PDA

View Full Version : Bracer of the hidden

sdp00888
04-17-2013, 12:49 AM
So this is a been question, but y is bracer of the hidden such a sought after item? The clicky effect is just see is correct? How does this benefit a class majorly?

nothsa
04-17-2013, 01:11 AM
you can cast it on others, it makes a decent indoor junk buff clicker when combined with other things

citizen1080
04-17-2013, 01:34 AM
^Junk buff for raid mobs

mishurza
04-17-2013, 03:28 AM
actually it works poorly for junk buff mid-fight compared to shrunken goblin earring or jboots because you have to stop and target yourself. Casting it on others is where the real benefits come in as this allows say a monk to cast a buff on an incoming trainer and get on the aggro list of the incoming mobs so when the trainer FDs they aggro on the monk not your raid force. Bottom line, unless your in VP its not terribly useful

Kagatob
04-17-2013, 03:59 AM
actually it works poorly for junk buff mid-fight compared to shrunken goblin earring or jboots because you have to stop and target yourself. Casting it on others is where the real benefits come in as this allows say a monk to cast a buff on an incoming trainer and get on the aggro list of the incoming mobs so when the trainer FDs they aggro on the monk not your raid force. Bottom line, unless your in VP its not terribly useful

The fact that people figure out this kind of crap is downright depressing. :( :( :(

Agatha
04-17-2013, 04:27 AM
the fact that you dont know about this crap on a 13 year old game is depressing.

Kagatob
04-17-2013, 04:42 AM
My avitar is a picture of someone snorting a heart shaped line of coke

I totes give two shits about your small opinion.

Gadwen
04-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Because clickies are cool

falkun
04-17-2013, 07:26 AM

VP is not the only place where this aggro transfer functionality is useful.

Stormhowl
04-17-2013, 08:01 AM
If it sounds like an exploit, looks like an exploit, but is classic, it probably isn't an exploit, right? :(

It's sad that there's kind of min-max mentality about everything. I get the junk buffing. But to do this stuff for pulling seems incredibly necessary. As is the hostility towards people who disagree with it. :/

falkun
04-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Buffing another player has always transferred aggro, are you trying to argue that its not classic?

You don't have to use it for pulling. I can use hymn, selos, or a myriad of other songs to do that instead. But those take 3seconds, Bracer is instant.

Faerie Blossom
04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
If it sounds like an exploit, looks like an exploit, but is classic, it probably isn't an exploit, right? :(

It's sad that there's kind of min-max mentality about everything. I get the junk buffing. But to do this stuff for pulling seems incredibly necessary. As is the hostility towards people who disagree with it. :/

Why would it seem like an exploit? Buffing a puller with an NPC on them can be either beneficial or detrimental, like a cleric accidentally pulling agro while rebuffing. Seems to me like the devs chose to punish that cleric rather than make life a tiny bit harder for pullers and tanks.

Gadwen
04-17-2013, 08:31 AM

EQ meta is centered around exploits, it's always been that way.

Raavak
04-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Good Lord, just because you didn't know about this in the year 2000 doesn't mean it wasn't used by others or that it isn't classic. I bet you WOULD have used it back then had you known.

Kieu
04-17-2013, 05:00 PM

hint... he said indoors.

Stormhowl
04-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Buffing another player has always transferred aggro, are you trying to argue that its not classic?

Nope, I never said it wasn't classic. I just don't understand the point of doing it when these things can be achieved without abusing the EQ Meta.