PDA

View Full Version : Bard Song Twisting vs Enchanter Play

miraculous
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I have been debating whether I want to level up a bard and the only thing holding me back it seems is the nightmares I hear about people getting carp tunnel on their wrists and their hands hurting and so forth.

They seem to be awesome in groups and solo for swarm kiting, but I am curious to know how annoying the constant clicking gets?

Are there ways to make this easier on your hands? Are they really worth all of the extra effort to play as opposed to other classes?

I have been debating back and forth on an Enchanter or a Bard. I like the idea of CC, but I also like the idea of pulling, running fast and mana regen and so forth.

I have heard that for grouping/soloing in dungeons Enchanters take the cake as they are one of the best solo classes, but they aren't as handy in raids as they are buff bots.

Bards I have heard are pretty good for groups and decent at solo outside, but not as good in dungeons. But I have heard they are superb on raids in comparison to Enchanters as they are more involved and not just buffing.

Are these claims pretty accurate? I am interested in both solo and raid play, I don't play a ton, but I really like to control the pace of a group and help them succeed better by providing great CC and a constant pace.

Any Advice or suggestions on which class to play?

Kekephee
05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
They're both pretty active classes. Enchanters aren't exactly an afk-friendly class. But bards are hands-down the most demanding class I've ever played in this game. If you're not constantly clicking your songs, you're missing something. I love my bard and I'm glad I chose it for this server, but it's exhausting. Lately I've been playing my necro simply because I can cast three spells, click my pet onto something, and chill for a bit. Bards are fun, but you have to work for it.

And yeah, bard soloing outside is a lot easier than in dungeons cause you can just fear kite. In dungeons it's a lot of charming mobs onto each other and it gets pretty hairy pretty easily.

cs616
05-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Yes, being a good bard is going to mean constant clicking and depending on how long you play, this could definitely mean sore hands/wrists. You seem to have everything pretty spot on, so it really comes down to whether or not that is something you're willing to put up with. Personally I find my bard to be the most interesting class I've ever played in EQ, and couldn't be happier with my decision to play one. The other thing that sucks is that as a bard a lot of people might think you're antisocial in groups when really you're just too busy to partake in the group conversation. If you're a chatty person who is going to get bored in groups if you're not shooting the shit with other group members, a bard might not be the class for you.

If you do decide to go with a bard please don't be that bard that kites to the mid-50s and then subjects groups to their clueless, subpar playing abilities. There are enough of those on the server already. Also, don't be lazy. A bard that plays one song and just auto attacks is about as useful as a rogue who doesn't backstab.

Let us know what you decide. Like I said, I really couldn't be happier with my bard, but it definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Lute
05-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Nostromo N52 speedpad. I find this very helpful. The older models with a D-Pad in the place of the thumbstick would be better, but it's still alot better than the keyboard. Songs on the thumbstick and thumb button.

Might have to open the image in another tab

http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/59/razer-nostromo.png

SirAlvarex
05-06-2013, 09:54 AM
It's not that hard, and I never got sore wrists/hands from playing my bard.

A1551
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Enchanters arent just buffbots on raids, the class is way too dynamic to be painted into a corner like that. Depends the raid obviously but chanters are often one of your top dps classes, and will always be your best cc class.

That said bards are awesome too. The constant twisting does suck but it aint that bad. Chanter is plenty of a pain in the butt too always holding a charmed pet. Server needs more bards imo i wouldnt pick chanter bc the twisting scares you, but youll likely be happy either way.

SirAlvarex
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
if you aren't good enough to have 2 targets locked down in mezz while charming a third and twisting haste/mana song at the same time while still meleeing and snaring runners then you have failed as a bard

Yup, about sums it up.