PDA

View Full Version : [Pally]Armor of Ro

Godwind
05-03-2013, 01:21 AM
I was trying to buy those earlier but it was a no go. I spent all my PP just to grab some minor upgrade and planning to solo it later.

So how long does this quest take if you try to solo all the way as lv30 just to get Vambraces/Greaves/Boots? Or do you need higher level to do it?

SamwiseRed
05-03-2013, 07:53 AM
damn just started a few days ago and already buying gearz? as a paladin what the hell are you farming for pp bro?

falkun
05-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Nybright sisters are amazing plat for the level no matter what class you are. And pallies get Lull at 15.

raff01
05-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Get your ass to upper guk. almost every mob around zonein and squire are lvl 4-10 and easy as fuck, and all drop Jades and Ambers which sell for 2 or 3 pp each...leveled my SK there and by the time I got to level 15, I had made 300 pp.

Lorraine
05-05-2013, 04:11 AM
I was trying to buy those earlier but it was a no go. I spent all my PP just to grab some minor upgrade and planning to solo it later.

So how long does this quest take if you try to solo all the way as lv30 just to get Vambraces/Greaves/Boots? Or do you need higher level to do it?

Even if you have all the items for the turn-ins, the traveling alone (without a pocket porter) will take you an hour and a half or so.

Not to mention faction - the mold for each piece of armor is given by a different race representative at the Rathe Mountains paladin camp.
And while Greaves/Boots are arguably the easiest pieces to obtain (Sandgiant Husam is the lowest level quest mob - Nightfall giants are a lot tougher but at a zone where lots of high levels are idling/lurking) - the vambraces are a kinda MAJOR pita to solo.

The plague sharks are in the middle of nowhere (Erud's Crossing is a deserted place on it's own, not to mention you'll probably want the services of a tracking class), they are low 30s mobs but close to low 40s sharks as well, they have a respawn rate of 2+ hours each (iirc), and they don't always drop the rotten meat for the mold (iirc again, and you'll need two drops). You might want to consider buying and using deepwater vambraces (or wait for planar, or blazing vambraces off Ragefire) and only going there if you're dead serious on finishing the Ro armor set for the novelty (or resist).

Godwind
05-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks for tips. I just got mine Leg/Boot mold.Think I will grab Deepwater Vambraces. Since its cheap.

But i have one more question want to ask.

Do people usually sell Fairy Dusts? Or should I roll a alt to get em? Since I dont want lose my rep to those fairy.
And if I even got enough Fairy Dust. Do I still need to ask people who have enough faction to head in those for Soil of Underfoot?
Or I can do that by myself?

Lorraine
05-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Some people sell Fairy Dust - It's not the rarest thing out there, but again it's not overly common either, it's more of a "be at the right place the right time" kind of thing.

Sometimes you could pick some randomly off of merchants as well.

If she doesn't respond to the Soil quest, all you gotta do is turn in some bone chips (a couple of stacks maybe? Could be less, my memory is failing me atm) and then try again.

The combine cauldron for Ronium needs faction with Temple of Solusek Ro as well, gotta keep that in mind too, there are a few ways to increase it (cutthroat insignia rings turn in to the orc at Ro desert is one of them) -- Also, cauldron is LORE (iirc) and Soil of Underfoot is LORE as well, so you got to keep that in mind when you try to turn the greave/boot molds into wearable armor pieces and plan your trips accordinly (again a pocket porting class will minimise the travel times tremendously).

Samoht
05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
damn just started a few days ago and already buying gearz? as a paladin what the hell are you farming for pp bro?

he's not farming it, he's stealing it all from groups. he stops to loot 100% of the mobs, insisting he's going to split it (and then doesn't).

he says he'll alpha valueable drops, but then keeps them for themselves. he'll say the person who left last took the last one, and when they're offline and can't dispute it, he now gets to keep two.

avoid godwind at all costs.

Philipangoo
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
lol steppin all over everyone to get to the top. damn

Aaron
05-25-2013, 09:07 PM
he's not farming it, he's stealing it all from groups. he stops to loot 100% of the mobs, insisting he's going to split it (and then doesn't).

he says he'll alpha valueable drops, but then keeps them for themselves. he'll say the person who left last took the last one, and when they're offline and can't dispute it, he now gets to keep two.

avoid godwind at all costs.

Well that's not very Paladin-like.

Beaniron
06-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Well that's not very Paladin-like.

He should have been a Dark Elf Shadowknight. Then his actions would fit the character. He's giving the rest of us Paladins a bad reputation.

kaev
06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
He should have been a Dark Elf Shadowknight. Then his actions would fit the character. He's giving the rest of us Paladins a bad reputation.

