PDA

View Full Version : Trading Accounts Not worth it, lost my existence on P1999

chantersale
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Default (Ephi) Account Was Banned
my account was banned today apparently...

I bought this account from a guy named hungfuu / hungfoo and had a lot of valuable items on it CoF + Fungi.

I only did 1 level on the account the character Torkk from 33 - 34.

Can I get an explanation why the account was banned?

For the week I owned it I kept getting the error: you currently have an active character online, sometimes even when I hadn't even been online that day which I thought was odd...

Well I'd just like an explanation as to what happened. I'm a pretty inactive player I sold my epic shaman to make a warrior with good gear to play irregularly. If I truly am banned I guess I have a good excuse to quit playing lol...

My login account and EMU account is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, playername is torkk

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
#2 Report Post
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just talked to the guy hungfuu, apparently he said the guy who sold it to him a week or two before he sold it to me he has done business with before and no issues.

He also said he will try and help me out if you guys don't fix the issue. So he seems like a nice enough guy but who can I really trust?

It would be nice if I can get the items off the account as I'm sure you can look back and check the IP logs or the email change as I've only had the account for a week and see what the behavior the got the account banned was for.

Thank you for your time.

#3 Report Post
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

update the guy he bought it from goes by buyzandsellz

#4 Report Post
Old Today, 07:49 AM
Server GM

Your account is banned for RMT. You purchased:

[1620] Runebranded Girdle (1)
[5610] Oggok Cleaver (1)

From platlord on 3-2-2013.

#5 Report Post
Old Today, 10:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well March is far before I owned the account. I'm not sure if you can check the change of ownership via the IP logs or me changing the email.

What's the point of having account sales if they can cause me to lose all my hard earned stuff. I traded my epic shaman for a CoF + the 33 Warrior. I also moved my fungi over onto the warrior. Now I lose all my stuff and the character because some guy that owned the character 2 times before me got banned?

It wasn't even the guy I bought it from that was sketch it was the guy before him. And I'm punished?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like I lost all my hard earned stuff even though the character was banned. Would make sense to give me my items I had and moved onto the illegal character, we will see what the GMs say. Just a warning to all of you, because trading for a low level warrior (33) ended up costing me everything I've earned on P1999 and hard hours of work. If this is the case I'll be quitting for good maybe it's for the better. (GF not so secretly cheering)

citizen1080
05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
=(

Stinkum
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
That sucks, but it's the risk you take buying accounts.

They really need to make it so you can't change EMU/LS passwords already, because account trading is a big shit-house on this server.

Stinkum
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
And I'm glad as hell they're cracking down on RMTing scum. GO EPHI!

chantersale
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Well unfortunately the RMTing scum is now running around happy and laughing because his account that got caught was in my hands and also ending up getting a CoF, Fungi and loaded warrior gear banned.

In the end causing a positive community player like me to quit.

Gadwen
05-02-2013, 01:47 PM
It wouldn't be a surprise if platlord and the like did this all the time. Use account to RMT, sell account, now its on someone else. I bet you aren't alone on this one.

Account sales are definitely not a massive conduit for RMT though, don't worry about that.

Stinkum
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
I think every last account RMTer has ever touched should get banned, no questions asked.

Not that I don't sympathize, but Nil-dawg has said many times that account buying/selling is "at your own risk." I just wish they'd ban account selling/buying altogether..

Lyra
05-02-2013, 01:55 PM

I am sorry this happened to you. You are a casualty of war. I doubt it will make you feel any better, but this action (and even your post) will be a deterrent to the RMT pu$$y... I mean purchaser.

Did you really just start playing in March? Or did you not register for the boards until then?

Tecmos Deception
05-02-2013, 01:57 PM

A positive community player who didn't heed the stickies that warn that buying accounts is risky business, apparently.

