PDA

View Full Version : Change to Cani and CH

korzek
04-18-2013, 01:14 AM
In order to make clerics and shamans as powerful as the godly druids I believe cannibalize and complete heal should be outside only spells to bring them more in line.

quido
04-18-2013, 01:19 AM
you're going to suffer for this suggestion

citizen1080
04-18-2013, 01:20 AM
/hands korzek kevlar vest and flame retardant suit

Knightt
04-18-2013, 01:20 AM
yea i had to read it a few times to make sure i wasnt seeing shit

fuark
04-18-2013, 01:58 AM
how come shamans have to wait til 34 to peak? how come clerics have to wait til 39?

how come druids peak at 9 with starshine, firefist and treeform?????

how come?

webrunner5
04-18-2013, 06:19 AM
how come shamans have to wait til 34 to peak? how come clerics have to wait til 39?

how come druids peak at 9 with starshine, firefist and treeform?????

how come?

He has a very valid point. Not counting that Druids make shit pots of money Porting.

rsloans84
04-18-2013, 06:38 AM
U jelly?

Itap
04-18-2013, 07:25 AM
This is the advice we should give all new people.

Screw farming lightstones, screw farming bonechips, screw the sisters in lfay.

1. Roll a druid
2. Get to 29
3. ?????????
4. Profit

Swish
04-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Most people see 50+ druids and laugh.

Laugh because they're a glorified PL'er/porter/tracker/server bitch class. Nobody cares for your heals, nobody cares for your nukes...you're the laughing stock of the end game priest discipline.

Just put your wolf form on and try and look like it was all worthwhile, leave the healing to the clerics and the utility to the shammies.

Kieu
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM
In order to make clerics and shamans as powerful as the godly druids I believe cannibalize and complete heal should be outside only spells to bring them more in line.

What? troll post

Smilkers
04-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Laugh because they're a glorified PL'er/porter/tracker/server bitch class. Nobody cares for your heals, nobody cares for your nukes...you're the laughing stock of the end game priest discipline.

Just put your wolf form on and try and look like it was all worthwhile, leave the healing to the clerics and the utility to the shammies.

shammy slow is more powerful than the entire druid class!
we get sooo screwed on our healing power, how are we even considered in the same realm as shammy/cleric? we're like weak wizards with a subpar heal. we don't even get a weak heal over time that we can cast on others... what the fuq? I have no idea what the Kunark devs were thinking in regard to druids.

but I still love the hell outta my class, and Smilks will forever be my main here.
druids may get screwed, but they're a ton of fun, especially with a manastone (when you're not stuck tracking). :D

webrunner5
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Shaman slow is WAY overrated because it takes a shit pot of mana to keep casting it. Between Haste and buffs a Shaman is always oom. There is a reason the devs gave them Canni. Solo well maybe, but in a group no way you can keep up with pull after pull slowing and healing etc.

Done
04-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Shaman slow is WAY overrated because it takes a shit pot of mana to keep casting it. Between Haste and buffs a Shaman is always oom. There is a reason the devs gave them Canni. Solo well maybe, but in a group no way you can keep up with pull after pull slowing and healing etc.

what

Swish
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
PoP era at a stretch and with a mount you could heal and slow but it really was quite brutal for having to constantly canni.

...wouldn't like to see a shaman main healing and having to slow here :/

If you're having trouble with mana, load up the lesser slow and carry on. Just wheel the big one out for lengthy encounters.

LiQuid
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM

:confused:

Lyra
04-18-2013, 02:51 PM

The druids are laughing with you...all the way to the bank.

Done
04-18-2013, 03:03 PM
PoP era at a stretch and with a mount you could heal and slow but it really was quite brutal for having to constantly canni.

...wouldn't like to see a shaman main healing and having to slow here :/

If you're having trouble with mana, load up the lesser slow and carry on. Just wheel the big one out for lengthy encounters.

Most of the time with slow you hardly ever even have to heal. I've been in many groups (post-50) where the only healer is a shaman, who is maintaining slows and buffs. A heal comes once a mob? Maybe?

Swish
04-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Most of the time with slow you hardly ever even have to heal. I've been in many groups (post-50) where the only healer is a shaman, who is maintaining slows and buffs. A heal comes once a mob? Maybe?

Most likely these days if the group's dps is well geared, which by the 40's is often the case :)

It's when adds turn up or when the shit hits the fan that a shammie will struggle with no CC...slowing the mob is going to draw aggro, then its having to ghetto CC with root etc.

