PDA

View Full Version : Spell Files

Zigo
04-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Hey all,

I'm sorry to keep bugging you for help, but the start up guide is a little bit out of date imo.

I don't want to come across like a jerk, but the staff's top priority should be streamlining the process of install, and ensuring it is always up to date. It's been quite a load of work just to get this running. I can't even imagine how many new potential players have been stopped by this lengthy process, and the gaps of information discovered along the way.

Since EQ EMU seems to be down, or offline forever, how can I locate and install the proper spell files?

I used Dexus installer, but these spell files appear to be out of date as well.

Can anybody lend a hand?

Many thanks,
Zigo

Frieza_Prexus
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv27.zip is the latest set of spell files.

This forum: http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11 is where you will find the latest files.

This thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=98585 is the most recent post which new posts/patches will be modeled after. The reason those files are out of date is because there was an emergency patch with new files, and the original post was not update to reflect this.

Ele
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
And just unzip into your root EQ directory

Zigo
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Ok. I downloaded the eqchangesv27.zip.

To clarify, I just need to extract this zip to my eq directory and I'm solid?

Frieza_Prexus
04-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Ok. I downloaded the eqchangesv27.zip.

To clarify, I just need to extract this zip to my eq directory and I'm solid?

You should be, unless there's an unrelated problem. Just paste/extract it into the eq directory and tell it to overwrite any old files.

Zigo
04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Thank you guys,

I'm a level 1 newbie ass monk in South fucking Queynos!

Feels good man, feels good.

Thanks,
EvilSteveDave

Frieza_Prexus
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
If you're looking to get some action, try to get a port to WC/NRO and get bound in Freeport. There's always a ton of buffs to be had in the EC tunnel, and you can level up fairly quickly to the low teens that way.

Or, you can go nuts in Qeynos hills, buffs will be harder to get (check Hadden's spawn for a high level who might be camping it). Gnoll fangs are good XP, so save those as are rabid animal pelts.

citizen1080
04-14-2013, 06:53 PM
If you're looking to get some action, try to get a port to WC/NRO and get bound in Freeport. There's always a ton of buffs to be had in the EC tunnel, and you can level up fairly quickly to the low teens that way.

Or, you can go nuts in Qeynos hills, buffs will be harder to get (check Hadden's spawn for a high level who might be camping it). Gnoll fangs are good XP, so save those as are rabid animal pelts.

Good advice.

If you make it to EC and you see Bob online in the tunnel ill toss ya some starter cash to help you on your way. Welcome to the server friend.

Anesthia
04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
At level 1 you could just re-roll agnostic and start in FP if you're taking the EC route. Welcome to the server!

webrunner5
04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
At level 1 you could just re-roll agnostic and start in FP if you're taking the EC route. Welcome to the server!

What he said. :cool:

Done
04-14-2013, 09:54 PM

Agnostic monks start in Qeynos, Quellious monks start in Freeport, unfortunately.

Anesthia
04-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Looks like I got the two mixed up. Thanks for the correction. It's been a while since I've played a monk.