PDA

View Full Version : Most fun class in the game?

VincentVolaju
06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Wondering what some of your opinions are on which class is the most fun? I know its all about the players style, preference and what they like to do in an MMO, but I am curious to see which class gets the most votes. Which class do you all enjoy playing the most and why?

Mournblade
06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
monk. i like their style.

Skope
06-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Love my necro and love my shaman.

But my first char was a rogue and that was by far the most fun

Frankee
06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Enchanter when it gets sticky :3

Daywolf
06-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Split between Drui and Cleric. Wolf form, root and dot works for me, takes down red-con giants pretty easily. Offensive cleric droppin' undead, like poetry.

Phallax
06-26-2010, 12:03 AM
I like shaman due to their versatility...Pretty much any game I play that offers a shaman,or a variation, Ill play the shaman because of that.

Calamitous Oeuvre
06-26-2010, 02:10 AM
pfft Bard. Duh.

abbadox
06-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Rogue combined with Roleplaying

oldhead
06-26-2010, 03:26 AM
this question can not be answered...

Its all personal preference.

Which sandwhich is the best tasting sandwhich?

Lickum
06-26-2010, 04:22 AM
I'm always jealous of druids, they can do everything it seems. Tracking, solo, Powerlevel, buff.....

Tseng
06-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Druid for me. Not ideal for groups and raids, but extremely self-sufficient, able to solo, able to track, able to travel quickly, able to help friends, good survivability.

Lill-Leif
06-26-2010, 07:18 AM
I always enjoyed playing the necro class, both in groups and solo. In most games I always enjoyed tanking as well but iirc I only got my eq warrior up to 53 or so around the PoP era.

Aarone
06-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Tuna melt (w/cheddar) on marble rye with a big slice of red onion!

Wis caster and tanks rock too! ;)

Phallax
06-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Wondering what some of your opinions are on which class is the most fun? I know its all about the players style, preference and what they like to do in an MMO, but I am curious to see which class gets the most votes. Which class do you all enjoy playing the most and why?

Taluvill
06-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Druid for me. Not ideal for groups and raids, but extremely self-sufficient, able to solo, able to track, able to travel quickly, able to help friends, good survivability.

Same here. Picked a druid from the start in '99... and never went back. Just a fun class to play being able to dabble a bit into every magic, and it will be cool to go and actually heal in kunark with sup heal.

Rogues are a lot of fun too. Not a wow rogue, but fun to play. No poisons on this server, because they are bugged to all hell, but still cool to watch the damage fly a bit.

Phallax
06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Same here. Picked a druid from the start in '99... and never went back. Just a fun class to play being able to dabble a bit into every magic, and it will be cool to go and actually heal in kunark with sup heal.

Rogues are a lot of fun too. Not a wow rogue, but fun to play. No poisons on this server, because they are bugged to all hell, but still cool to watch the damage fly a bit.

ugh I hate playing WoW rogues and managing combat points and energy.

Taluvill
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
ugh I hate playing WoW rogues and managing combat points and energy.

I just liked being 70 with baller gear and ganking the f*ck out of the horde = P

Quit just after wrath of the lich king expansopn because, its well.... WoW.

Fun game at points though. BG's were pretty fun, loved pvp in that game, although i've played MUCH better pvp games, not gonna lie = P

Darkfall anyone?

VincentVolaju
06-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Suprised only one person said Monk, I thought thats what everyone was going to pick.

And I DFO was best before it went NA Taluvill =P

StinkyGreenBud
06-26-2010, 02:21 PM
WIZARD. They just don't get enough love.

Reiker
06-26-2010, 02:21 PM
WoW and Darkfall are good examples of bad PvP games, yeah.

PhelanKA
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM
WoW and Darkfall are good examples of bad PvP games, yeah.

I played on Rallos Zek server from launch up to Velious and as much as I loved it I have to say that EQ has the worst balance amongst the classes for PVP of any MMO I have ever played.

Phallax
06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I played on Rallos Zek server from launch up to Velious and as much as I loved it I have to say that EQ has the worst balance amongst the classes for PVP of any MMO I have ever played.

Ill still to this day say UO in the t2a era was the best PvP game, I play a t2a era based Emu still, its crazy how balanced and fast paced UO pvp is.

Sorry to derail, lets get back on topic!

tj218
06-26-2010, 06:29 PM

I played on Tallon Zek during a similar time and I disagree with you here. I think that's what made PvP so fun, you had to know when and how to pick your battles, not just start on the first bad guy you see. It also put a premium on hunting (PvP) in groups.

If every class were the same and it was just a matter of how fast you could click a button or just the timing on the key press the game would be rather bland.

But I haven't played any other MMO besides EQ so maybe I am just wrong.

Tseng
06-26-2010, 07:26 PM

EQ was never balanced around PVP, other games are

Striiker
06-26-2010, 08:13 PM
I have played several different classes. My top favorite was the enchanter. No feeling like saving a group from a wipe by locking stuff down. My best memories of this was in Cazic Thule when people actually went there. Battles close to the wire and more roamers come wandering into the battle.
My next favorite was my monk. It allowed me to be a melée class but still included some different methods and tactics for the group as a pulled and splitting mobs.
I think next would be my necro. I like the dark aspects to the class and I can solo quite well. My shadow knight is close behind the necro. I played a wizard to 50 in 1999 and wound up retiring him.
It's all a matter of personal preferences and play style. We will all have different answers of course which is why everquest is so great. The classes are sufficiently different to suit everyone. What killed the game was blurring these lines and merging class defining abilities.

