PDA

View Full Version : I've been stuck at level 32 for months

DinoTriz
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Help me out please! :D

Granted, I haven't played in awhile but it seems like I've been having trouble finding a decent place to level on my 32 Human Monk.

I've been all over. Everyone tells me that I can camp Highpass until I'm 50. But I've been there killing the goblins in the basement with no probs and everything is light blue pretty much. Maybe they mean kill the guards, but I'm Human and don't want the faction hit.

Right now, I'm trying to squeeze every ounce of exp out of places like Unrest and Mistmoore. I get impatient after not finding a group for a few hours though.

I've been wanting to do the giants in Frontier Mountains, but getting to and from Kunark (plus finding a bind) is a major pain.

I understand that I might be spoiled by modern MMOs and the fact that the server population may not have a high number of level 30s or something, but does anyone have a solution for me? I'm open to solo spots as well.

The whole process prompted me to make a Shaman (level 20 now), who is awesome too.

Wudan
04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I would recommend finding a shammy, bind at kKaesora and do the spider loop. You will get insane exp at your lvl and it is great duo spot for shammy/monk. I did it on my shaman, had a monk with me and i got like 4 lvls in 2 days there. Move to CoM once ur 39+. Plenty of grps there....

rsloans84
04-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Dl u could solo yetis depending on gear... Or even duo yetis

falkun
04-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Sounds spoiled. Traveling and rebinding isn't so bad.

Faerie Blossom
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Are you on red? It's very difficult to level on red as a melee, and the only advice I can give is to keep at it. Look for groups in ooc, add former group members to friends and ask them if they're up for duoing or whatever when they're online. Just try really hard to make things happen, and eventually things will happen.

If you're playing blue I think you're just lazy :/

eqravenprince
04-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Did the faction change with HighKeep guards? Several months ago I leveled my Monk on HighKeep guards and the only faction that it negatively impacted was HighKeep guards. I avoided guards named "A Guard" because they had faction hits against Freeport and maybe Quenos. If the faction hit is still the same, then my advice would be to go to HighKeep and hunt guards.

Only other place I went in my 30's was hunting Gators in Cazic Thule. I almost always had the place to myself and enough spawn to keep me busy non stop. Hardest part was getting a bind in Oggok which is completely optional if you are confident you won't die.

eqravenprince
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I've been wanting to do the giants in Frontier Mountains, but getting to and from Kunark (plus finding a bind) is a major pain.

Yes, finding a bind is a major pain, one of the best changes EQ added later on was the soulbinders.

Swish
04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I think this is the second post of someone saying (albeit indirectly this time) that they can't find a Castle Entrance group in MM.

Sounds like there's no active group recruiters anymore... people just turn up, see that there's no action and move on. Stick around, grab a healer.

/who all cleric 27 35
/who all druid 29 35
/who all shaman 27 35

...get something started. If you do well, people will not only come back, but they'll look to group with you again, put you on their friends list and say "hi" when you're on.

The more social you are during the levelling process the easier it is (except for necros, who aren't required and can do better on their own).

DinoTriz
04-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

And very true, a lot of it is me being lazy and not being social. I've been programmed by modern "multiplayer" games, that I've forgotten how much you depend on other players in EQ.

Which reminds me, I need to find a new guild because mine is dead. Also, I'll be sure to strike up a group instead of waiting for one to come to me.

If I wanted to solo my way through on easy mode, I'd be playing Guild Wars 2! :P

Rezek
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
If I wanted to solo my way through on easy mode, I'd be playing Guild Wars 2! :P

so true...great game but it feels single player! no community at all..

HeallunRumblebelly
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

And very true, a lot of it is me being lazy and not being social. I've been programmed by modern "multiplayer" games, that I've forgotten how much you depend on other players in EQ.

Which reminds me, I need to find a new guild because mine is dead. Also, I'll be sure to strike up a group instead of waiting for one to come to me.

L32? lguk (br), sol a (early gnomes), mistmoore (castle ent), rivervale (halfling guards duo), oggok (guards duo) some of the better spots. OT is good and incredibly easy if bards aren't fucking shit up.

eqravenprince
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
L32? lguk (br), sol a (early gnomes), mistmoore (castle ent), rivervale (halfling guards duo), oggok (guards duo) some of the better spots. OT is good and incredibly easy if bards aren't fucking shit up.

I was unable to hunt gnomes in SolA with any reasonable success. They would start fleeing at less than 20% health and inevitably they would run into other gnomes and I would just FD. Is there a strategy to hunting gnomes? I wouldn't recommend SolA to anyone who doesn't have snare or root.

mrmop520
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I was unable to hunt gnomes in SolA with any reasonable success. They would start fleeing at less than 20% health and inevitably they would run into other gnomes and I would just FD. Is there a strategy to hunting gnomes? I wouldn't recommend SolA to anyone who doesn't have snare or root.

