PDA

View Full Version : Scared for Velious...

Gel Mibson
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
To those who play casually:

Are you afraid of your potential escalated immersion levels once Velious drops? I am...I got a lot going on for me now once I stopped playing EQ all the time!

Briscoe
05-09-2013, 10:49 AM
but it's not written in any language with which I'm familiar. Perhaps Lanzellot "AUSTRIA(SCHWARZENEGGER BIRTH COUNTRY)=)" could translate it for us.

Swish
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
As a casual player, I'll enjoy it for what it is when it comes... I'll probably camp some pixels but I won't be running around screaming "server first" for anything.

Those that will be bouncing off the walls claiming the camps they've researched, just think back - who got the first HS key? who got various other "firsts" on loot?

Most importantly... who cares?

It'll freshen up the server no doubt, but it's probably not here until after the summer "break".

Highlights for me will be exploring Thurgadin, ToFS, and other zones.

Not as bothered about mobilizing for 'keyboard mash' randomly named dragons or NToV, but I'm sure I'll experience the lot in the next 2-3 years...no rush for Velious.

Clark
05-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Are you afraid of your potential escalated immersion levels once Velious drops? I am...I got a lot going on for me now once I stopped playing EQ all the time!

I do extra push-ups just to condition for it.

zanderklocke
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm scared about all my gear being worthless. I would be cool with somehow entering the server a year after Velious when a regular economy on Velious content has developed so I won't have to fear paying the wrong amount for new items.

Two, I am very afraid of someone waking the sleeper. I've never been to Sleepers Tomb, let alone got items that drop before sleeper is awoken. Not being able to experience that content is my biggest fear.

Swish
05-09-2013, 12:01 PM
People from red will awaken the sleeper from their old blue toons, that much is guaranteed... if nobody else does it first.

Nirgon
05-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Immersion will definitely be through the roof

zanderklocke
05-09-2013, 12:11 PM
TMO and FE will join together as brothers in combat to stop red from waking the sleeper.

Swish
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
TMO and FE will join together as brothers in combat to stop red from waking the sleeper.

Short of forming an ogre/troll "wall" at the zone-in or training deliberately I don't think there's any stopping an attempt to awaken it.

I'm interested to see if that doesn't happen for a few months, or if it happens in an act of trolling..will the GMs reset it?

heartbrand
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
People from red will awaken the sleeper from their old blue toons, that much is guaranteed... if nobody else does it first.

Count me in as someone who will gladly participate in waking the Sleeper on Blue for pure grief

Nocte
05-09-2013, 12:22 PM
As a casual player, I'll enjoy it for what it is when it comes... I'll probably camp some pixels but I won't be running around screaming "server first" for anything.

Those that will be bouncing off the walls claiming the camps they've researched, just think back - who got the first HS key? who got various other "firsts" on loot?

Most importantly... who cares?

It'll freshen up the server no doubt, but it's probably not here until after the summer "break".

Highlights for me will be exploring Thurgadin, ToFS, and other zones.

Not as bothered about mobilizing for 'keyboard mash' randomly named dragons or NToV, but I'm sure I'll experience the lot in the next 2-3 years...no rush for Velious.

I wish the server was full of this attitude.

Wotsirb401
05-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Or old IB

HeallunRumblebelly
05-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Well, except ST key dragons (dunno if they'll put shards of hsagra in--p sure that was luclin) are locked right the fuck down. They won't have keys...ever.

heartbrand
05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
o rly? hehuehuehuehuh

Swish
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
I think we'll all be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when it launches. Remember that Velious won't be released on red at the same time...so they'll no doubt be bored and look to sabotage :p

yobert
05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
I dont think it will be out on blue server this year

Ele
05-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, except ST key dragons (dunno if they'll put shards of hsagra in--p sure that was luclin) are locked right the fuck down. They won't have keys...ever.

Correct, Shards of Hsargra are a post-Luclin addition.

