PDA

View Full Version : Best indoor farming class? (solo & duo)

wwoneo
05-12-2013, 08:57 AM
The title says it all, what is the best indoor solo farming class? What's the best indoor Duo class combo?

SupaflyIRL
05-12-2013, 09:00 AM
ench, ench/cler or ench/sham

Rhambuk
05-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Throw necro in there

webrunner5
05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Go to http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80165 and you will get a idea who is good at your questions. Lot of interesting reading. But yeah Enchanter, Necro, Shaman probably in that order are up there.

Loraen, Tecmos, Catherin all Enchanters, have done some pretty scary stuff solo. Not counting other Enchanters. So they are tops indoor for sure. Duo wise Enchanter Shaman have a lot of the same spells. Cleric brings better heals with CH. Better HP buffs for the Enchanter and pet. As good of Root as a Shaman. But I don't see how you could go wrong with either with a Chanter. But with a Necro I would want the Shaman.

Sk, Cleric might be better than you think indoors, but not my first pick, but could get the job done on all but the really hardest mobs.

gotrocks
05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
1st/1st ench/sham, 2nd necro, 3rd ?

just imo

Hobie819
05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I always enjoyed farming on my mage on live.

Tecmos Deception
05-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Duo wise Enchanter Shaman have a lot of the same spells. Cleric brings better heals with CH. Better HP buffs for the Enchanter and pet. As good of Root as a Shaman.

They're equal right now, imo. Ench+cle is better for plowing through a bunch of trash mobs, but ench+sham is better at killing very difficult mobs. The thing webrunner doesn't mention that makes shamans as appealing a partner as clerics is that, even though the cle has superior buffs and heals + can help with stuns, the shaman has malo, malosini, the best slow in the game, and the ability to tank things reasonably well. Ench+cle leans too heavily on the chanter for stuff like spore king or drusella or whatever, sham takes some of the load off of the ench while also making the job easier overall.

It seems like the best thing for each duo is soon going to be obsolete though. Invis pull nerf/fix will stop ench+cle from pulling all of south (and sometimes some of east!) every spawn cycle, and it will stop ench+sham from duoing king (I think).

HeallunRumblebelly
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Shamans are good indoors. Once they obtain 2 sets of puppet strings, they become solo gods :P The secret to pulling lots of plat is being rich, who knew :3

HeallunRumblebelly
05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
They're equal right now, imo. Ench+cle is better for plowing through a bunch of trash mobs, but ench+sham is better at killing very difficult mobs. The thing webrunner doesn't mention that makes shamans as appealing a partner as clerics is that, even though the cle has superior buffs and heals + can help with stuns, the shaman has malo, malosini, the best slow in the game, and the ability to tank things reasonably well. Ench+cle leans too heavily on the chanter for stuff like spore king or drusella or whatever, sham takes some of the load off of the ench while also making the job easier overall.

It seems like the best thing for each duo is soon going to be obsolete though. Invis pull nerf/fix will stop ench+cle from pulling all of south (and sometimes some of east!) every spawn cycle, and it will stop ench+sham from duoing king (I think).

Monk/Shm should still be able to swing a 2 man king though. Invis assist the monk like before with pumice and then he'll have to split the 3 on top of the fort in the tunnel leading to the pipe room. Maybe they'll patch FD not to suck soon too? :P

I'm thinking it'll be easier to keep the top 3 rotating (may need assistance in the initial clear) But with some root nets on the monks part the shm should be able to get a priest solo which he can hold with slow/torpor til the monk /q's and returns. Then it'll just be reaver/reaver and will require some decent splitting--a similar situation would most likely occur with the shm having to hold 1 reaver momentarily.

Remember that in the suggested patchnotes, invis assist only affects the initial tag--you can still run the mobs by non see invis mobs after the tag so the pull spots before should still be fine. Just some musics, though. In velious it should be very easy for a raid geared shaman to hold that 1 reaver or 1 priest until the monk returns.

Tecmos Deception
05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Way off topic now, but err... one of us is misunderstanding the change apparently! I thought anything that has direct aggro on someone who is invis will cause a train of assisting mobs, whether those mobs can see invis or not.

Teppler
05-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Necro's vs undeads is just stupid strong.

Arkanjil
05-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I would have to say enc, shaman, necro in that order

SupaflyIRL
05-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Necro's vs undeads is just stupid strong.

necro vs undead is like enchanter vs any other mob with a lot less tools that help you kill bigger and badder things, gain FD and vexing mordinia lose a whole lot more

Splorf22
05-12-2013, 10:41 PM
necro vs undead is like enchanter vs any other mob

100% true except that necro pull tricks may become more valuable once the invis pulling nerf finally goes through

SupaflyIRL
05-12-2013, 10:47 PM
100% true except that necro pull tricks may become more valuable once the invis pulling nerf finally goes through

Yeah, that too but an Ench can sometimes afford to not split things a necro must. Necro caster CC is pretty abysmal while soloing because keeping 2-3 mobs mezzed eats up all your actions because of the bard-like mechanic of ST.

quido
05-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I think you're gonna die the least on a shaman, if that's any sort of real metric!

