PDA

View Full Version : Caster Trio

Gratal
05-06-2013, 01:40 PM
My friends and I are starting again and I was wondering if anyone had any input on a class that groups well with their toons. One is playing an Erudite necro and the other is an Erudite mage. I currently have an iksar shaman and an erudite enchanter from my time playing a while back.

I figured with shaman, the mage would become a hindrance due to no mana regen. But with enchanter, there's no sow/healing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Gel Mibson
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
if one of your rolls a cleric, would ben an ideal group.

Splorf22
05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Both will work fine from a game mechanic perspective, but don't you think the black trio is more awesome stylistically?

August
05-06-2013, 01:57 PM
ENC is the most powerful class in game. I would strongly suggest it. Get someone else to play SHM and the third class doesn't matter.

Bubbles
05-06-2013, 02:05 PM
With a necro and mage in tow, go with enchanter. You'll have no need to run from anything, so SOW is moot.... And the necro can heal in a pinch.. but more often than not you'll just watch 3 pets curbstomp anything in front of you.

Swish
05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
With a necro and mage in tow, go with enchanter. You'll have no need to run from anything, so SOW is moot.... And the necro can heal in a pinch.. but more often than not you'll just watch 3 pets curbstomp anything in front of you.

Great sounding combo, and jboots aren't a big deal to get hold of these days as you level.

As always, if the enchanter can get his charisma up to ~160 it'll mean some fairly steady charming, and as long as he keeps himself runed (bring a few stacks of stones) the healing will be kept to a minimum.

Fear kite...with a skellie, mage fire pet and an enchanter charmed pet? Devastating.

webrunner5
05-06-2013, 08:51 PM

Yeah, I agree Bubbles. You make a really good case for that trio. :cool: Sounds great indoors and outdoors. Plus all 3 have gate and bind which helps out a lot if you wipe. Really kills a group when the Tank dies and is 10 zones away with no rezzer.

enr4ged
05-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Have the necro or mage play enchanter or shaman, you play the other.
Shamans bring incredible utility to taking down high level stuff that I don't think you want to pass up if you are in it for the long haul. Enchanter is kind of a must as well. They bring insane dps, excellent cc with mez and stuns, and mana regen for your group. I really think you should definitely have an enchanter and a shaman and then mix in the third class of which I'm not sure matters that much as neither mage or necro bring much that the enchanter and shaman can't provide. I guess go with the best frontal dps which would be mage, plus the pet provides some off tanking and extra damage.

Bubbles
05-07-2013, 06:43 AM
If the necro is amazing, go enchanter. If the necro is meh, go shaman.

The only real issue going shaman is not having as easy a time breaking up camps. Necros can lull undead and feign pull, but enchanters get lull vs. live mobs too, which can be very helpful in the long run.

Rest assured, it's going to be a very nice trio either way.

Splorf22
05-07-2013, 09:59 AM
If the necro is amazing

This is really the key point. Nec/Mag/Enc will be fantastic but it's not very forgiving. In the end you are 3 cloth casters with the only heal being a 125/tick from the necro and no druid/cleric HP buffs.

Now if you are good, this won't matter, because you will very rarely get hit. You'll get a stream of single pulls which the mage earth pet will root and two charmed pets will beat down. The necro and the enchanter can help each other out on breaks (which will be relatively infrequent with tash/malo on everything) and the recover your hp with rune and lifetap/heal. At 50+ you'll be able to manage 200+ dps (which is more than most GOOD full groups) as a trio.

On the other hand, if you don't know all the dungeons and roamers you'll have a stream of mobs coming up behind you and making your life miserable.

P.S. Miley sighting! You should hang out with the A-Team some time!

killa0885pve
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm not saying this trio i'm about to suggest is anywhere near as good as the ones previously suggested, but during live I levelled from launch and played through tilll POP with a mage, necro and wizzy combo. That was just the characters me and my real life mates enjoyed playing and we made it work.

As little love as wizzies get..... Free ports are pretty fucking handy.

Swish
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
As long as the necro knows his fear/darkness durations (which isn't hard for a newbie to do with a bit of practice) he'll be fine. Obviously if there's any problems the enchanter can root...there's enough CC in that group that there shouldn't be any deaths unless they're trying to do Lower Guk or something.

webrunner5
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
there's enough CC in that group that there shouldn't be any deaths unless they're trying to do Lower Guk or something.

Oh they will die. Like has been said. 3 Cloth classes equal no real buffer when things go to shit. And it will. :D But then even the VERY best groups wipe at times.

Hmm Wizzy interesting. :rolleyes: Not as good CC wise as a Chanter would bring. Not counting no Crack. Necro would have to be a BIG mana Whore and healing Whore plus CC with Darkness. Would have to be the best Necro on the server. I just don't see it sorry ports or not.. Druid would be better than Wiz.

Swish
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Not quite true, if the enchanter is runed I'd imagine that's where the damage is going to go. He can root anything quickly if needed, mez any adds. The only variable I don't like with it is trying to do BR in Lower Guk or something similar (royals in Sol B...stuff that's generally considered to be a good "classic group" area).

I'd put together a 1-50 for them if they were doing that trio, it doesn't require too much thought other than keeping out of tight dungeons.

Reubin
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
If your goal is just to level, have fun, farm some stuff, pick up others for grouping and that kind of thing, then I'd definitely go with Enchanter. In Necro, Mage, and Enchanter you have 3 of the best quick solo classes in the game. Teaming them up just makes it even easier. Haste up the pets, charm a pet with the Enchanter and watch how quickly mobs die. They're also primed for grouping since adding a healer, a tank, and anything else will make for a fast 6 man group. Shaman is a great class but they really excel with melees and hybrids IMO. Plus the Erudite Trio is pretty awesome visually.

vulzol
05-07-2013, 12:40 PM
scrap mage,

do cleric, enchanter, necro

god tier

Clark
05-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Enchanter is a good choice, but honestly Mage is weak if played wrong. One pull of agro and you're dead at the drop of a hat. I'd suggest Cleric or Shaman.

Necro/Mage/Cleric
Necro/Mage/Shaman
Mage/Ench/Shaman or Cleric

killa0885pve
05-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Op decided on your combo yet?

webrunner5
05-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Yeah I have to admit. If you play a Enchanter they are NOT very fond of Mage pets.:eek:

Swish
05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
scrap mage,

do cleric, enchanter, necro

god tier

If you do that, utilise as many undead spots as possible to keep mana efficiency up :)