:cool:

Emphase
05-02-2013, 02:04 PM
there's no chance on getting the items off the account, GM's already said take caution in account trades and there's nothing they can do

Lubian
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I must be the only person who looked at their post history.

falkun
05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Example: made. Account sales are frowned upon on this server, and this is why. You pour your soul into a sale then its rightfully banned for RMT but the poor bastard that gets screwed is the person who is innocent. I doubt you'll get your warrior or gear back, but if you provide details of your sale it might aid in the investigation of who actually RMTed on the account.

Bohab
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM

[1337] Bone Bladed Claymore (1)

Lyra
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I must be the only person who looked at their post history.

Nope, first thing I did.

gotrocks
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
So...

correct me if i'm wrong, OP...

first you had a 55 enchanter around march, which you then traded for plat (~240K?), which you then used to purchase the shaman that you traded for the warrior...?

TWDL_Prexus
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I hope there's a GM event soon where I can win this CoF.

In all seriousness, sorry for your loss.

chantersale
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
So...

correct me if i'm wrong, OP...

first you had a 55 enchanter around march, which you then traded for plat (~240K?), which you then used to purchase the shaman that you traded for the warrior...?

Correct, I've bought and sold many accounts. And that's why i'm warning everyone. If you do it enough, you will be banned. I first started by selling my Druid. Then kinda got addicted to switching characters.

Swish
05-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Old Today, 07:49 AM
Server GM

[1620] Runebranded Girdle (1)
[5610] Oggok Cleaver (1)

From platlord on 3-2-2013.

Looks like I lost all my hard earned stuff even though the character was banned. Would make sense to give me my items I had and moved onto the illegal character, we will see what the GMs say...

RMT aids everywhere, level your own characters...don't buy/sell accounts. Only way to be safe really. On a sidenote, don't give out your passwords or account share.

ArumTP
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
RMT aids everywhere, level your own characters...don't buy/sell accounts. Only way to be safe really. On a sidenote, don't give out your passwords or account share.

THIS ^

chantersale
05-02-2013, 04:19 PM

You know, I really never thought about the idea of a level 33 warrior being a sketch account. All the characters I've bought have had good reputation and I wasnn't worried about a low level warrior being some 'shady' account. The GMs said they will look into it more thoroughly and see if they can definitively prove I was not the owner in march. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Swish
05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
You know, I really never thought about the idea of a level 33 warrior being a sketch account. All the characters I've bought have had good reputation and I wasnn't worried about a low level warrior being some 'shady' account. The GMs said they will look into it more thoroughly and see if they can definitively prove I was not the owner in march. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I don't know who sells a 33 warrior and expects anything for it either. I wonder what a L20 rogue goes for :rolleyes:

Woahnelly
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
you should probably post an epilepsy warning by that gif, Swish.

Cippofra
05-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Play with fire, you evetually get burned. The staff here often goes above and beyond what is expected of them, but you cant expect them to drop everything every single time a person gambles on a scam and loses

Rhambuk
05-02-2013, 06:09 PM

lol i avert my eyes when i see swish post over the pats few days. It still screws with my eyes

Swish
05-02-2013, 08:06 PM

Switched, not trying to kill anyone lol.

Woahnelly
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I think you should switch it back to the sled dogs. That cracked me up every time I saw it

Lanuven
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Since accounts currently cant be locked down to stop trades, are we just banning people for the hell of it now and claiming RMT ? How is someone supposed to know if the items they are buying with hard earned plat, are from "Platlord" ?

So im in the market for a pair of mithril greaves. Someone says they have a pair for sale and I buy them. It ends up being Platlord and now Im banned? Or did he actually get caught red handed trading RL money for those items ?

If an account if purchased with hard earned money from now on, is it just going to be deemed RMT and banned ?

Clark
05-02-2013, 09:31 PM
=(

:( never like seeing stuff like this, doesn't anybody honor man-hours anymore

sounds to me like the guy before him was who did the rule breaking

Lyra
05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Since accounts currently cant be locked down to stop trades, are we just banning people for the hell of it now and claiming RMT ? How is someone supposed to know if the items they are buying with hard earned plat, are from "Platlord" ?