Nothing you can do but strafe run and have a fast primary wep.. hope to get them to 10% and they slow down. You will lose mobs tho and hafta FD. Best plan is to clear a whole area, or pull them further back, giving more room for chase before adds. I didn't do this in SolA, but the raster camp in lguk (mid 40s) is all about making room for chase.

HeallunRumblebelly
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Well I mean if you're baller status, keep a backpack of root nets and recharge them at gypsies outside, lol. But nah it's a great place to duo with a shaman--they don't need ak'anon faction for their epic yeah? They always needed such strange faction. Sol A gnomes are fantastic though--primarily static spawns, a few clerics and a few mages but mostly just melee scrubs. The mining equipment room isn't far into gnomes and has 0 spawns / roamers into the room making it a very easy camp spot. Some of the mobs are fairly MR, though, so you really will want a snarer if you can swing it.

Hardest part of the camp is finding people who don't mind trashing their gnome faction--but I mean seriously, gnomes?

rsloans84
04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
You could check out prenerf twinkies in guild section for guild

Nordenwatch
04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Well I mean if you're baller status, keep a backpack of root nets and recharge them at gypsies outside, lol. But nah it's a great place to duo with a shaman--they don't need ak'anon faction for their epic yeah? They always needed such strange faction. Sol A gnomes are fantastic though--primarily static spawns, a few clerics and a few mages but mostly just melee scrubs. The mining equipment room isn't far into gnomes and has 0 spawns / roamers into the room making it a very easy camp spot. Some of the mobs are fairly MR, though, so you really will want a snarer if you can swing it.

Hardest part of the camp is finding people who don't mind trashing their gnome faction--but I mean seriously, gnomes?

These gnomes are AMAZING exp, but since the new running changes they're a huge pain in the ass. They're very very MR for their level, most conventional CCs can't do much here. The best bet is just to have enough DPS to burn it down after the running, or to do an elemental nuke around 20 to cut it down fast.

Swish
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
My DE wizard on Tholuxe used to camp the gnome guards... maybe I was nuking with fire/frost nukes but I don't remember them being MR heavy.

If you have a go at them, remember you can sell at the Steamfont druid rings :)

Ephirith
04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
They are damned near immune to magic in my experience

Nordenwatch
04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
My DE wizard on Tholuxe used to camp the gnome guards... maybe I was nuking with fire/frost nukes but I don't remember them being MR heavy.

If you have a go at them, remember you can sell at the Steamfont druid rings :)

sol a gnomes, not steamfont guard gnomes.

Stormhowl
04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I think this is the second post of someone saying (albeit indirectly this time) that they can't find a Castle Entrance group in MM.

Sounds like there's no active group recruiters anymore... people just turn up, see that there's no action and move on. Stick around, grab a healer.

/who all cleric 27 35
/who all druid 29 35
/who all shaman 27 35

...get something started. If you do well, people will not only come back, but they'll look to group with you again, put you on their friends list and say "hi" when you're on.

The more social you are during the levelling process the easier it is (except for necros, who aren't required and can do better on their own).

This is kind of the general trend everywhere. No one wants to be the driving force behind starting something (Granted I'm a total hypocrite in this regard, but I'm not good at it either). It's interesting to be in a zone and seeing multiple people within 2-3 levels of each other all shouting LFG but no one making an effort to throw a group together, toss out a camp check, and head off to start killing.

To the OP, if you ever catch Danemoth online (level 29 shaman) hit me with a tell and I'll group with you somewhere. I try to pop on at least once a night and if you desperately need a group, we could make a good duo. I'd love to see the "Shaman/Monk" duo in action first hand.

webrunner5
04-18-2013, 06:42 AM
I think the 30's on any toon are a pain in the ass to level through. So it is not only you. :) God help u at level 35.

Captivate
04-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Help me out please! :D

Granted, I haven't played in awhile but it seems like I've been having trouble finding a decent place to level on my 32 Human Monk.

I've been all over. Everyone tells me that I can camp Highpass until I'm 50. But I've been there killing the goblins in the basement with no probs and everything is light blue pretty much. Maybe they mean kill the guards, but I'm Human and don't want the faction hit.

Right now, I'm trying to squeeze every ounce of exp out of places like Unrest and Mistmoore. I get impatient after not finding a group for a few hours though.

I understand that I might be spoiled by modern MMOs and the fact that the server population may not have a high number of level 30s or something, but does anyone have a solution for me? I'm open to solo spots as well.

The whole process prompted me to make a Shaman (level 20 now), who is awesome too.

literally rolled an iksar necro on red 48 hours ago, hes 28.

I hope this helps.

Swish
04-18-2013, 07:42 AM
literally rolled an iksar necro on red 48 hours ago, hes 28.

Good luck in PvP, enjoy the resists ;)