Earliest entry on Zam via way back machine, October 2002. The June-August 2002 captures do not include the Shards. There is a comment wherein the posters claims he received a shard from Statue 2 months before his post date of October 2002.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021024052649/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=938

Droog007
05-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Don't need to dig up old posts to be certain that for the duration of SoV you had to have a first brood talisman (a real one) to get into ST. One of them is tradeable though ... might want to be pretty careful with those...

zanderklocke
05-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Count me in as someone who will gladly participate in waking the Sleeper on Blue for pure grief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmOqPFyJPw

August
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I am more excited to...

a) Camp the ry'gorr orc fort - no idea why
b) crystal caverns - holy shit guys if you click this thing in the fort you go to a new zone!
c) kill giants in kael
d) orb of the infinite void. i will have one. fuck marhiok for never living up to his end of the deal (if you're out there marhiok, FUCK YOU)
e) mess shit up in velks
f) ruin my tunare faction in PoG
g) quad kite wyverns in cobalt scar
h) really really hope that sirens grotto becomes a place to group
i) visit anything west of siren's grotto. never got to see WW, DN, or ToV at all on my first playthrough
j) phenocryst focus - i will also have this. first large quest i ever did in EQ
k) be an enchanter in velious era. I hear that we can charm shit that makes no sense and will result in me being gloriously rich. we'll see.

i'm not excited at all...

Nirgon
05-09-2013, 01:42 PM
More interested in watching rape their souls farming PoM

Hailto
05-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Playing a Shaman in Velious is a wonderful thing.

myriverse
05-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Only thing that concerns me is the world becoming too big and not finding groups in the old world or Kunark. There really isn't much in Velious that interests me. It's just a whole lotta white pixels.

Hailto
05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Only thing that concerns me is the world becoming too big and not finding groups in the old world or Kunark. There really isn't much in Velious that interests me. It's just a whole lotta white pixels.

Lot of old world plat camps going to open up, look at the bright side.

Luchino
05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Zagum will wake the sleeper and keep Ragefire locked down at the same time.

Faerie Blossom
05-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm excited at the prospect of getting my epic once the powergamers are all busy with Velious stuff.

And why would you guys be afraid of us red players waking your sleeper? Seems a bit paranoid imo :/

myriverse
05-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Lot of old world plat camps going to open up, look at the bright side.
I guess that's cool if what you want is plat.

Buellen
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
heya

I seriously doubt siren grotto will become a group zone. Loot in general <except the nice drops form named see horse and the o so rare wavecrasher> is horrible and tons of caster trash mobs. If pathing is badly done will be a mess to xp their.

Just my personal experience from live and eqmac.

Garue 33 Half Elf Warrior Karana // Buskier 33 Human Cleric Rodcet Nife.

casovar
05-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Yeah, that is my thought as well. I am still fairly new to the server but there are plenty of places void of people already. It doesn't seem like the server population is large enough for what there currently is let alone Velious.

Vondra
05-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah, that is my thought as well. I am still fairly new to the server but there are plenty of places void of people already. It doesn't seem like the server population is large enough for what there currently is let alone Velious.

Maybe down the line. You have to figure early on it's going to have a great population though. Surely a good chunk of people have moved on but will come back when Velious is live.

webrunner5
05-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Trust me some dill weed living in their mom's basement will kill the Sleeper.:eek::eek:

SamwiseRed
05-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm scared about all my gear being worthless. I would be cool with somehow entering the server a year after Velious when a regular economy on Velious content has developed so I won't have to fear paying the wrong amount for new items.

Two, I am very afraid of someone waking the sleeper. I've never been to Sleepers Tomb, let alone got items that drop before sleeper is awoken. Not being able to experience that content is my biggest fear.

1st world problems

Triangle
05-09-2013, 10:29 PM
It is odd to think about something as great as velious being released having a scary side, but I guess its true. The unknown is scary to some people while it is exciting to others. Most of us are super familiar with Kunark after having played it for so long, we all have our go to spots to do our thing. Once velious is released there will be so many more zones and so many more camps and quests opened up.

Some of those camps and quests will be better than others and the most knowledgeable and dedicated people will profit early on by locking those down while the rest of the people learn.