So im in the market for a pair of mithril greaves. Someone says they have a pair for sale and I buy them. It ends up being Platlord and now Im banned? Or did he actually get caught red handed trading RL money for those items ?

If an account if purchased with hard earned money from now on, is it just going to be deemed RMT and banned ?

If you've been following this saga, you may have read about a certain spreadsheet. It seems Platlord kept records. Probably to pay taxes on the money he earned (I could hardly type that I was laughing so hard). I imagine those records were quite helpful in this wave of bans. Pretty accurate information from what I've heard.

Glad I'm so poor I can't afford to buy plat for this free game I play.

TWDL_Prexus
05-02-2013, 09:59 PM

The methods that our volunteer GM's use in hunting down RMTers is none of our concern. They seem more then willing to investigate bans and fix it if it was wrong. And no if you sold an item for plat to a platlord account you wont be banned. If platlord just gave you an item with nothing in return, or /splits money with you, then yes you probably will be.

As for accounts, buy them at your own risk as they may have been flagged for MQ or had RMT transactions in the past.

Swish
05-02-2013, 10:08 PM
It seems Platlord kept records. Probably to pay taxes on the money he earned...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1rkkqeU9D1rqfhi2o1_400.gif#laughing%20dog% 2Cgif%20300x225

huehuehue... I did enjoy that one :D

citizen1080
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Only silver lining I can see to this chantersale is that going forward..with platlord laid low. This shouldnt be a huge issue in the near future. Once this mass banwave passes accounts should be safe from this. Tho you can always get scammed...unless you use me ^^

At least till platlord 2.0 gets banned down the road and all the accounts associated.

gotrocks
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
If you've been following this saga, you may have read about a certain spreadsheet. It seems Platlord kept records. Probably to pay taxes on the money he earned (I could hardly type that I was laughing so hard). I imagine those records were quite helpful in this wave of bans. Pretty accurate information from what I've heard.

Glad I'm so poor I can't afford to buy plat for this free game I play.

Detective lyra solves the case yet again :D

Uggme
05-03-2013, 12:29 PM

It's a bit difficult to consider someone who routinely bought and sold accounts a positive community player. It seems you are a part of the contributing problem - underhanded deals and account sales. These of which are more often than not associated with RMT's. In the end, found yourself lumped in with thier lot and lost it all. I'm not surprised at all.

If account sales were'nt allowed then I'm sure we'd run into this EXACT situation significantly less. Consider also that it's impossible for someone to get banned for RMTing if they never trade accounts or purchese plat/items for RL money.

Our overlords would rather account sales not take place. Why not just appease them and not do it? This right here is a perfect example why.

SamwiseRed
05-03-2013, 12:39 PM
OP leaving out what really happened.

Vile
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
ban moar imo

Stinkum
05-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Ban them all.

SamwiseRed
05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Ban them all.

Ambrotos
05-03-2013, 01:07 PM
It was warned in the past that buying an account is 100% on the buyer. There is no protection from being scammed, having an account come up as RMT or with 3rd party programs. It is what it is. It's no different as to why we don't change first names for new owners of accounts. You live with the reputation of the owner of the account before you.

Now I will say, there is a slim chance that Ephi may unban an account that had nothing to do with it if there was a large time gap, and plenty of proof.

I will point out one thing since the OP wants to cherry pick what he wants to show is posted in his petition.

Well March is far before I owned the account. I'm not sure if you can check the change of ownership via the IP logs or me changing the email.

What's the point of having account sales if they can cause me to lose all my hard earned stuff. I traded my epic shaman for a CoF + the 33 Warrior. I also moved my fungi over onto the warrior. Now I lose all my stuff and the character because some guy that owned the character 2 times before me got banned?

