PDA

View Full Version : I am Stumped.

Damaja
06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
just now I had a Dark Elf run up to my Necro. he cast Sow on me and my pet. So I PM'ed him asking how he did that as a Dark Elf because there is no Dark Elf class that has SoW. He replies (Mask of the Deceiver). I tell him ok, thats Rogue/bard only ... how do you do it ..... he does not reply.

Maybe I have just been a way for too long and have forgotten something but explain to me how he cast SoW on me .... even if he had the Mask on, he would have been a bard or Rogue and neither can cast SoW.

Nocte
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
The mask was originally ALL/ALL with a slightly different name. There are a few people that got the original version before the P99 server nerfed it (as was done originally).

Damaja
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
That explains it then
They should have nerfed the old ones as well then. Sucks that we can't get the same stuff :(

Nocte
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
They didn't nerf the old ones in EQ Live, it's just a benefit from having been around the server longer.

Phallax
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Mask of the Deceiver is the current dropping mask. The one he most likely has is Guise of the Deceiver, the no longer dropped version.

Having pre-nerf items is a mile stone for most players and gives some unique feel to certain players that were able to obtain them. Not so much on the Emu because they knew it would happen but more so on live, imo.

Aeolwind
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Mask of Deception is the current

Guise of the Deceiver was the pre-nerf.

Phallax
06-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Mask of Deception is the current

Guise of the Deceiver was the pre-nerf.

oh deception, gah fook me

slydexx
06-30-2010, 02:17 AM
That explains it then
They should have nerfed the old ones as well then. Sucks that we can't get the same stuff :(

Why nerf the old ones? because you can't get one so no one else should have it either? grow up.

JayDee
06-30-2010, 02:31 AM
They nerfed the mask far too early when the max players reached at any one time was like 200.

Kind of lame for all the large races who will never get an illusion item to shrink themselves in much needed dungeons. Looks like you will be buying shrink pots for life.

Frankee
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
yea, sucked that i was late to the game on that one as an ogre warrior >_<

guineapig
06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
There are probably tons on the server as LGuk has been farmed since the moment people weer high enough level to handle the zone.

However most of the people that got them back in the day either are playing alts or don't play anymore. There were times (not too long ago) when I would be in groups where everyone was using DE illusion.

Aarone
06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
yea, sucked that i was late to the game on that one as an ogre warrior >_<

DORF POWAH! :D :D :D

Atennu
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
They nerfed the mask far too early when the max players reached at any one time was like 200.

Kind of lame for all the large races who will never get an illusion item to shrink themselves in much needed dungeons. Looks like you will be buying shrink pots for life.

It was more like 400 -450 but ok. Timelines dont revolve around you.