I think you may be confused as to the meaning of Paladin in Norrath. Twisted evil hypocrite is probably as terse as you can put it. Don't believe me? To quest your holy armor you must murder some faeries quietly minding their own business in Lesser Faydark, or better yet pay somebody else to commit the murders for you! To quest your holy sword you must murder an ally beset by an horrific infestation of undead (shin lord is a paladin to Mith Marr) or perhaps murder your own guildmaster (or doesn't whatshisname in Felwithe drop ghoulbane on p99?), or, again, pay others to commit the murder for you.

Necros and Shadowknights are practically honest upstanding citizens in comparison, really only Enchanters are darker and more twisted (imo, ofc).

(My main, back in the day on live and now here, is a Paladin, btw. It's always been my favorite EQ class to play despite Verant's sick and twisted implementation. Or maybe not so sick and twisted if you consider the origin of the word as a reference to an officer in Charlemagne's court, and we all know what loveable cuddly teddybears the high and mighty are in societies ruled directly by force of arms.)

Danth
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Have to kill gnomes too, or at least their clockworks. Just figure Paladins as zealots. Like most zealots they have little trouble with rationalizing theft and murder when it benefits them to do so, preaching their own righteousness all the while. Then they write the history and paint themselves in a positive light.

Or optionally just ignore the in-game lore because it's idiotic.

Danth

Beaniron
06-05-2013, 01:08 PM
That's because Paladins are technically people of God and Nobility. Upholding Truth, Honor, and Valor is one thing, but if you really want something, sometimes you have to be willing to take whats yours.

kaev
06-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I am so wishing I had a link to that Iraqi Minister of Information .gif handy :D

Beaniron
06-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I am so wishing I had a link to that Iraqi Minister of Information .gif handy :D

Hey, do Paladins become KING of an entire county by serving their Gods and being a champion of truth and peace? No. They can do that, but if you want to be KING, you have to be willing to reach out your hand and take it, even if it means bathing your hands in blood.

Good and Evil are not so clear cut, especially in EQ; there are many shades of grey in between. Good and Evil are based on perspective; Paladins may be seen as relatively evil bastards for some of the things they have to do, but in the end they're only staying true to their teachings.

kaev
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
:D So given a Paladin dedicated to Mith Marr, a Paladin who is a champion for his people leading and defending them in a holy war vs. a relentless invasion of undead. You're saying that my Paladin, also consecrated to Mith Marr, is staying true to his teachings by ambushing and murdering this selfless champion? I suppose that it is important for me to steal the holy sword from his steaming corpse to increase my personal power while seeking still greater personal power. It's all so obvious now.

By that standard, Sir Lucan's only crime was declaring for Innoruuk. He'd have been just fine so long as he limited himself to murdering his benefactors and brothers-in-arms and usurping their wealth, power, & property for his own use.

On the plus side, while repurposing words like "Noble" & "Truth" EQ fashion is surely Orwellian and dark as hell, at least there aren't any sparkly rainbow ponies involved in this vision. :p

This does suggest a possible rationale for HalfElfs not being allowed to be SKs in EQ, which always seemed odd to me since they're so generally shat upon in the game-world. You'd think more than a few would respond with the active hostility of the SK. But it turns out that there's simply no need. Just choose to be a Paladin to Mith Marr and you can fight evil while being evil yourself. It's the best of all possible worlds, the penultimate in self-interest, self-serving, & self-dealing (the actual ultimate evil being the Enchanter, of course.)

Beaniron
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
:D So given a Paladin dedicated to Mith Marr, a Paladin who is a champion for his people leading and defending them in a holy war vs. a relentless invasion of undead. You're saying that my Paladin, also consecrated to Mith Marr, is staying true to his teachings by ambushing and murdering this selfless champion? I suppose that it is important for me to steal the holy sword from his steaming corpse to increase my personal power while seeking still greater personal power. It's all so obvious now.

By that standard, Sir Lucan's only crime was declaring for Innoruuk. He'd have been just fine so long as he limited himself to murdering his benefactors and brothers-in-arms and usurping their wealth, power, & property for his own use.

On the plus side, while repurposing words like "Noble" & "Truth" EQ fashion is surely Orwellian and dark as hell, at least there aren't any sparkly rainbow ponies involved in this vision. :p

This does suggest a possible rationale for HalfElfs not being allowed to be SKs in EQ, which always seemed odd to me since they're so generally shat upon in the game-world. You'd think more than a few would respond with the active hostility of the SK. But it turns out that there's simply no need. Just choose to be a Paladin to Mith Marr and you can fight evil while being evil yourself. It's the best of all possible worlds, the penultimate in self-interest, self-serving, & self-dealing (the actual ultimate evil being the Enchanter, of course.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqSlaMME-Mk