PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about raid tanking

Taeluuin
04-12-2013, 02:31 AM
I've noticed that taunt does NOT work how it should here. Taunt is supposed to give you +1 hate over the highest threat in your group/raid. However, even on success taunt doesn't always give you threat. So what I'm curious about is this: do raid guilds use Knights on their MT list? Or are warriors still the only MTs for all raid bosses? If so, how do you manage threat?

Freakish
04-12-2013, 02:50 AM
You dump a midnight mallet into a target and /lol to the bank.

Itap
04-12-2013, 07:49 AM
You dump a midnight mallet into a target and /lol to the bank.

This.

Or you wait for MT to call for assist before you engage, so he/she can build up a significant amount of threat.

Selly
04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Warriors will be the MT's due to disciplines. If its a nasty mob that needs instant dps burn midnight mallet charges as said above if not just give the warrior some time to get a few rounds / a proc off.

Captivate
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
I've noticed that taunt does NOT work how it should here. Taunt is supposed to give you +1 hate over the highest threat in your group/raid. However, even on success taunt doesn't always give you threat. So what I'm curious about is this: do raid guilds use Knights on their MT list? Or are warriors still the only MTs for all raid bosses? If so, how do you manage threat?

um

not sure if srs?

Captivate
04-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Ill just go ahead and say it. Its not possible for a taunt class to taunt anything above his level, or his level irrc.

Im not even sure if at this point in time you can taunt anything above level 50. They may have changed this.

Either wait taunting classes are not taunting raid mobs, and even if they COULD it wouldnt matter, and it wouldnt help.