PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Soloing 56+

Estu
05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
So, I know that AE groups are the best option for wizard EXP in the 50s (or at any level). However, if I can only get online for a little while or I might have to leave suddenly, I was wondering what a good place to solo a level 56 wizard would be. I've read that the only viable place for quad-kiting at high levels is raptors in TD, though for that place I worry about 1) large aggro ranges, 2) monsters starting to turn light blue, and 3) high demand for the monsters. As an alternative I'd be OK just doing single-target snare-nuking or root-nuking, but I'm not sure what good options are. I'm not sure if I can enter dungeons and take down two monsters at a time (last time I tried this, it went poorly), so maybe I should just stick to outdoor zones, but I don't know what good areas for this are. Thoughts?

Raavak
05-01-2013, 09:57 AM
You can quad in BW yet, but its starting to get thin. The higher end bees, undead, and gorillas. Beware wurms and Gullerback(s). Its just a pita with all the trees and mobs everywhere. Really have to watch where you are going.

You might be able to root-nuke some stuff in KC, like moat mobs. I would think Seb is out because of all the runners. HS entrance ~may~ be something to consider.

Swish
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
What are the sarnaks like to do, outside Chardok in BW? Not sure when they turn light blue but there's certainly space outside the fort for some kiting.

Also in BW, some single pull giants might suit you for a level or two if you don't mind some XP reduction. Skyshrine if you can be picky with the mobs?

Just throwing some ideas around.

Neryn
05-01-2013, 10:36 AM
It takes some practice but you can quad ldcs in Sol B. If you don't achieve it or find it too risky, you can always root nuke them.

Splorf22
05-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Neryn with those uber gnome wizard skills!

I remember a wizard friend of mine used to quad in KC too.