PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in maxing languages with me?

zanderklocke
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I always like to do the full immersion of EverQuest on, which to me means maxing out languages. I always thought this was a neat feature that is somewhat under utilized, but it's fun for roleplaying purposes.

Is anyone interested in trading/maxing out languages with me?

It doesn't take very long to max out another player if you are spamming the language you have over in group chat...maybe 10-15 minutes . Skill ups can only happen if someone speaks the language to you. You will be notified that you your language skills improved, but you will not see the actual stat change until you go to a different zone.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message or reply here.

You can click on my Magelo to see which languages I already have maxed. It would be nice to trade or help each other, so it's a mutually beneficial experience!

I'm hoping this is something other people are interested in, so I don't have to pay people to max me up in languages heh.

Tecmos Deception
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm up for all of them!

Gadwen
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm in!

Swish
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
If anyone has training points left, they could burn 100 on a language for everyone ;)

...if 6-7 people do that, there will be some max languages available for everyone that are rare as shit to have :)

zanderklocke
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Tecmos and I had our first language session last night. I've gotten him about 2/3 through all starting race languages, except for halfling and erudian, and together we got all the obscure ones into the range of 9-12. More people would make this go faster, and what Swish said would make this go extremely fast.

Gaffin Deeppockets
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
I have them all maxed but will help out if you need. /tell Gaffin.

Chloroform
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
My tune blazinelz is a master in language. dragon elderdragon fairy and so on. its fun

Tiggles
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
I can help with halfling

Alarti0001
04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Im in!

Alovia
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy sleeping dog!

triad
04-25-2013, 12:08 PM
im in send mckenna a /tell

zanderklocke
04-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Here's my language levels for anyone wanting to do this with me:

Barbarian 100
Combine Tongue 11
Common Tongue 100 (duh)
Dark Elvish 100
Dark Speech 100
Dragon 12
Dwarvish 100
Elder Dragon 9
Elder Elvish 100
Elder Teir'Dal 10
Elvish 100
Erudian 10
Faerie 11
Froglok 9
Gnoll 41
Gnomish 100
Goblin 10
Halfling 11
Lizardman 100
Ogre 100
Old Erudian 12
Orcish 12
Thieves Cant 100
Troll 100

Jenithia
04-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in. At least now we can make separate windows and filter whatever channel we use.

zanderklocke
04-26-2013, 04:34 AM
Status update: Thanks to Sinadin from Europa, the only language I do not have maxed now is Elder Dragon.

gwideon
04-26-2013, 06:25 PM
I am also interested in maxing out languages

Swish
04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Did you ever get Elder Dragon Zander? If not I'll dump some points in it :p

zanderklocke
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
I haven't got elder dragon yet, and I'm still very willing to help anyone who sends me a tell in game when they see me online.

Swish
04-27-2013, 09:38 AM
When are you next on? :)

zanderklocke
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
I can be on tomorrow (Sunday night) CST.

OpakeDraGon
06-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Is anyone still interested in doing this because I have Common Tongue(obviously), Dark Elvish, Dwarvish, Elvish, Erudian, Gnomish, Halfling, Lizardman, Ogre, Thieves Cant, and Troll? I just need the uncommon languages, and I am more than willing to teach any number of languages just to learn even one. I find that it only takes about 5 minutes if both parties know how to make the macros. I am on most nights after 8 pm. PM me here and we can get together!

I also really like the fact that all you really need is for one person to have the barest inkling of the language (Skill level 1) to master it with a friend, since you can always teach up to +1 above your Skill level. I really want to try this so even if you don't have a language mastered I would love to find out how long it takes to discover a language.

zanderklocke
06-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I have all languages maxed now, so I can help you out.

OpakeDraGon
06-23-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm on now if you see this (6/23/13 9:15 pm EST non PvP)

Fenern 10 monk

OpakeDraGon
06-24-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm on now if you see this (6/24/13 9:15 pm EST non PvP)

Fenern - 11 Monk

Dalron
06-26-2013, 08:05 AM
I remember the travelling Language Faires back in the earliest days of Luclin and even ran some of them after getting them all maxed. There was a lot of roleplaying back then and lots of people would speak in their own language instead of common when with others of their race, and I would always switch to their language when buying/selling in the tunnel for the fun surprise value. I'd be up for learning/teaching all of them.