That should be expected though, and if you are the type of person to be nervous about this then you should do your research now I suppose - certainly some items will be worth a lot less once velious is released as well.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM

10,000 Quatloos!

kingsBlend
05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
wts tash for raids

Gwence
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
you need a full raid force to wake the sleeper, like 40+ of proper classes.

that's as many ST keys needed from 5 mobs, 1 of which isn't very practical as a farm target

1 has a 7 day respawn, others 3-5

all have nasty AE's

if sleeper is woken it would be much later rather than sooner

unless the mobs are broke as fuck, which is always a possibility on p99, I dont see it happening

honestly it will be a guild killing zlandicar every 3'ish days or whatever to get 1 key, the other 4 are too difficult for the p99 guilds.

bluejam
05-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Should quit now.

mwatt
05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I think I recall in thread about the Sleeper sometime back in which it was claimed that the devs said they would reset the sleeper.

Nirgon
05-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I think I recall in thread about the Sleeper sometime back in which it was claimed that the devs said they would reset the sleeper.

I believe Rogean said "fuck no I wouldn't".

Elderan
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
you need a full raid force to wake the sleeper, like 40+ of proper classes.

that's as many ST keys needed from 5 mobs, 1 of which isn't very practical as a farm target

1 has a 7 day respawn, others 3-5

all have nasty AE's

if sleeper is woken it would be much later rather than sooner

unless the mobs are broke as fuck, which is always a possibility on p99, I dont see it happening

honestly it will be a guild killing zlandicar every 3'ish days or whatever to get 1 key, the other 4 are too difficult for the p99 guilds.

We released the sleeper on Veeshan first, with 11 people.

mwatt
05-13-2013, 03:14 PM

Have you ever asked yourself why you feel this way and what it means about you as a person?

Itap
05-13-2013, 03:17 PM

Negative. I believe Rog and Bog both have said they wouldn't

nilbog
05-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Up to nilbog.. and knowing nilbog, I'm fairly certain he'd say "Fuck no".

^

Maybe an event to put him back to sleep. Activators.. 50 million platinum?! 100? Christmas & 250million?? :x

But, no, there shouldn't be a persistent Kerafyrm.

zanderklocke
05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the server can reach an agreement to not wake Kerafyrm like EQMac did...until some of the P99 players went over there and woke him. Oh wait.

Maybe those that have a vendetta against TMO and desire to grief can keep in the mind the rest of the server that would not like the sleeper to be woken. But ha, that's wishful thinking.

Nirgon
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Maybe we should all go to Starbucks and play with our in game compass, maps, new UI, iksars with geboots on our apple touchbook lite OS 12x's and kill ourselves.

No fuckin' with the sleeper bros. What happens, happens.

falkun
05-13-2013, 04:03 PM
I give zero ducks about waking Kerafym. I do care about the "fuck you" that SOMEONE on this server will give to everyone else regarding Avatar weapons and other drops that cease dropping once Kerafym has been awakened.

Aeolwind
05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
I give zero ducks about waking Kerafym. I do care about the "fuck you" that SOMEONE on this server will give to everyone else regarding Avatar weapons and other drops that cease dropping once Kerafym has been awakened.

Primal still drops from MOTG, Prog and FA. No more SOD's, Robe's, Gnome Guise, etc.

Hmm, 150 million and 50 ST keys?
200 Million and 50 Prismatic Scales?
250 Million, 50 Scales and 50 Keys?
Waking sleeper puts Vulak on 'Ring Event'?
Waking the Sleeper initiates server wipe and reset within 7 days?
Waking Sleeper deletes all the ST keys on the server causing permanent corpse loss, then resets 10 days later?

Thulack
05-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Primal still drops from MOTG, Prog and FA. No more SOD's, Robe's, Gnome Guise, etc.

Hmm, 150 million and 50 ST keys?
200 Million and 50 Prismatic Scales?
250 Million, 50 Scales and 50 Keys?
Waking sleeper puts Vulak on 'Ring Event'?
Waking Sleeper deletes all the ST keys on the server causing permanent corpse loss, then resets 10 days later?

How about Waking the Sleeper Resets the toons that were involved to level 1 :)

zanderklocke
05-13-2013, 04:27 PM

I thought all primal stuff with Avatar from other mobs came later than Velious like in Luclin or PoP or something?

Lyra
05-13-2013, 04:28 PM
How about Waking the Sleeper Resets the toons that were involved to level 1 :)

They could just buy new ones.

Aeolwind
05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I thought all primal stuff with Avatar from other mobs came later than Velious like in Luclin or PoP or something?

