PDA

View Full Version : Still crash 90% of the time zoning

monti
05-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Gotta love simple CR's taking 2 hrs because the game crashes 90% of the time. My main computer doesn't do this, no clue why my laptop does it.

Then it takes me 30min just to log back in because of connection issues. I honestly feel like I'm back on dial up like the good ole days.

citizen1080
05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I guess ill be the first.

This needs to be posted in tech forum.

However, I would guess HD issues on your laptop, or Ram.

Solution: Don't play on your laptop. Or buy a new one...as cheap as they are its usually not worth fixing them if they are more than a few years old.

Lyra
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Launch EQ using Lavishsoft WinEQ

I predict it will solve all your problems.

dotcom
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
My windows 7 machine rarely crashes but my windows 8 laptop crashes on most zoning and everytime i get to character select after camping. I just deal with it.... Win8 is a bummer of a os and i only use it when i'm on the road.

Clark
05-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Note to self: Don't get windows 8?

Malimus
05-08-2013, 02:18 AM
I think internet connection/wireless signal strength can have something to do with this to.

Do you use the same ISP on both main comp and laptop? Or you using a different connection like at work or something on your laptop?

Is your main computer running off wireless and or is it closer to you wireless hub?
Same question about laptop? Or maybe your connecting with your lap top to far away from wireless hub?

I had this issue happen to me a lot, then i changed my internet service provider and i haven't had the problem since.

My old ISP had high ping/latency and packet loss often.

Lightloch
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I used to crash a lot as well when I used crappy shared apartment internet at some point. Using a personal ISP subscription has solved this issue for me on Win 7 and Win 8.

monti
05-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Brand new laptop, Lenovo Y500.
8GB RAM
i7-3630QM Quad Core processor
SLI 650M GPUs

Samsung 840 250gb SSD
Windows 7

Tried both SLI and singular GPU configurations.

Wired internet connection.

Nothing but drivers, skype, vent and EQ on laptop.

Happened both with Windows 8 on old standard 5400rpm HDD that came with laptop, as well as upgraded SSD with Windows 7.

I'll try WinEQ and report back.

Swish
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I think I've read something in tech discussion about problems with the "quad core" processors...

A Tech Discussion sticky thread might help: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3604

monti
05-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I still crash and I don't know what to do anymore. Makes playing on this server unbearable since I can't readily join my guild at a moments notice to do something. I find myself camping in the same zone, on one character because even if I switch characters (or try to) I get kicked off and it usually takes me about 10-15min to just log back in. Took me 30min to get a port to WC, run to EC tunnel and get a port.

Buellen
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
heya monti

I posted similair issue on the tech forums under crashing while zoneing last or 2nd to last page.

I tried all the quadcore fixes recommended here and emulator forum. I tried running wineq 2 etc etc not of that worked.

For me the solution that fixed my problem was:

1) make sure all program involved to run your eq here run under compatibility mode < i ran under service pack 3>. what i mean is make sure wineq 2 and patcher and your actual eq.exe are all set to run under compatibility mode.

2) If you are using anti virus software with its own firewall play with setting to allow each program you will be using to run eq has full permission AND IF LIKE ME USING MCAFFEE TURN OF NETGUARD IN FIREWALL SETTING FOR EACH PROGRAM TO RUN P1999 EQ.

3) These 2 steps solved all crashing while zoning for me , i use to crash every single time i zoned. even sometime when going from charactger selection to game.

Hope this is some help

Terpuntine
05-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Remove macroquest from laptop then try. Problem solved you're welcome.

gotrocks
05-11-2013, 03:36 AM
This really should be in tech discussion, but if you try the things everyone is suggesting you should fix your problem (ie, try the various quad core fixes, definitely better to run eq off one core in general, and try the fixes posted above in regards to setting compatibility for *everything*, and allowing exceptions in any and all firewall programs your running. I would also suggest setting up eqgame.exe to run without needing the launcher, simply add -patchme to the end of the target line on the eqgame.exe shortcut, this way, the only program you are using to run eq is eq)

If you've done all this and it's still not working, please see my tech discussion FAQ, try everything listed there (whether its in regards to your issue or not) and then go ahead and post a new thread in tech discussion and we will see if we can't dig up an answer.

I'm pretty confident that if you do everything talked about in this thread, however, that you will fix your problem. Make sure all your drivers are updated as well (including your netcard)

webrunner5
05-11-2013, 04:12 AM
Only zone I crash in is EC. Pain in the butt since I port a lot.

Grillot
05-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Go to tech discussion forums. Then dual/quad core sticky. Like the second post has a link to the EQemu site where you will find instructions on changing you eq shortcut to launch using only one part of processor. This fixed my problem.