DOPE
05-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Maybe they'll patch FD not to suck soon too? :P

Any idea when that's supposed to happen? Haven't even logged my monk in ages, but what a bummer the FD change was.

webrunner5
05-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Any idea when that's supposed to happen? Haven't even logged my monk in ages, but what a bummer the FD change was.

I don't think there IS any patch in the works for FD as far as I have read or heard.::(

webrunner5
05-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Way off topic now, but err... one of us is misunderstanding the change apparently! I thought anything that has direct aggro on someone who is invis will cause a train of assisting mobs, whether those mobs can see invis or not.

Kanras Developer
wrote this 04-18-2013.

Pending update:
- Added the distinction between direct and indirect hate.
- Mobs with indirect hate (obtained by another mob yelling for help) on a target cannot yell for help to transfer hate for their target to another NPC.
- The only way to prevent the transfer of direct hate to another nearby NPC is to be sneaking in the proper area of that NPC's visibility. Invis/IVU/Hide etc. no longer have any impact on whether direct aggro will be transferred.

Infuriati
05-13-2013, 01:14 AM
Shaman, if you have plat - fungi and jbb at 45 can go all the way to 60 solo with any melle type mob. I've done this almost 3 times. Level 45 because then a Jaundiced Bone bracer can be used. GL bud.

Tecmos Deception
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Shaman, if you have plat - fungi and jbb at 45 can go all the way to 60 solo with any melle type mob. I've done this almost 3 times. Level 45 because then a Jaundiced Bone bracer can be used. GL bud.

Shaman is the best solo indoor farming class because if you have 130k to spare it can level up well vs. melee mobs? :rolleyes:

Tecmos Deception
05-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Kanras Developer
wrote this 04-18-2013.

Pending update:
- Added the distinction between direct and indirect hate.
- Mobs with indirect hate (obtained by another mob yelling for help) on a target cannot yell for help to transfer hate for their target to another NPC.
- The only way to prevent the transfer of direct hate to another nearby NPC is to be sneaking in the proper area of that NPC's visibility. Invis/IVU/Hide etc. no longer have any impact on whether direct aggro will be transferred.

Yeah, I've seen that. I am on the forums a lot, as you know.

Remember that in the suggested patchnotes, invis assist only affects the initial tag--you can still run the mobs by non see invis mobs after the tag so the pull spots before should still be fine.

What part of kanras's comments make you think this, Heallun? He doesn't say anywhere that stuff only applies to an initial tag. He DOES say, without qualification, that invis will not stop the transfer of direct aggro.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-13-2013, 08:58 AM

I was under the impression it was only on the initial tag (thus the needed direct vs indirect hate kanras was trying to find a workaround for)

HeallunRumblebelly
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I've seen that. I am on the forums a lot, as you know.

What part of kanras's comments make you think this, Heallun? He doesn't say anywhere that stuff only applies to an initial tag. He DOES say, without qualification, that invis will not stop the transfer of direct aggro.

Hrm. Perhaps the initially tagged target will continue "yelling for help" during the pull. I'm uncertain ~ If that's the case then this camp just got really shitty :P

Tecmos Deception
05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I figured the indirect was needed or else direct aggroing 1 mob could potentially chain-reaction-aggro an entire zone.

Nirgon
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Depends on what you farmin...

SK/sham can stomp single mobs really easy.

Enc/clr probably best or enc/sham (malise line is dope stacked with tash on charmed mobs)

Teppler
05-13-2013, 10:21 AM
necro vs undead is like enchanter vs any other mob with a lot less tools that help you kill bigger and badder things, gain FD and vexing mordinia lose a whole lot more

Well not exactly. Necro's also get Demi Lich which is +31 mana regen vs C2 which is +11 mana regen. Necro's have great DoTs and massive undead nukes that hit hard and fast.

Splorf22
05-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Well not exactly. Necro's also get Demi Lich which is +31 mana regen vs C2 which is +11 mana regen. Necro's have great DoTs and massive undead nukes that hit hard and fast.

Actually Enchanters get taps which are 20 mana/tick on average and don't drain your HP, and there are so many caster mobs in Kunark that you can use them in every high-level dungeon, although KC is a bit low.

The big advantage you have as an enchanter is against summoning mobs. A necro has screaming terror: 2.5s, 1 target. An enchanter has color shift+mesmerization (1.5s for the stun, 3 targets). Plus the enchanter has tash/slow to really pussify the target mob; only the pet really counts.

Personally I think necros are very underrated at 55+. Everyone plays them ezmode up to 50 and then doesn't switch to using the extremely powerful heals/charm in the kunark levels. But lets face it: a necros best strategy is to play like a slightly gimp enchanter. Poor Nordenwatch barely even plays his necro any more :D

Ephirith
05-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Just make an enchanter. Not simply because they are OP beyond belief, but because there isn't a playstyle quite like it anywhere else. The idea of a class that controls chaos is just fun; I don't think any other class in EQ has as direct a line between your efficacy as a player and your ability to utterly dominate a situation or change the fortunes of a group or raid.