A standard group with a decent puller is a recipe for success... I just remember struggling with PoP content in terms of hard hitting mobs and having to main heal without CH, though torpor was a blessing :)

Tecmos Deception
04-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Shaman slow is WAY overrated

/speechless

Auvdar
04-18-2013, 03:41 PM

Hey now us druids get a AC debuff with Vellious! Oh, and group Skin! And some junky heal.

And that little bear pet! Don't forget the bear pet!.... >_<

We are just over glourified PLers/Porters.. But hell, it makes great money :D

edit: At least I think that junky chloroblast heal... That could be Luclin I dunno.

SirAlvarex
04-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Most likely these days if the group's dps is well geared, which by the 40's is often the case :)

It's when adds turn up or when the shit hits the fan that a shammie will struggle with no CC...slowing the mob is going to draw aggro, then its having to ghetto CC with root etc.

A standard group with a decent puller is a recipe for success... I just remember struggling with PoP content in terms of hard hitting mobs and having to main heal without CH, though torpor was a blessing :)

I would say any class that had to slow, heal, and CC would have trouble being OOM...I mean that's basically everything needed to trivialize an encounter.

Unless you're a Bard, then it's just you doing what you do.

Droog007
04-18-2013, 04:38 PM
If you're running OOM casting slow, chances are you're casting it on mobs that are dying too fast to need it,

contemptor
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey now us druids get a AC debuff with Vellious! Oh, and group Skin! And some junky heal.

And that little bear pet! Don't forget the bear pet!.... >_<

We are just over glourified PLers/Porters.. But hell, it makes great money :D

edit: At least I think that junky chloroblast heal... That could be Luclin I dunno.
I think we immediately get Nature's touch in Velious for just under 1k... better than nothing.

Splorf22
04-18-2013, 07:32 PM

Web is a nice guy but he is wrong here. . . turgurs is in the running for one of the single best spells in the game. Arguably if you had a class that could cast that 1 spell and do nothing else . . . well they wouldn't suck.

citizen1080
04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Web is a nice guy but he is wrong here. . . turgurs is in the running for one of the single best spells in the game. Arguably if you had a class that could cast that 1 spell and do nothing else . . . well they wouldn't suck.

This

Splorf22
04-18-2013, 08:43 PM
You know I was going to make a list of the best spells in the game, but then I realized they were all enchanter/shaman spells :D Clerics get CH, Necros get FD, Mages get the epic pet, Wizards get Lures, Druids get nothing, and literally all the other good spells are enchanter or shaman.

Kieu
04-18-2013, 08:46 PM

You realize there is a point to their haste being lower than a enchanters, and an enchanters slow being lower than a shamans? mk

Also, shamans do not heal in group at high levels, a cleric is a must.

Calabee
04-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Also, shamans do not heal in group at high levels, a cleric is a must.

...?????? happens all the time.

Maybe not on high lvl RAIDS. (eeeh, actually torpor shaman is ALWAYS in main tank grp) but xp / farm grps? uh, yes.
Hell. i've tanked sebilis as a bard with necro heals

Not sure where ur coming from

Done
04-19-2013, 01:55 AM
People neglect to realize how much slow trivializes encounters, apparently.

SirAlvarex
04-19-2013, 02:09 AM
...?????? happens all the time.

Maybe not on high lvl RAIDS. (eeeh, actually torpor shaman is ALWAYS in main tank grp) but xp / farm grps? uh, yes.
Hell. i've tanked sebilis as a bard with necro heals

Not sure where ur coming from

With Necro heals? That's rough. I could see Shaman with Torpor. I've done groups where I was the defacto tank and that was the primary heal.

People neglect to realize how much slow trivializes encounters, apparently.

Seriously. 75% slow is so overpowered. Combine that with a chain-stunning class (Bard Mez for example) and mobs do absolutely no damage. Except for those magic immune ones, of course.

citizen1080
04-19-2013, 02:22 AM
People underestimate necro heals...you can spam them non stop with bond up etc. Add in a manastone and its stupid.

webrunner5
04-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Well let me state my case a little different since I am getting beat up on here. :o I meant IF you are the only healer without CII in a fast paced group as a Shaman no way you are going to be able to Slow, Haste, Heal, buff non stop. Haste and Slow are total mana hogs. I didn't mean slow is useless, solo it is golden, but it is not substainable on every mob that comes. No way you can cast Slow till the mob is under 80%. And by then you are probably healing the puller that got beat on and the Tank by then. And maybe the puller is THE tank also witch even makes heals more exciting.

A good puller in a good group is running to get the next mob when the one he just pulled is at say 20%. So it is a constant thing going.

