PDA

View Full Version : Simply Amazed

Insedeel
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
It's been a very long time since I looked into eq emulation, and I must say after spending an hour or two reading the forums, and just in general reading about this site that I am just awed by the level of dedication toward recreating the eq classic experience.

The time I've spent on this site reading what has been done to try to make this like classic like exp penalties for class/race combos being brought back, old loading screens, velious UI, even a site dedicated to giving us a resource for old quest/spell/item info, an eqatlas archive, etc, etc has made the nostalgia play with my heart strings like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS__rZw-re0) plays the strings on a fiddle.

Another thing that amazes me is how there actually seems to be a real solid and strong following of a community. That I see at this time of day (while most people are still at work) that there's over 1 page in the server discussion forum of posts that were posted today, and that there're over 500 people actively playing on the server right this very moment says volumes as to how much people trust this server to provide what they're after in a classic eq experience and to stick around for a long time.

I want to personally thank the developers that put this server together and expect donations from me when I play on your server to keep this server alive. THANK YOU!

That all being said, I hope to see you all in game, because I fully intend on getting this up and running for myself within a day or two here. Expect to see a new mage/druid/monk amidst you shortly.

Insedeel

oldhead
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
We have been desperate for classic for over 7 years. This is the first classic server ever created. Its been a long time coming.

Insedeel
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
We have been desperate for classic for over 7 years. This is the first classic server ever created. Its been a long time coming.

Agree entirely... I had almost given up hope.. lol

Alawen Everywhere
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
It's been a very long time since I looked into eq emulation, and I must say after spending an hour or two reading the forums, and just in general reading about this site that I am just awed by the level of dedication toward recreating the eq classic experience.

The time I've spent on this site reading what has been done to try to make this like classic like exp penalties for class/race combos being brought back, old loading screens, velious UI, even a site dedicated to giving us a resource for old quest/spell/item info, an eqatlas archive, etc, etc has made the nostalgia play with my heart strings like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS__rZw-re0) plays the strings on a fiddle.

Another thing that amazes me is how there actually seems to be a real solid and strong following of a community. That I see at this time of day (while most people are still at work) that there's over 1 page in the server discussion forum of posts that were posted today, and that there're over 500 people actively playing on the server right this very moment says volumes as to how much people trust this server to provide what they're after in a classic eq experience and to stick around for a long time.

I want to personally thank the developers that put this server together and expect donations from me when I play on your server to keep this server alive. THANK YOU!

That all being said, I hope to see you all in game, because I fully intend on getting this up and running for myself within a day or two here. Expect to see a new mage/druid/monk amidst you shortly.

Insedeel

Welcome! I'd recommend against druid main if you want to raid (there are about a million of us), but otherwise knock yourself out.

oldhead
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
While Alawen is correct about druids...

I would say thats bad advice.

Always play what you like. You will find a groups and raid guilds with any class if you play a class you truly enjoy.

Insedeel
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
While Alawen is correct about druids...

I would say thats bad advice.

Always play what you like. You will find a groups and raid guilds with any class if you play a class you truly enjoy.

Actually Magicians have always been my passion, so that'll be my main, and Monk is a close second. I love pets, and I love FD pulling (used to be one of the core monk FD pullers back in classic PoFear/Hate raids), and playing a melee class that has a small capability of soloing (good mitigation + mend, etc).

I probably won't be raiding anytime in the near future as I fully intend to play the game like I did back in the day. Taking full advantage of the intricate faction systems, and the story behind the races, working on my tailoring skill to make hand-crafted 10 slot bags and the like.

I may take up raiding sometime, but for now I just plain don't have the time I used to back in the day with now owning a house, having kids, and my memories of hell levels, and leveling speed of those days tells me it'll be months before I have a level 50 toon on the server lol!

oldhead
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I know the feeling... wife, kids, house, job...

Its tough to find time to play and this game requires long stretches of time to play effectively unless you always solo.

I love to group and hate to solo. Not just about the exp per hour to me although I do like fast exp.

vinx
06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
you dont wanna race to 50 like a shit ton of us did already anyway.
gets boring and they joy of makin alts dies after awhile, think i twinked every class already, played till 25-35 deleted that one and rerolled another lol

take your time and enjoy the ride..

im waiting for kunark now,.. watch server pop go from 800 to 1k+ overnight as all the retired and people on vacation come back :P

eqdruid76
07-01-2010, 12:56 AM

Not the first. But definitely the best.

Sarkhan
07-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I would also like to say

THANK YOU
to all involved for making this server become reality