Dalron - Healer of the 24th Circle of Light

OpakeDraGon
06-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I think I witnessed one of these traveling Language faires in the PoK on EQLive. I think we should hold one of them one night/week. What do you guys think?

Dalron
06-27-2013, 07:40 AM
I would be in for that. Would bring back some of the old feel that Live had back in the day! Being human I don't know any yet, but I did toss a point in every one listed so I can at least start. Someone want to learn a rare one with me so we have something to trade? Feel free to message in game if you see me on, currently I'm in the Freeport area.

Dalron - Healer of the 24th Circle of Light

Splorf22
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
I sp33k 3l337

OpakeDraGon
06-27-2013, 06:42 PM
My character Fenern is a Human Monk that started his adventure in Qeynos as a member of the Silent Fist Clan. Having explored most of the areas surrounding the Hills of Qeynos, he tried to navigate his way through the Plains of Karana. After finding the Gnolls of the eastern Pass through HighHold a powerful barrier, Fenern met a kindly Wood Elven Druid back in the Northern Plains, whom introduced him to the convenience of Porting.

Magically he appeared nearly on the other side of Antonica within a circle of large stones in what he discovered was the Commonlands further West of Freeport. Quickly running with him through the Commonlands to Western Freeport, the Elven Druided kindly bound his soul to the area near the gates. Upon locating the Order of Ashen Monks, Fenern eventually found himself at the Freeport Docks in order to catch a boat to the distant lands of the Faydwer.

After a grueling boat ride he made his way to the Wood Elf city of Kelethin high in the trees of the Greater Faydark. As he explored some of the Steamfont Mountain ranges to the South, he met a kind gnome whom taught him the language of the Gnomish peoples. Soon after, Fenern decided to try to help route out the evil clan of Crushbone Orcs to the North.

After a few skirmishes with the orcs of Crushbone, Fenern retreated to the city of Kelethin where he met two generous folk of differing races. A hulking Barbarian from Northern Antonica and a slight, local Wood Elf. The three taught each other the Languages of their homeland, Fenern teaching his mastery of Gnomish.

Happily they parted ways and swiftly Fenern sought out more cultural knowledge in the form of a willing Elf of High birth and from another Antonican, this time of the Halfling village of Rivervale. Again they each learned and taught a language and parted ways peacefully.

This time suffused with a greater knowledge of cultures than he had ever before dreamed, Feneren decided to return to Freeport and continue to the famous economic, and he hoped cultural, hub at the Tunnel south of the Eastern Commonlands. On his way he met an Iksar hunting Orcs of the Deathfist Clan with hopes of earning the trust of the Guards of Freeport.

This Iksar was a wayward monk himself and was kind to the idea that perhaps one day Feneren might be able to gain passage himself into the secret place of Cabilis and agreed to teach Fenern his Lizard speech. With the surprising encounter with his peoples sworn enemy, Fenern continued to the Tunnel to seek out more Languages no matter the source.

Learning from a Troll, dark elf, and Ogre, Fenern taught more than he learned and was happy for the experience of it. Finding a Erudian at this place from the island off the shores of Antonica, willing, was more difficult and finding a willing Dwarf from the Mountains of the Faydwer's Butherblock region was harder still.

Still he yearns for more languages despite his now vast and impressive linguistic skills. Having learned all of the Common races' tongues (including to Speech of the Dark, a Dark Elven Hand Language, Combine Tongue, and the Cant of Thieves) Fenern still seeks any that are willing to teach and to learn the same.

TR;DR Fenern knows the following languages: Barbarian, Combine Tongue, Common Tongue, Dark Elvish, Dark Speech, Dwarvish, Elvish, Erudian, Gnomish, Halfling, Lizardman, Ogre, Thieves Cant, and Troll