I would at least give it a try; it's unlikely the enchanter class is a mechanic we'll see in a mainstream MMO ever again.

Also, you can duo effectively with almost any spellcaster. I did enchanter/shaman from 1-51 and it was just nuts. As stated above, do ench/sham or ench/cler for high end nutso farming.

Teppler
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually Enchanters get taps which are 20 mana/tick on average and don't drain your HP, and there are so many caster mobs in Kunark that you can use them in every high-level dungeon, although KC is a bit low.

The big advantage you have as an enchanter is against summoning mobs. A necro has screaming terror: 2.5s, 1 target. An enchanter has color shift+mesmerization (1.5s for the stun, 3 targets). Plus the enchanter has tash/slow to really pussify the target mob; only the pet really counts.

Personally I think necros are very underrated at 55+. Everyone plays them ezmode up to 50 and then doesn't switch to using the extremely powerful heals/charm in the kunark levels. But lets face it: a necros best strategy is to play like a slightly gimp enchanter. Poor Nordenwatch barely even plays his necro any more :D

Yeah, honestly I don't know Chanters THAT well. Necro's do get a poverty mez but it's better than no mez and they get the 3 minute root. They still have nice DoT's, undead DDs, FD, harm shields. Mana skin is awesome but chanters get better runes. Also it seems like chanters have to have a good amount of gear for + cha while necros can go straight to +hp and mana items.

You utilize mana taps a lot when your doing your solo challenges?

HeallunRumblebelly
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
I figured the indirect was needed or else direct aggroing 1 mob could potentially chain-reaction-aggro an entire zone.

So does this mean post-tag at some point the mobs chasing you who initially had indirect hate will then have direct hate? Blegh :P

Tecmos Deception
05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
So does this mean post-tag at some point the mobs chasing you who initially had indirect hate will then have direct hate? Blegh :P

Treats seemed to be saying that there was a radius around your character that, once a mob with indirect hate gets closer than that to you, it then has direct hate. Not sure if that's what will happen on here though.

Splorf22
05-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah, honestly I don't know Chanters THAT well. Necro's do get a poverty mez but it's better than no mez and they get the 3 minute root. They still have nice DoT's, undead DDs, FD, harm shields. Mana skin is awesome but chanters get better runes. Also it seems like chanters have to have a good amount of gear for + cha while necros can go straight to +hp and mana items.

You utilize mana taps a lot when your doing your solo challenges?

Like I say, I agree. I think necros are a bit underrated at high levels.

Also you should think of manatap more like harvest with strange rules. NPCs have like 8k mana so they don't really notice the -400, but you really notice the +400. I use it whenever its up and there is a caster mob :D

August
05-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Like I say, I agree. I think necros are a bit underrated at high levels.

Also you should think of manatap more like harvest with strange rules. NPCs have like 8k mana so they don't really notice the -400, but you really notice the +400. I use it whenever its up and there is a caster mob :D

This is why I hated KC basement, besides the terrible XP. All skeletons, no curates :(

webrunner5
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Treats seemed to be saying that there was a radius around your character that, once a mob with indirect hate gets closer than that to you, it then has direct hate. Not sure if that's what will happen on here though.

The more threads I read about Invis/FD/Sneak pulling the more confused I get. I find it seems to vary a bit with different zones. But I do know the original Devs designed different zones so they vary that way agro wise. And with mobs that see invis and not etc, etc, etc. Some zones I just have to run out to get agro off, some I can FD and loose them, or split them. I hate it. I know pulling has Never been easy on eq, but P1999 seems to ALWAYS be weird no matter what u do.

It ought to get really damn interesting when Velious comes out. Lots of Wipes! :eek::eek: Being a puller on here is no easy task as of late. :(

Cippofra
05-13-2013, 02:37 PM
The more threads I read about Invis/FD/Sneak pulling the more confused I get. I find it seems to vary a bit with different zones. But I do know the original Devs designed different zones so they vary that way agro wise. And with mobs that see invis and not etc, etc, etc. Some zones I just have to run out to get agro off, some I can FD and loose them, or split them. I hate it. I know pulling has Never been easy on eq, but P1999 seems to ALWAYS be weird no matter what u do.

It ought to get really damn interesting when Velious comes out. Lots of Wipes! :eek::eek: Being a puller on here is no easy task as of late. :(

Messing around in lower guk it seems mobs above level 35 dont lose aggro about 95% of the time. I can aggro this same mob, run out of aggro range of any mobs at all, fd, come back 15 minutes later and he still runs back. No choice but to fd and /q. Im certainly no min maxer, but theres no way this can be correct

Liia
05-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Donal's BP + Epic Mage is all you need imo.

Aeolwind
05-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Messing around in lower guk it seems mobs above level 35 dont lose aggro about 95% of the time. I can aggro this same mob, run out of aggro range of any mobs at all, fd, come back 15 minutes later and he still runs back. No choice but to fd and /q. Im certainly no min maxer, but theres no way this can be correct

That is correct. Until they added the 'autoforget' in Luclin, you had to work hard. But you could do some amazing stuff with the current classic version of pulling.