is put together some sort of all in one where you only needed to come here or be in game to find what you need. Instead I found a few helpful people and the rest of you are just being pricks.

No wonder mods rarely show their faces round here, and no wonder so many people are considering the sleeper with a community like this.

Thulack
04-11-2013, 03:41 PM
What I was trying to do is put together some sort of all in one where you only needed to come here or be in game to find what you need. Instead I found a few helpful people and the rest of you are just being pricks.

No wonder mods rarely show their faces round here, and no wonder so many people are considering the sleeper with a community like this.

As stated by me and over 50% of the other posters in this thread. Learn to use the search function. Your "browsing" reasoning is just BS. If you break down forums based on price where are you gonna put mithril vambraces? I see some people trying to sell these for 5k+ so they would put them in the >5k forum but what if someone else wants to sell them for 4k and they end up in the <5k forum. People are still going to find things listed in 2 forums. Your idea of subforums is still going to cause people to have to click on more links to get through more forums because like you they are "browsing" as you call it.

Vega
04-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Seems to be pretty popular these days to just rip into an OP than actually discuss things in sever chat. I blame carry over from RnF.

On topic: It would be an interesting idea, but I think it would be too much of a headache to have people have to decide where to post. Or for people that wanted to just see it all to have to go through each sub-forum. They already have pre-fix filtering (WTB,WTT,WTS,etc) for the EC forum. It probably wouldn't be that hard to add more some more pre-fixes for those that wanted to use them (either posting or searching).

citizen1080
04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Easist solution would most likely be two sub forums for the EC tunnel.

Stuff < 5kpp

Stuff > 5kpp

Issue would be people selling a long list of stuff...which forum do they use!?

fullmetalcoxman
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
P99 wiki---->Equipment---->Equipment by class---->Equipment by slot---->Browse to your heart's content.

Starting four different forums would be a headache. Sellers would have to start multiple threads and buyers would have to search multiple forums.