PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter + Shaman Duo

miraculous
04-29-2013, 11:43 PM
A friend and I are looking to duo leveling up. I am an enchanter and he is playing a shaman. I imagine we will be doing a lot of Charming and rooting and so forth.

We are currently lvl 18 and looking for some good duo tips for this combination.

Anyone had any experience with this or have some suggestions that would be good xp with little down time?

Thanks in advance!

Swish
04-30-2013, 11:15 AM
The enchanter should definitely charm a pet if he isn't already (recommend 160 cha or more). Keep any mobs you pull rooted. Watch dps go crazy ;)

Add shaman pet at 34.

No XP penalty as you're grouped. Flirt with the idea of hasting the pet even, if the shaman is attentive you should never die :p

Splorf22
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
He will charm mob a against mob b which you will keep rooted. When mob a is low, you'll invis him and then nuke it down. Repeat until L50+.

Shaman/Enchanter is a powerhouse against very high-level mobs because of the dual MR debuffs and slows. When stuff hits for 250+ slow becomes extremely critical. But for leveling up it's good but not fantastic. In fact I would guess Druid/Enchanter would beat Shaman/Enchanter to 60 simply because there are so many zones where both can charm.

Swish
04-30-2013, 04:26 PM
He will charm mob a against mob b which you will keep rooted. When mob a is low, you'll invis him and then nuke it down. Repeat until L50+.

Depending on location its sometimes better to keep the pet healed/hasted and just tear stuff to shreds...experiment with both.

Malone88
04-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Shaman + Enchanter = Gravy XP.

1) Enchanter charms pet and hastes it.
2) Root and slow target.
3) Either pet tanks mob and shaman heals pet OR shaman
tanks mob and pet attacks (don't need root). Second option works
well if enchanter pet is a rogue :)
4) As pointed out, having a partner removes pet XP penalty.
5) Shaman heals Enchanter when charm breaks and hasted pet
beats down Enchanter...

With a healer, I'd just keep the same pet and use it over and over.
Makes things much easier that way and you don't waste mana
hasting each new pet.

Selenia

Splorf22
04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
They are L20. L20 mobs will DW maybe 40% of the time with 40% enchanter haste. So they will actually kill faster by . . . discarding . . . old pets when they are low hp than hasting and permacharming. Not to mention that charm breaks will be much less painful.

Around L50 or so the hasted pet probably does more damage, but the massively more obnoxious charm breaks probably aren't worth it. Instead I would swarm: root 4-5 mobs on top of each other and charm one. It will die very fast, and in addition the shaman can epic dot everything.

Malone88
04-30-2013, 07:41 PM
They are L20. L20 mobs will DW maybe 40% of the time with 40% enchanter haste. So they will actually kill faster by . . . discarding . . . old pets when they are low hp than hasting and permacharming. Not to mention that charm breaks will be much less painful.
I humbly disagree. Grab an initiate familiar (rogue) in Mistmoore, for example, haste it, and you will be destroying mobs...especially once you get Augmentation at 29 to keep haste on it. Discarding mobs means wasting mana on charm and haste each fight. One charmed pet can last several fights without re-charming or re-hasting. And you also have to grab two more mobs each fight, instead of one.

Thats my preference, anyway. Seems much less stressful not having to worry about re-charming
all the time....

Ayu
05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
A friend and I are looking to duo leveling up. I am an enchanter and he is playing a shaman.

Friend and I are just starting here on P99 and are considering this same duo, would this be better than monk/shaman or rogue/shaman given that we have no gear and play at odd hours?

Tecmos Deception
05-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I humbly disagree. Grab an initiate familiar (rogue) in Mistmoore, for example, haste it, and you will be destroying mobs...especially once you get Augmentation at 29 to keep haste on it. Discarding mobs means wasting mana on charm and haste each fight. One charmed pet can last several fights without re-charming or re-hasting. And you also have to grab two more mobs each fight, instead of one.

Thats my preference, anyway. Seems much less stressful not having to worry about re-charming
all the time....

One mob will last several fights without recharming if you let the shaman take some of the hits or are slowing or healing at all, too, and then when it DOES get low you can break charm and finish it off for easy xp. Hasting pets while leveling is a bad idea imo until you are to the point where you keep that pet permanently (probably because you are grouped so pet never gets hurt or because you're duod with a cleric who can heal it effectively).

Friend and I are just starting here on P99 and are considering this same duo, would this be better than monk/shaman or rogue/shaman given that we have no gear and play at odd hours?

I think ench/sham will be in a little better shape for a fresh duo than a shaman+melee would be. Even without charisma gear, a chanters charms are far from bad (especially if you're throwing tash AND malo on the thing once you guys are 20+), and in general untwinked melee just have a rough time compared to untwinked casters. PLUS charisma gear is super cheap! 2 opalline earrings; jewelcrafted neck, wrists, rings; a crude stein... that's +65 charisma and it only costs a few hundred PP. Good luck finding an equivalent boost in effectiveness for that much PP for any other class in the game.

The trick with both enchanters and shamans are they continue getting stronger and stronger with every new level of spells. You might feel like you're struggling for the first 15 or 20 levels, but most every class is like that on p99. However, shaman and enchanter are basically the only two classes that continue to get more and more powerful all the way up to level 60, so you have a lot to look forward to as you gain xp and unlock new spells.