Incorrect. MOTG, Prog and FA all drop Primal Velium. Mobs inside drop Priceless Velium. Which is kinda the same thing without the proc.

Prismatic Velium weapons drop on the 'ST Reboot' trash garbage nightmare bull crap. The one where they add all the quest?

If I'm not mistaken:
ST v0.5: Velious at release, Sleeper not installed, MOTG/Prog/FA don't drop anything, 'Placeholder' Warders. Mobs drop Priceless.
ST v0.7: MOTG/Prog/FA drop Primal, Warders real, still don't drop anything, still no Sleeper.
ST v1.0: 'Real' Sleeper's Tomb
ST v1.5: Post Sleeper release; Primal still drops, Scales drop; essence lens quest active.
ST v2.0: Quests added, more mobs added, Kildrukhan, Vyskudra, Xeikshi'Kar mobs added, Prismatic drops.

reddi lol
05-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Prepare to be trained until sleeper wakes

mwatt
05-14-2013, 12:50 AM
I stand corrected. Nil has spoken. So be it. The sleeper will not be reset once awoken. I can live with that.

falkun
05-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Incorrect. MOTG, Prog and FA all drop Primal Velium. Mobs inside drop Priceless Velium. Which is kinda the same thing without the proc.

Prismatic Velium weapons drop on the 'ST Reboot' trash garbage nightmare bull crap. The one where they add all the quest?

If I'm not mistaken:
ST v0.5: Velious at release, Sleeper not installed, MOTG/Prog/FA don't drop anything, 'Placeholder' Warders. Mobs drop Priceless.
ST v0.7: MOTG/Prog/FA drop Primal, Warders real, still don't drop anything, still no Sleeper.
ST v1.0: 'Real' Sleeper's Tomb
ST v1.5: Post Sleeper release; Primal still drops, Scales drop; essence lens quest active.
ST v2.0: Quests added, more mobs added, Kildrukhan, Vyskudra, Xeikshi'Kar mobs added, Prismatic drops.

What STOPs dropping between 1.0 and 1.5 though? Ancient Prismatic drops aren't until Luclin, correct?

Tecmos Deception
05-14-2013, 08:52 AM
No more SOD's, Robe's, Gnome Guise, etc.

webrunner5
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
We will have all killed ourselves from boredom before Velious comes out. So why worry about the Sleeper. :D WE will be the ones that will need to be awoken.

getsome
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I am sure a lot of folks will want a Dwarf illusion mask.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
I stand corrected. Nil has spoken. So be it. The sleeper will not be reset once awoken. I can live with that.

Good

zanderklocke
05-14-2013, 01:53 PM
What STOPs dropping between 1.0 and 1.5 though? Ancient Prismatic drops aren't until Luclin, correct?

The gnome illusion mask, some other non weapon equipment I guess like a monk shroud, and some range resist stones I think?

Maybe it would be cool if someone could make a list of all the drops that will disappear after the warders are permanently gone.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Take out item recharging too :P

Get some real Velious done, knowmsayin'.

Tecmos Deception
05-14-2013, 02:12 PM
We will have all killed ourselves from boredom before Velious comes out.

Speak for yourself!

Gwence
05-14-2013, 05:33 PM
The gnome illusion mask, some other non weapon equipment I guess like a monk shroud, and some range resist stones I think?

Maybe it would be cool if someone could make a list of all the drops that will disappear after the warders are permanently gone.

Anything the warders dropped except for primals will be gone.

gnome mask
shroud of longevity
some 2hb staff thing
some bracer with pretty nice +resists
all the range slot resistance stones
salindrite dagger
some pal/sk shield that doubles as a back slot item
some shitty mask since it wont have EE 3 on it
Smolder 1hs
4/12 1hb for int casters - decent for epicless people
writ of dragonkind

and my personal favorite!

DAINTY GLOVES!

If you wake the sleeper DAINTY GLOVES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME

Gwence
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
and SoD of course

zanderklocke
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
You know, if there isn't any added content after Velious on this server, it's not like we need any of those drops like resist stones anyways.

Granted, wishful thinking would be that there is custom content added, but again, that isn't exactly classic.

pharmakos
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM

lol

this plz