It wasn't even the guy I bought it from that was sketch it was the guy before him. And I'm punished?

Ephi responds

I'll review the login records and see if I can definitively say it wasn't you. This will take a little bit though.
I thank you for your effort I understand the time you put into making this a great game and it would be a shame to have to quit over something so stupid.

Thanks again for giving it another review.

Since you haven't provided any proof other than stating that your IP address would be different ( small hint here, everyone can change and mask their IP) you either A) wait out the situation and see what Ephi can come up with or B) Instead of going nerd raging and lashing out in the worst way, and even leaving out favorable responses from the staff; Provide any messages you had worked the deal out for this account sale on this so you can speed up this situation. You mention you had some, yet never posted any.

Since all it seems you do on these boards is buy/sell accounts under brita21, druidsale, sellmybard, sowmeplease, chantersale. Maybe you can't keep track of all your messages under all the forum accounts you buy/sell accounts under.

Bardalicious
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
lol owned hardcore

Lanuven
05-03-2013, 01:30 PM
So question...

How long till all the bans are handed out for accounts linked to the past RMT ? Would it be safe to say that a week from now if you were to trade or buy an account in game, and that char was able to log in, that the account was safe from the RMT bans ?

Assuming they were not doing it still..

Ambrotos
05-03-2013, 01:39 PM
There is a vast amount of trades, /splits, and stuff. People are slowly reporting it and giving more information. Ephi is doing it all, and there is enough on his plate. I wouldn't say a week from now will be safe. This will be a on going thing. There is some slight leeway if the person can provide enough proof to prove that they had no involvement in RMT. Bans for 3rd party programs, 100% ban even if someone else logged on to your account and got you flagged.

Bottom line, don't buy or sell accounts or risk it all. Buying and selling accounts is disliked by the staff, but wasn't disallowed since there isn't a system to stop this. Why make rules when you can't enforce them? That is why it is 100% on the buyer, and has no backing from the staff. This has been said since even I started playing back in 2010 on the server. Big Nilbog seems like he will remove it totally once they get a system in place.

This is the fair warning. Willing to risk being banned on an account you just spent 200k on? Go for it.

Lanuven
05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah I understand the risks of account selling, and trading. Both of the accounts I've purchased have been held for the better part of a year or more and are on good standings. Personally I do not cheat on this game, and would NEVER waste my RL money on plat or items. Whats the point of playing if you do ?

Was more so just to clarify a time frame that could be a baseline for bans of accounts that could be linked to RMT.

Thanks for the response!

Stinkum
05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Since all it seems you do on these boards is buy/sell accounts under brita21, druidsale, sellmybard, sowmeplease, chantersale. Maybe you can't keep track of all your messages under all the forum accounts you buy/sell accounts under.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/35289916.jpg

sulpher01
05-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Still cant believe you bought a 33 warrior... huge risk in exchange for a low level char?? :eek:

Itap
05-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/34952693.jpg

Gaffin Deeppockets
05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Been there done that, reroll what you love to play and retry. Sucks to lose months or years time on a game to be banned and unplayable forever. But maybe this will cut back on some account sales and trading, now that people see the true caution of it lately.

chantersale
05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Meh, if I don't get at least the gear back I'll be calling it quits. I traded for a low level character because I just don't have the time commitment to be raiding. Figured it would be fun to play a twinked out warrior.

cheers,

and to Ambrotos, what messages are you speaking of?

the trade for the warrior was done all via messages in game with Hungfuu.

hungfuu seems to be under some heat lately and he actually told me he took screenshots of the initial trade with buyzandsellz guy for the warrior.

so before you go waving your giant e-penis around maybe you should ask for more info instead of assuming?

haha come again?

chantersale
05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
So if hungfuu wants to clear my name and his he should probably post those in game message screen shots in here.

chantersale
05-03-2013, 03:34 PM
To Ambrotos

I clearly posted the thread before the GMs replied, and then after the GMs replied I posted this,

"You know, I really never thought about the idea of a level 33 warrior being a sketch account. All the characters I've bought have had good reputation and I wasnn't worried about a low level warrior being some 'shady' account. The GMs said they will look into it more thoroughly and see if they can definitively prove I was not the owner in march. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed."

