PDA

View Full Version : P99 compatible buff tracker/log parser

enr4ged
04-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Hello Project 1999 players.

I have been working on a log parser which, in its current state does some basic log parsing to display information on DPS and fight information and also has a buff tracker which can track your buffs with several options and is self-customizable to your buffs. I initially created this project as I leveled up and could no longer keep track of what buffs I cast and when they were expiring. (I'm a shaman =D )

My project is currently in an alpha testing/design state as I add more features and expand the scope of the project. In the future I plan to have several more features including loot tracking, mob/player statistics and information tracking, timers, as well as even more improvements and additions to the buff tracking and combat log parser.

I am currently looking for a few more testers who can test, supply feedback and suggest features or changes that will help improve the program. Those that especially hate not knowing or failing to remember if/when they cast a buff on someone or those who would like to see some simple combat information like DPS and damage done would benefit greatly from the current state. Or if you just want to help improve the project you are welcome to help as well.

Please provide some information on how often you would use the app as well as your class and any questions you have. I will do my best to answer them and if you feel you are up for helping me test I can direct you to the projects webpage.

Thanks for your help!

Vega
04-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Sorry bud, you shoulda asked somebody about this before starting dev. I'm pretty sure all the things you described are already done by GamParse and GamTextTriggers.

enr4ged
04-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Sorry bud, you shoulda asked somebody about this before starting dev. I'm pretty sure all the things you described are already done by GamParse and GamTextTriggers.

I know there are options out there and I tried them but none of them fit the needs of what I wanted to do. I was using this as an opportunity to relearn c# and get some experience in using .net. I also have some really ambitious features planned that will surpass any option out there.

Gams programs are clunky when it comes to adding buffs and the customization is hard and time consuming. Not to mention I don't believe they are supported anymore as there are bugs that are pretty much making the buff tracking portion of the program unusable and there are no replies or information on how to fix it on the forums.

enr4ged
04-30-2013, 03:33 AM
Bump for more testers, please.

Kagatob
04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Not classic. External 3rd party software will result in a ban.

Ele
04-30-2013, 09:35 AM

Parsers are classic and legal for use on this server.

Programs that parse the log file are fine, as long as they do not do any type of automatic control/response/manipulation/macro on your character in place of manual control.

t0lkien
07-05-2013, 08:15 PM
GamParse doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: NM, it resolved.

Rhambuk
07-05-2013, 08:20 PM

Parsers are 100% legal on p99, they simply record you /log data and filter it. it doesnt give you any sort of advantage over anyone eles.

Rhambuk
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
GamParse doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else having issues?

I had a hard time getting gameparser to work as well, im not sure exactly what it took but i did get it to work. I think the issue was finding the folder for it to search through, my pc is loaded with junk though and its almost impossible for me to even find my p99 screenshots.

Treefall
07-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a great program.

I would love a parser that resets each fight to show me the percentage of damage done to a mob between my pet and me, so I know if I have to nuke or not for full xp. :)

webrunner5
07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a great program.

I would love a parser that resets each fight to show me the percentage of damage done to a mob between my pet and me, so I know if I have to nuke or not for full xp. :)

If you are playing a Mage you can pretty much figure the pet is going to out damage you. Unless you want to med for 7 minutes every fight. They kill so fast I just don't worry about the XP loss anymore. Now a Necro pet your dots should almost always out damge them. Unless you fear a lot and sit to med like you need to at low levels.

No doubt the pet nerf sucks, but there sure as heck are not going to go back to the old system. I must admit a Mage was over the top before the nerf.

Rezonation
07-08-2013, 08:51 AM
The simple solution to the xp nerf is to find another mage/necro and duo. Pets won't steal xp this way.