PDA

View Full Version : Clerics, Druids, and Enchanters

Itap
05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
yep. still gotta do Druid, Cleric, and Enchanter on blue. just getting red caught up.

What are your predictions for the remaining BotB?

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:34 AM
What are your predictions for the remaining BotB?

druid/cleric/enchanter = a very boring botb imo

Ele
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Anything is better than shamans.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Anything is better than shamans.

The horrors of the druid botb are unlike any other.

Enchanter is pretty bad ass because I believe training is legal.

Now if we can only get mobs to pass on aggro to players when they get pulled pass and are appropriately kos!

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Enchanter is pretty bad ass because I believe training is legal.

Isn't the botb held in the arena, a mob free zone?

enc nukes for the win

Ele
05-14-2013, 11:39 AM
enchanter botb just won't be the same without Staff of the Silent Star (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5855)

Ele
05-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Isn't the botb held in the arena, a mob free zone?

enc nukes for the win

Enchanter rule set is still being elusive in my Internet archive dives, but Enchanter Botb involved 4-5 mobs being spawned at each corner and center of the platform for charm fodder and required CC.

Clerics get to duel each other while at the same time keeping a gladiator alive, if their gladiator dies or the cleric dies, then they lose.

Druids gets to beat on each other and use limited clickies (Epic/Drones of Doom vambrace/bracer)

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:42 AM
botb isnt a 1v1 is it, all competitors to the arena last man standing wins right?

makes it a little more interesting when enc can charm each other against each other...

Itap
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
enchanter botb just won't be the same without Staff of the Silent Star (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5855)

How about Enchanter with RoA?

Ele
botb isnt a 1v1 is it, all competitors to the arena last man standing wins right?

makes it a little more interesting when enc can charm each other against each other...

BotB is 1 on 1, bracketed. Besides can't charm PCs.

Rhambuk
Enchanter rule set is still being elusive in my Internet archive dives, but Enchanter Botb involved 4-5 mobs being spawned at each corner and center of the platform for charm fodder and required CC.

Clerics get to duel each other while at the same time keeping a gladiator alive, if their gladiator dies or the cleric dies, then they lose.

Druids gets to beat on each other and use limited clickies (Epic/Drones of Doom vambrace/bracer)

oooh thats very different from what i recall, but think i only saw war or rog botb on live.

Definitely more interesting now.

Ele
05-14-2013, 11:44 AM
How about Enchanter with RoA?

Could be fun too. Much rarer on live :P

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Druid could absolutely use clickies

Enchanter had mobs spawned but its the only botb that I missed, except cleric.. I think no spectators were allowed for that one?

The test of tactics is the best shit. Hopefully we can do some cross server fights.

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
except cleric.. I think no spectators were allowed for that one?

why would there be no spectators for any of the botb?

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't know but I was on RZ. I seem to recall they cut off spectators but that's one where I definitely wasn't ring side.

We had to be there for the pvp that broke out afterwards =).

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't know but I was on RZ. I seem to recall they cut off spectators but that's one where I definitely wasn't ring side.

We had to be there for the pvp that broke out afterwards =).

yeah i could see on rz this being a problem, i remember low level noobs running into the arena while the gm's were explaining the rules etc, they got a quick port to trakanons spawnpoint lol

Ele
05-14-2013, 11:50 AM
why would there be no spectators for any of the botb?

No spectators for enchanter BotB due to the mobs being spawned in the arena which could potential go for the people watching rather than the enchanters.

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
No spectators for enchanter BotB due to the mobs being spawned in the arena which could potential go for the people watching rather than the enchanters.

ahh i gotcha. shame, enc botb with mobs could be fun to watch.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Just sit outside the arena and listen to the screams of "train" and Sirken's Shao Kahn laugh from the throne.

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 11:55 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4706262979314255&pid=1.7&w=266&h=179&c=7&rs=1

Itap
05-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Could be fun too. Much rarer on live :P

There are quite a few top enchanters with RoAs on this server lol, will be cool to watch

Itap
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM

Does Druid epic give a big advantage? I remember the DoT doesn't stack with other DoTs

Ele
05-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Does Druid epic give a big advantage? I remember the DoT doesn't stack with other DoTs

epic resisted like crazy in pvp on live, the epic dot stacks just fine with other dots, snare/root not so much,

drones of doom on the other hand...

xarzzardorn
05-14-2013, 01:42 PM
thought epics werent allowed except for the monk

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM

be kind of silly if they limit what gear you can use, make everyone lvl 60 naked to keep things fair...