Sounds like I definitely left out tons of information.

What's the point of posting in a thread without reading the entire thing? Just to be an asshole and try and make me look bad?

Cheers bud

Uggme
05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Meh, if I don't get at least the gear back I'll be calling it quits. I traded for a low level character because I just don't have the time commitment to be raiding. Figured it would be fun to play a twinked out warrior.

cheers,

and to Ambrotos, what messages are you speaking of?

the trade for the warrior was done all via messages in game with Hungfuu.

hungfuu seems to be under some heat lately and he actually told me he took screenshots of the initial trade with buyzandsellz guy for the warrior.

so before you go waving your giant e-penis around maybe you should ask for more info instead of assuming?

haha come again?

A few things to note here:

1. It IS fun to play a twinked out warrior. You had a character that could camp / earn plat enough to do it without selling an account. Instead you took the quick, easy, and might I add, shady path of doing accout trades. The amount of free time you have is irrelevant, really. Ya shoulda played while you could and earned what you got legitimately. Then we'd not even be here.

2. It's not Hungfuu's responsibility to come and back you Here. I bet he's even under scrutiny at this very moment.

3. Getting snarky with staff is a sure fire way to not get what you are looking for.

IMO you're Damned shady, and deserve all that's come to you.

chantersale
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Ok cool, I'm glad you think so :)

Hope you have a good day!

EDIT: In all honesty the reaction of the players, being legitimately happy at the loss of others is disgusting to me. I'm done defending myself. I made a stupid mistake and traded characters repeatedly and got what I had coming. This isn't a thread to beg for your sorrows. This thread was aimed at warning players not to trade their characters and to learn from my mistake. I also wanted to enforce that character trades should be banned if this is how they are handled.

joppykid
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
To Ambrotos

I clearly posted the thread before the GMs replied, and then after the GMs replied I posted this,

"You know, I really never thought about the idea of a level 33 warrior being a sketch account. All the characters I've bought have had good reputation and I wasnn't worried about a low level warrior being some 'shady' account. The GMs said they will look into it more thoroughly and see if they can definitively prove I was not the owner in march. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed."

Sounds like I definitely left out tons of information.

What's the point of posting in a thread without reading the entire thing? Just to be an asshole and try and make me look bad?

Cheers bud

There is no point in arguing with the Staff in a public forum. Doing that is basically equivalent to the GIF below. I think the point Ambrotos was making was that you didn't include the entire petition exchange with Ephi; you didn't include a few of his responses. Also, the information Ambrotos was referring to was stuff you sent to them (which apparently was nothing) not some post you made about not thinking of a level 33 account "shady". I am not sure how you think that quote is providing anything useful to the GMs in confirming your accounts legitimacy.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3445261824/h333CD534/

sanforce
05-03-2013, 04:44 PM
It sucks that you lost all of the stuff that you earned while playing p99. If character buying/selling/trading is allowed, I think there should be some sort of 10k option to verify a clean past with the GMs.

Uggme
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
It would be nice if I can get the items off the account as I'm sure you can look back and check the IP logs or the email change as I've only had the account for a week and see what the behavior the got the account banned was for.

Looks like I lost all my hard earned stuff even though the character was banned. Would make sense to give me my items I had and moved onto the illegal character, we will see what the GMs say.

Meh, if I don't get at least the gear back I'll be calling it quits.

Though the title is a good PSA for all those out there selling and buying accounts, these quotes really show what your true intention is... to try and get your stuff back out of a situation you got yourself into in the first place. It's truly hard to have pity on someone who was engaging in non-sanctioned activites and then got burned. It's also hard to trust what thier true intentions are.

