PDA

View Full Version : Best method for PL as a Druid

miraculous
05-14-2013, 03:30 PM
A friend and I have been debating different methods of power leveling.

The two methods we have been looking at are:

1. Having him DS/Snare a ton of undead mobs and I can tag each one of them one at a time. Then they will kill themselves by hitting his damage shield and the XP will go to me. I would imagine this would have a lot of downtime due to medding for mana. This is all done with mobs around the lvl of the enchanter.

2. The other method that we have tried going to a higher level zone where he can Charm and kill a mob and then snare it. The mob then stops running, he then breaks charm. Then myself and another melee class around my lvl (preferabbly a monk/rogue) can come in and melee the high lvl mob down the rest of the way.

Any thoughts on which one of these are more effective? Looking for the Pro's and Con's to each method.

Thanks in advance!

Samoht
05-14-2013, 04:05 PM
the problem with number 1 is... how long it takes. the druid will get too many misses/dodges.

the problem with number 2 is... how long it takes. it sometimes takes forever for the charmed/attacked creatures to get low health, and you have to be extremely careful of when to break the charm as to not get one of them killed or alternatively not leave one too high. plus, as a druid, you can only charm animals (and plants if you did the quest), so good luck finding enough.

my favourite was always DS/regen the PLee and let him run around and kill mobs closer to his own level and spot heal as needed. NPCs won't miss too much, and unless you're going like level + 10, things won't hit that hard.

webrunner5
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I am not sure if you are talking about the Druid Pling a lower person. But if you are you, as the Pling Druid, buff the hell out of the person being Pled, give them Thorns and the Druid runs around rounding up mobs with Thorns also and comes back and Makes a Shaman Canni dance look like a waltz with attack off. The person getting Pled has to hit each one at least once with some damage. The Druid is the one jumping up and down like a crazy man taking nearly all the damage to them. :eek: Rinse and repeat. And piss the hell out of everyone else in the zone.

Rhambuk
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
port port port port port port port

take donations hire a monk/necro to pl your friend.

Swifty
05-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Both 1 and 2 works.

3. Druid dots a mob near ZL, have the player that you powerlvl hit it for 1+ dam. Now root and zone out once its a 5% HP, then the person that hit it gets all the exp. at lower lvls thats like 20% pr kill.

kenzar
05-14-2013, 05:50 PM
1.Get yourself a Robe of the Spring or Elder Spiritist's Greaves.

2. Buff PL target with everything, but when it comes to HP buff, use your Robe or ES greaves instead of Natureskin.

3. Have PL target agro everything they can, and start trying to hit every individual mob for at least 1 pt of dmg. Optionally, the druid can pull smaller groups of say 5-10 mobs instead of letting a very low level just get eaten faster than the Robe or Greaves can cast.

4. Just sit back and spam Robe or Greaves and smile, because you will never run out of mana, and your PL target will never die.

5. Optional, put the Robe/Greaves with a manastone eliminates a large portion of any downtime that you might incur while casting DS every 6min; It helps.

6. Remember to click your AoN in between Robe/Greaves casts, just to reiterate that you are in fact, a boss.

Robe effectively gives target 140hp/6sec regen (280hp heal/12sec cast), and the Greaves aren't far behind with 110hp/6sec regen(220hp heal/12 sec cast). Couple that with a fungi regen, or a regrowth(both ideally), or if you are really fancy you can just click your ES bp on them for a mana free chloro. I used this method very successfully on Minyin, its literally free plat. I've taken a monk from 1-50 in less than 1 day played.

If you are serious about powerleveling a toon, the process above, coupled with the locations below should net u a 55+ toon in a couple (2) days.

lvl 1-20: Unrest (starting in yard and progressing through house to basement)
lvl 21-35: Uguk (Lord area)
lvl 36-45: Lguk (start in bedroom, move through spiders/bats to gargoyles. repeat)
lvl 46-50+: Solb (Anything really, BnB is really good)
lvl 51-60: Karnor's Castle (Although I did PL Perun in Charasis for a few levels, though it should be noted he had a Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding, so results may vary. But KC should do the trick.)

Sarius
05-14-2013, 07:05 PM
The best method that I have seen is this:

1) go to high level zone (like kedge)
2) Druid buffs up pl'ee with HP buff only
3) Druid DS self and uses Kiva's potion for extra 25pt DS (at lvl 50)
4) Druid pulls one mob away from the others, casts snare twice for agro, and lets mob beat self to death on Druid. Druid can sit in order to ensure mob connects, but will need regen and perhaps a few heals
5) PL'ee hits mob once for full xp

This method works very well. Any questions feel free to ask

lecompte
05-14-2013, 07:48 PM
port port port port port port port

take donations hire a monk/necro to pl your friend.

Well, there are PLs then there is assisted leveling ;p. I think he is more on to the assisted leveling route.

Druids work great up to maybe 30 but after that.... but so long as you are invested in helping your friend he/she will level much faster than they would alone. My biggest advice is to level in zones with a large zone experience modifier (ZEM).

Kenzar's method requires some mega gear and when he says 2 days he means 48 solid hours, based on this thread I'm guessing you dun have that kinda gear.

miraculous
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the advice so far!