Ele
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM

clickies, including epics, are generally not allowed per the rule sets, druid ruleset specifically allows for epic clickie and drones of doom clickies.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I bet it lands pretty handily here and will have some coaching provided for select druids

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 02:39 PM
clickies, including epics, are generally not allowed per the rule sets, druid ruleset specifically allows for epic clickie and drones of doom clickies.

no clickies... i could understsand sham pots or purchased clickies but if its an equip clicky that your class can equip it should be allowable imo.

Itap
05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Ele, what are your predictions :)

Ele
05-14-2013, 03:14 PM
no clickies... i could understsand sham pots or purchased clickies but if its an equip clicky that your class can equip it should be allowable imo.

We've been using the rule sets as mostly set forth back in 2000-2001.

Nirgon
05-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Minus the no ringers exception

Ele
05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Minus the no ringers exception

travesty imo, titles should be stripped

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
We've been using the rule sets as mostly set forth back in 2000-2001.

Definitely go by the classic rules, i just don't know why they would disallow clickies..

webrunner5
05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Well since there is like 3,000 Druids on P1999 but only like 3 of them have a Epic, :eek: I bet Vegas could put pretty good odds who will win. My money is on Portsche if she enters. Talk about uber gear. :)

Ele
05-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Well since there is like 3,000 Druids on P1999 but only like 3 of them have a Epic, :eek: I bet Vegas could put pretty good odds who will win. My money is on Portsche if she enters. Talk about uber gear. :)

Hates PVP, doubt Portsche will partake.

Itap
05-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Hates PVP, doubt Portsche will partake.

Only druids Ive seen with epic;

Portsche
Tassle

I'm sure there are more, just none active

Aata
05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Loraen v Catherin in the final...?

webrunner5
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Now that would be worth seeing. Good call. But have to bring Tecmos into also.

Itap
05-15-2013, 07:58 PM

I was definitely thinking this..biased with Cath of course :p

Tasslehofp99
05-16-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm not very experienced with PVP on everquest aside from the few duels I've had with folks on p99 messing around. I wouldn't make any predictions though as far as the outcomes just due to the simple fact that pvp resists on blue (maybe red too?) seem so out of whack.

What I mean is, root lands at 215 MR...this shouldn't happen. I've had wildfire landed on me with 280 Fire resist, that should probably not happen as well. Either way, the only prediction I make is anyone who chooses to try clicking their ES vambs/Epic clicky will most likely be losing the match. Don't quote me on this but the ES vambs are a 7 sec cast (maybe 9?) Epic clicky is 9 seconds or so too? In that time you can pretty much kill any druid who isn't healing themselves.

Kagatob
05-16-2013, 03:33 AM
BotB is 1 on 1, bracketed. Besides can't charm PCs.

Not classic. :)

Itap
05-16-2013, 07:26 AM
I'm not very experienced with PVP on everquest aside from the few duels I've had with folks on p99 messing around. I wouldn't make any predictions though as far as the outcomes just due to the simple fact that pvp resists on blue (maybe red too?) seem so out of whack.

What I mean is, root lands at 215 MR...this shouldn't happen. I've had wildfire landed on me with 280 Fire resist, that should probably not happen as well. Either way, the only prediction I make is anyone who chooses to try clicking their ES vambs/Epic clicky will most likely be losing the match. Don't quote me on this but the ES vambs are a 7 sec cast (maybe 9?) Epic clicky is 9 seconds or so too? In that time you can pretty much kill any druid who isn't healing themselves.

You make a good point. Resists are not how they were back in live, so the game plan will be much different. I'm sure we can get nirgon in here and chime in on it ;)

Kagatob
05-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Enchanters/Bards charming other players being classic hasn't been addressed yet. :)

Splorf22
05-17-2013, 01:41 AM

Well having spent just a little time on the PVP server (and mostly fighting massively geared twinks):

1. Dispell is unresistable. There is really no point to shielding or GRM or whatever because 1 cast of recant will take it all down, and no clickies are allowed to at least give you a chance to get some trash buffs on. When you combine that with tash (and cure poison potions are a clicky!) people will be running around with 60-80MR or so depending on how tricked out they are.

2. Everyone will be totally unbuffed and in resist gear, in other words with maybe 1200 hp or so depending on gear.

3. Combine those two and you'll probably only need 3 nukes to win, and at 70ish MR nukes will land 2/3 of the time. Since Enchanter nukes are also interrupts, the moron who simply chains Discordant Mind/Dementia has a legit chance to win.

4. Rapture is unresistable and crimson pots are a clicky. So the moron who simply chains rapture/whirl/nuke has a real chance to win.

5. The other option is to rapture your opponent and sick a hasted/dual wielding pet on him. With only 1200 hp it really won't take much to finish him and you can also get in some whirls to maybe prevent a dispell.

So I think the Enchanter BOTB will mostly be a coinflip, with the TMO enchanters and their PD gear having a small edge.