This can all be turned around. You basically have a clean slate now. Re-roll if you want from the beginning. Don't sell your account this time. You might find it enjoyable :)

Bonderd
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
It sucks that you lost all of the stuff that you earned while playing p99. If character buying/selling/trading is allowed, I think there should be some sort of 10k option to verify a clean past with the GMs.

Kinda like a car-fax for p99 toons, haha . Cool idea i guess, i say call it "Toon-Fax"

joppykid
05-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Kinda like a car-fax for p99 toons, haha . Cool idea i guess, i say call it "Toon-Fax"

lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484626_565729170138296_1558737028_n.jpg

goldages05
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Chanter>joined march? 2013?

chantersale
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
joppykid, that is because the post I made was before the GMs responded. Then I further added that the GMs are looking into it and will let me know. Which is exactly what they said. Sorry that I didn't supply an exact quote like I did in the original post.

In addition, I have no proof of the sale so there is nothing to post. The GMs have access to IP logs and hopefully they can see that it wasn't me.

Furthermore, Hungfuu doesn't owe me anything but he is actually a nice guy and even said he will set me up with some stuff if the GMs don't fix this. I'll see if I can get him to throw up the screen shots of his original transaction.

Yeah of course I'm upset and wish I didn't lose 250K+ worth of items lol... Clearly this thread is about me being upset. At the same time I'd like to save people from the annoyance of losing their accounts like I did.

I really don't have time to play the game like I did before but it is a shame to see my hard work go.

To defend my 'hard work' Yes I leveled a Druid to level 55 then traded and traded more.

This is my final post, hope all turns out well and if not hope I saved at least one person from this same situation.

Rhambuk
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM

I like this idea! Charge a Percentage say...25% of the sale price that goes to the gm's and they take it out of circulation.

would take A LOT of plat of the server

heartbrand
05-03-2013, 05:10 PM
It is what it is. It's no different as to why we don't change first names for new owners of accounts.

why is this routinely done on red then?

joppykid
05-03-2013, 05:23 PM
joppykid, that is because the post I made was before the GMs responded. Then I further added that the GMs are looking into it and will let me know. Which is exactly what they said. Sorry that I didn't supply an exact quote like I did in the original post.

In addition, I have no proof of the sale so there is nothing to post. The GMs have access to IP logs and hopefully they can see that it wasn't me.

You said sarcastically "Sounds like I definitely left out tons of information." As if you proved in the post you included info. I am not talking about your posts before GM's responded.
Everything that I have quoted was after you had a reply from them. "I clearly posted the thread before the GMs replied, and then after the GMs replied I posted this". Your "this" post is what I was responding to. Keep contradicting yourself, it's really helping your case. All I was saying was that it isn't wise to argue with staff/gm's on a public forum. Good luck with your shit.

Lyra
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
If character buying/selling/trading is allowed, I think there should be some sort of 10k option to verify a clean past with the GMs.

This information is easily found on the forum:

1) GM's don't approve of account buying/selling/trading.
2) Currently they don't have a way to prevent account buying/selling/trading.
3) There is no use in making a rule they can't enforce.
4) When they do find a way to prevent it, they will make a rule and stop account buying/selling/trading.
5) They will never facilitate a trade because of 1 - 4.

joppykid
05-03-2013, 05:26 PM
This is my final post, hope all turns out well and if not hope I saved at least one person from this same situation.

Also, quit saying this. Second time now. It is never the case when someone states they're done posting.

odiecat99
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Read this whole thread. What a dumb fuck.

Lanuven
05-03-2013, 06:24 PM
why is this routinely done on red then?

Cause no one cares about what happens on red.

odiecat99
05-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Cause no one cares about what happens on red.

fact

messiah_b
05-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Translation: I'm a good upstanding member who wanted to contribute to the server by buying a character and awesome items so I can skip levels and camps and be awesome furthermore I am a great person and contribute so please give me my money back.