Questio for Samoht, your method seems very similar to the Druid Charm technique, but can be performed on other mobs besides animals. My question is, unless they are undead they aren't going to kill themselves on the DS. They are going to turn and run. In that situation how do you recommend the PLee finish off the mob if it can't really hit it? If I were a melee char instead of a chanter I could just sit and swing on it til it dies, but I can't hit it with any spells as an enchanter.

Sarius
05-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Do at least 11 points of damage and then have Druid cast lvl 4 root spell

miraculous
05-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Maybe I am missing something, what does the 11 damage and root spell do?

How does the root spell stop you from having to kill it?

Dweed
05-14-2013, 11:45 PM
A mob won't run if it is rooted, so it will keep taking DS damage below 20% hp. The lowest druid root deals 10dmg, so the person getting PLed needs to deal 11dmg for full exp.

kenzar
05-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Kenzar's method requires some mega gear and when he says 2 days he means 48 solid hours, based on this thread I'm guessing you dun have that kinda gear.

Well, he did ask for the "Best" method :)

And yeah, ~48hrs play time.

Splorf22
05-15-2013, 12:27 AM
1 hour / level up to L50 is pretty decent.

My personal opinion is that its a bit better for the druid to tank until the plee is 30+. There is just such a huge difference in mitigation between a 55+ char and a 15 char.

Handull
05-15-2013, 12:46 AM
1.Get yourself a Robe of the Spring or Elder Spiritist's Greaves.

2. Buff PL target with everything, but when it comes to HP buff, use your Robe or ES greaves instead of Natureskin.

3. Have PL target agro everything they can, and start trying to hit every individual mob for at least 1 pt of dmg. Optionally, the druid can pull smaller groups of say 5-10 mobs instead of letting a very low level just get eaten faster than the Robe or Greaves can cast.

4. Just sit back and spam Robe or Greaves and smile, because you will never run out of mana, and your PL target will never die.

5. Optional, put the Robe/Greaves with a manastone eliminates a large portion of any downtime that you might incur while casting DS every 6min; It helps.

6. Remember to click your AoN in between Robe/Greaves casts, just to reiterate that you are in fact, a boss.

Robe effectively gives target 140hp/6sec regen (280hp heal/12sec cast), and the Greaves aren't far behind with 110hp/6sec regen(220hp heal/12 sec cast). Couple that with a fungi regen, or a regrowth(both ideally), or if you are really fancy you can just click your ES bp on them for a mana free chloro. I used this method very successfully on Minyin, its literally free plat. I've taken a monk from 1-50 in less than 1 day played.

If you are serious about powerleveling a toon, the process above, coupled with the locations below should net u a 55+ toon in a couple (2) days.

lvl 1-20: Unrest (starting in yard and progressing through house to basement)
lvl 21-35: Uguk (Lord area)
lvl 36-45: Lguk (start in bedroom, move through spiders/bats to gargoyles. repeat)
lvl 46-50+: Solb (Anything really, BnB is really good)
lvl 51-60: Karnor's Castle (Although I did PL Perun in Charasis for a few levels, though it should be noted he had a Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding, so results may vary. But KC should do the trick.)

Sounds legit. Last time I PL'd anyone was at level 58, pre-fungi and before Minyin sold me his RotS. Especially with the way mobs bash now, this might be the only route to take. Before the bash changes I would say the best way to PL 1-20 is to pull literally half of unrest at a time, with full buffs on the druid, DS tanking, and having the low level do 1 dmg to most mobs (11 dmg to the few that run). This was about 1 level per pull up to the high teens and you were really only limited by the zone repop time. When doing this you could also wear a fungi while pulling for extra regen, and use tree form when you aren't moving. This also used to work really well in Lguk when the undead didn't run. I never tried doing it in CoM, but I imagine a 60 raid geared druid could have DS tanked mobs there before the bash change.

With mobs bashing like crazy now, its harder to druid tank large groups of mobs and get a heal off, let alone a robe click.

lecompte
05-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Makes me wonder how fast a character can be got to 50... I can get a char to 30 in 5 to 5.5 hours, I don't know how fast that is relative to others, then I'm not sure how fast Capi can get someone from 30-50 but it would be interesting experiment.

xCry0x
05-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Makes me wonder how fast a character can be got to 50... I can get a char to 30 in 5 to 5.5 hours, I don't know how fast that is relative to others, then I'm not sure how fast Capi can get someone from 30-50 but it would be interesting experiment.

Posted something about this a few weeks ago, think it came out to estimated 12 hours assuming the times people claim are accurate. Someone said they did bard swarm feeding for 30-50 in 6-7 hours.

webrunner5
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
It would have to be a Bard to go that fast, no pun. Hard to believe the re pops would happen that fast. They kill a lot of mobs at once. but it takes time to kill them. I always hated Pling someone through their 30's. Man its slow. :eek:

Droog007
05-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Follow this person around: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=959273&postcount=1

If they RageQuit, you are doing it right.

baramur
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Monk can power level a 30 to 50 in about 12 hours. We leveled a rogue to 50 and got him epic in 22hours.

rsloans84
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I got pled from 10-33 in 5 hours from 60 monk... Thats fastest ive lvled and ive swarmed as a bard but can only get 2 lvls an hour or so