My three highest toons are a Cleric, Druid and Shaman. I KNOW about healing. I have been playing EQ nonstop since 2000. I have a Fungi on my Shaman, but you just cannot keep up Slows pull after pull, and do all the other things needed. You maybe the only person there with root. In a sense a Shaman has too may things it can do. They are a ton of work compared to say a Cleric. You pretty much just keep up with heals and buff every hour.

In a perfect group with a Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, Warrior, Rogue, Monk well guess what you could Haste everyone and Slow probably every mob.

Pyrion
04-19-2013, 04:57 AM
In that perfect group the cleric will heal, the chanter will haste and will prolly even have enough mana to slow tougher mobs as well. That perfect group will not even need a shaman, better get another DPS class instead.

Spitty
04-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Well let me state my case a little different since I am getting beat up on here. :o I meant IF you are the only healer without CII in a fast paced group as a Shaman no way you are going to be able to Slow, Haste, Heal, buff non stop. Haste and Slow are total mana hogs. I didn't mean slow is useless, solo it is golden, but it is not substainable on every mob that comes. No way you can cast Slow till the mob is under 80%. And by then you are probably healing the puller that got beat on and the Tank by then. And maybe the puller is THE tank also witch even makes heals more exciting.

I've routinely grouped at chef/disco with no cleric, chanter or secondary healer and kept buffs (including regen/haste) current on 3+ melee classes whilst healing, slowing and CC'ing. It helps to have a fungi shirt/staff, but not necessary. Chain pulls, obligatory JBB spam included.

It's not hard, but it requires the player to be constantly attentive and maximizing the use of Cannibalize at every opportunity.

Really, if your 60 shaman is complaining about mana and is doing a lot of sitting or isn't hitting that Canni hotkey between JBB blasts - well, you've grouped up with failure.

webrunner5
04-19-2013, 10:59 PM
In that perfect group the cleric will heal, the chanter will haste and will prolly even have enough mana to slow tougher mobs as well. That perfect group will not even need a shaman, better get another DPS class instead.

Enchanter pet is DPS. And Shaman dog is really not as bad as people make it out to be. I mean some people would think six Magicians would be the BEST group.

As of late I have just stopped playing my Shaman and Enchanter. They are just total balls to the wall to play in groups. You haven't got time to scratch your ass on them. My Cleric is WAY easier.

Done
04-20-2013, 01:13 AM
I read some of these replies and I feel like people are taking crazy pills.

Clark
04-20-2013, 01:38 AM

what?

Clark
04-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Enchanter pet is DPS. And Shaman dog is really not as bad as people make it out to be. I mean some people would think six Magicians would be the BEST group.

As of late I have just stopped playing my Shaman and Enchanter. They are just total balls to the wall to play in groups. You haven't got time to scratch your ass on them. My Cleric is WAY easier.

balls to the wall???

Tasslehofp99
04-20-2013, 01:54 AM
As someone who played a druid main on live and on p99, I gotta say you all really don't know much about eq if you think druids are useless. In kunark, situationally of course, druids have more to offer than most classes. They can heal, pull, buff, track, snare (essential now) , our root is elite at 56( I've had many groups shocked with my ability to CC 10+ mobs with entrapping/engorging roots), we can charm for dps, and depending on group composition we can offer substantial dps through dots and aoe rain nukes. I've been able to parse 30 to 50 dps as a 55+ druid while keeping the tank thorned and group regened, as well as kept up resists and provided help healing non tanks to make clerics job easier.

Got en ench in ur group? Druids and enchanters can combine to make charm dps safe and consistent using snare on charm pets, which allows enchanters to perhaps save a spell slot for something more useful than a 2nd ae stun or whatever.

Again, its all situational of course...but to say druids are useless is simply ignorant.

For those of you in raiding guilds or who wish to raid, good luck doing so without druids to help mobilize and track/pull dragons.

Btw porting for plat sucks as people generally don't tip well if at all. Yeah that 20 to 50 pp for 5 minutes of your time is nice but at the end of the day people pay more for c2 or rezzes. If druids stopped porting people you would all quickly change your tune about how useless they are, especiall after a few boat rides through OOT or TD.

It is unfortunate however that in general there is a sort of prejudice against druids, because of it many of us are forced to solo to 60 and change classes if we wish to enjoy grouping. Furthermore druids are almost NEVER considered for group invites to big money camps like efreeti, king, crypt which is also shitty for folks who wish to get high end items or plat to gear themselves. I think one or two groups with a high skilled druid would likely change some peoples minds about druids as a class, atleast it has in my case.

chief
04-20-2013, 02:51 AM
monks dont even get kunark armour so fuck off