Phallax
06-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I have played several different classes. My top favorite was the enchanter. No feeling like saving a group from a wipe by locking stuff down. My best memories of this was in Cazic Thule when people actually went there. Battles close to the wire and more roamers come wandering into the battle.
My next favorite was my monk. It allowed me to be a melée class but still included some different methods and tactics for the group as a pulled and splitting mobs.
I think next would be my necro. I like the dark aspects to the class and I can solo quite well. My shadow knight is close behind the necro. I played a wizard to 50 in 1999 and wound up retiring him.
It's all a matter of personal preferences and play style. We will all have different answers of course which is why everquest is so great. The classes are sufficiently different to suit everyone. What killed the game was blurring these lines and merging class defining abilities.

Agree. Thats also what kills most games, they try and make classes far to balance with other classes and it shouldnt be that way. WoW died because its...well WoW and caters the casual gamer far to much. But with talents and allowing tons of classes to fulfil the same roles as others its almost pointless. I loved being a warrior pre-BC because we were the only suitable tanks then for raids. Now people look at warriors as 3rd rate tanks...its sad...

EQ. Other than shaman, as I already posted. I love playing rogues. I like being an endless damage souce with big numbers flashing on my screen and never worry about running out of mana. I played a berserker main on live(which well never see here) and that was my class of preference for DPS. HUGE numbers there, led my guild on the charts on many fights and we topped the server(Talisman on Tunare...still active today), epic 2.0 was amazing.

Loretta
06-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Ill still to this day say UO in the t2a era was the best PvP game, I play a t2a era based Emu still, its crazy how balanced and fast paced UO pvp is.

Sorry to derail, lets get back on topic!

UOGamer Hybrid? :) - I has a few accounts over there.

gruumsh
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Lol, WoW died, ok...Wow has more players/servers than any other MMORPG created. Yes granted it's easy but I feel that too many people just trash WoW without seeing all the great gameplay that it brings.

Kinda silly to keep saying that a game "sucks" or is "dead" when it has easily cornered the MMORPG market and that is a fact.

I do like how EQ has classes that are very reliant on others and thus building a community, but let's be honest here, EQ does have some glaring imbalances (especially in EQ2). It's cool to have a community, but it's also very frustrating to play a class that is in a way always gimped and not needed. I remember playing EQ live back in 03 and I could never get groups with my pally since they couldn't tank and had no "utility". Pretty annoying to roll a class and put some time into it only to find out later down the road that said class was in a sense worthless. When I played WoW, I never saw such things so that is why I post this.

Daywolf
06-26-2010, 11:00 PM
<--Vicious WoW hater :mad:

Sucks. Is dead. :p

---
Anyhoot. PlanetSide had the best PvP. Now it's screwed up, but it was the best for a time. Balance is not an issue really, PvP should be team/group based on factions. Only solo/duelers QQ about balance, that's hardly PvP.

Oh yeah, UO was good too. Had to organize though, I'm not speaking of the newbie gank-fest stuff. We had large scale alliance guild wars in that game, and with the help of the Seers we had something really good going. ...well until EA fired all the Seers. Damn EA. But PlanetSide, all time best. Now I just PvP in Secondlife, as I wait for something even better than PS was. Actually my avatar here is from my regulation combat ship.

But anyway, still split today. Drui is the best! But maybe tomorrow Cleric :D

L2Phantom
06-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Bard for the fact its non-stop pulling action and can make a good group, the best group anyone has ever been in if played right.

Chanter also, because they can solo amazing things if played with skill, and the class does indeed take skill in sticky situations.

oldhead
06-27-2010, 09:28 AM
To me monk is the funnest.

i love pulling. I love going into a zone and learning every single mob spawn and how to single it. I love being the one to hold the pace of the group or raid. I like being in the front not the rear.

I like not having to worry about mana. Not having to worry about buffs. Not having to sit. I like being able to escape death while everyone else dies. =)

I like to be able to pummel lower level mobs with a spam of fists and death.

A well made Ruben is a hell of a sandwich btw.

Phallax
06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Nah Celes, UOsecondage.

gruumsh, jsut because a game has the most subscribers doesnt mean its not dead. Its just filled with casuals, dont get me wrong I still play it every now and then but the good WoW days are gone and will never come back, thus dead. EQ still has subscribers and pumps out expansions, doesnt mean its not dead.

And PvP is all about balance...its player vs player...not group vs group...so yea thats why soloers / duelers complain the most. UO had great fielding of large masses of people that wasnt just dueling 1v1 and balance still mattered.

VictoryARC
I love my shaman for the utility and self sufficiency but I have a strong urge to play a pulling class. They get to explore rooms that wisdom casters rarely get to see on the account of sitting on their asses

frefaln
Tanks and shammies were what I played on Live, and I started down the same path on P99. Then I suddenly slammed on the brakes and rolled a rogue instead, and lemme tell you I wish I would've done that years ago. Rogue is the class that fits me like a glove for many reasons, but first and foremost it's the ability to sneak-hide through most parts of dungeons.

Just a few hours ago I sneaked to the Ghoul Lord in Lower Guk at level 22. Not impressive to anyone who knows the zone well, I'm sure. But I don't know the zone by heart and I certainly didn't know which mobs might see through Sneak. Some might wonder, what's the point? Why crawl around dungeons when you can't kill the crap you're looking at? And that's fine if they don't get why that'd be an adrenalin rush. I do, and that's why rogue works for me.

I also love being useful when a group pushes its limits too far and wipes. It's nice to be able to drag everyone to zone without the stress of invis breaking or anything crazy. They know I'm cleaning up the mess and it calms them down a little bit.

Oh, and rogues have some nice DPS too ;) ... I can't solo for sh*t and as a result I'm having a hard time making some plat, but that's the sacrifice I'm willing to make for all the stuff I mentioned above.