PDA

View Full Version : New player

Inconceivable
06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey, anyone know when approximately kunark will be released? I want to make a monk and necro but wanted to make them iksar. Was just curious what another good class would be to level up so that I can get some money to twink out the monk with hopefully fungi tunic for leveling him up, as well as fungi staff for the necro.

Or if it would be better to just level up a necro now to farm cash for the monk?

Thanks

Cogwell
06-27-2010, 10:38 PM
I keep hearing september, but Developers have posted that would be extremely optimistic - so likely some months. If you want to play a monk or necro, I'd suggest you do just that, and maybe roll the other class ask iskar once Kunark comes out.

Inconceivable
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM
which of the two classes benefit most from being an iksar overall? Or is Iksar the best overall race for both, and is there another class I could roll to make gold to gear up the two characters later?

Dersk
06-28-2010, 12:12 AM
which of the two classes benefit most from being an iksar overall?

This is purely opinion, but I think the necro gains more from the regen than the monk gains from the regen and AC.

However, fear kiting in kurn's tower as a necro is a new character experience that just cannot be replicated anywhere else. I think the abundance of undead in kunark makes leveling a necro there more appealing, also, but even given the opportunity my necro spent a lot of time on antonica and faydwer.

nicemace
06-28-2010, 01:05 AM
humans make better monks for the sole reason of the visible fly kick... nothing tops that.

iksar has benefit to both classes. regen for necro is good cause of lich, regen is also good for a monk (though i would say less important).. ac bonus is good for monk too.

tbh it really dosent make that much of a diff. you could have a lvl 50 monk and necro by the time kunark comes out if you really wanted.

ive been playing i think 2 months now, i have a stacked 50 enchanter and a ultra twink ranger as well as a ultra twink monk.

just make whatever and then make whatever when kunark comes out. people try to over plan this shit.

ukaking
06-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Or you could be like people who can't play all day and level a few levels a week. Pick any class you wanna play around with for now, then make the two iksar you want to make. Iksar as a race is very limited on choices so make something an iksar cant be for now and enjoy it as you pass the time for Kunark to come out. Then you can play the superior race once again!