Also I don't think I'll do anything amazing in the BOTB. I may know a bit more about some of these things than the average eqer, but I don't think I have super special reflexes or anything. Mostly I just find it fun to try stuff like the solo artist challenge. I think most of the 60 enchanters on the server could do what I do if they were willing to farm up some decent gear and simply spend the time learning the zone patterns, perfecting the strategies, and dying a lot :D, its just that not everyone finds that kind of thing fun.

Jenithia
05-17-2013, 02:36 AM
Only druids Ive seen with epic;

Portsche
Tassle

I'm sure there are more, just none active

There's a bunch of us with salad shooters floating around, I mostly just play in the middle of the night though :)

I'd love to give it a whirl but I'm pretty bad at PvP, its probably on a day I work anyway.

Kagatob
05-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Enchanters/Bards charming other players being classic hasn't been addressed yet. :)

ArumTP
05-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Anyone remember how and whatnot the warrior the cleric will have to keep alive?
I heard they will be equally geared, but on the other hand if eabon is behind the keyboard vs and random_warrior_01 it would play out similar to the warror botb.

Resists are out of wack, so stuns would land all day. Probably would only land remedy CE, and an occasional DL. Its just not viable to start a CH run and stop where you started.

Cleric winner will be the one with the most natural HP and largest mana pool. Something dwarf likely.

Rhambuk
05-19-2013, 08:10 AM
1. Dispell is unresistable. There is really no point to shielding or GRM or whatever because 1 cast of recant will take it all down, and no clickies are allowed to at least give you a chance to get some trash buffs on. When you combine that with tash (and cure poison potions are a clicky!) people will be running around with 60-80MR or so depending on how tricked out they are.

2. Everyone will be totally unbuffed and in resist gear, in other words with maybe 1200 hp or so depending on gear.

3. Combine those two and you'll probably only need 3 nukes to win, and at 70ish MR nukes will land 2/3 of the time. Since Enchanter nukes are also interrupts, the moron who simply chains Discordant Mind/Dementia has a legit chance to win.

4. Rapture is unresistable and crimson pots are a clicky. So the moron who simply chains rapture/whirl/nuke has a real chance to win.

5. The other option is to rapture your opponent and sick a hasted/dual wielding pet on him. With only 1200 hp it really won't take much to finish him and you can also get in some whirls to maybe prevent a dispell.

sounds awful to watch imo

Ele
05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Anyone remember how and whatnot the warrior the cleric will have to keep alive?
I heard they will be equally geared, but on the other hand if eabon is behind the keyboard vs and random_warrior_01 it would play out similar to the warror botb.

Resists are out of wack, so stuns would land all day. Probably would only land remedy CE, and an occasional DL. Its just not viable to start a CH run and stop where you started.

Cleric winner will be the one with the most natural HP and largest mana pool. Something dwarf likely.

original gladiators were level 45 ogre warriors wearing full fine steel and EBWs controlled by GMs/guides that turn on auto attack and move forward to stay in melee range of each other. Probably could be effected with NPCs on this server.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
cleric botb started last early week, gm's created an app to monitor no cheating. They are all just locked in a private Arena zone. Reports so far, first round is still kind of tense; first two contestants are still about 90% health, it's a squeeker.

A1551
05-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Not classic. :)

I dunno about blue servers but you couldn't charm PC's by this point in the timeline at least on Rallos Zek.

My #1 favorite laugh my ass off memory of EQ was being charmed and then forced to attack the guards outside of neriak, lol. I suppose at the time it wasn't as funny but in hindsight that's some hilarious stuff. Needless to say shenanigans like that lead to a fairly early in the EQ lifecycle nerf making it impossible to charm other players.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-19-2013, 11:14 AM
I dunno about blue servers but you couldn't charm PC's by this point in the timeline at least on Rallos Zek.

My #1 favorite laugh my ass off memory of EQ was being charmed and then forced to attack the guards outside of neriak, lol. I suppose at the time it wasn't as funny but in hindsight that's some hilarious stuff. Needless to say shenanigans like that lead to a fairly early in the EQ lifecycle nerf making it impossible to charm other players.

it's utter nonsense like that, that is why lots of love old eq. Because that is just pure silly gameworld fun right there.

Or what about uber-buffing and arming a charmed pet, then letting it loose somewhere to cause mega damage?

And: can you imagine any game today letting "oversights" like that slip through? It would be found out, exploited, and turned into a way to "beat the game" in a half hour.

Meanwhile us old players, we tended to just use shit like that for a good laugh, and often give free rezzes or rebuffs to the newbs who got caught in it.

"Doesn't anybody remember laughter?" - Sir Robert Plant.