PDA

View Full Version : Sarnak Earring of Station

Feanoir
05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I've read up on who drops it, what zones, mobs etc... I'm wondering if a 22 paladin would be able to get into a group at the sarnak fort in hopes of getting an earring drop. I'm really in need up upgrading from my 2+ sta earrings I got from the TM quests in crushbone, and don't exactly have the platinum for much better. Being a High Elf, I could really use the str with my AC. I'm willing to spend the crazy hours required grouping here, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to make the trip. I won't be able to solo the mobs for the drop, and a /who all lake the past few times I've played has not lead to promising numbers of peeps in the zone for a group. Any advice here?

falkun
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Personally, I recommend Diamondine Earrings (http://wiki.project1999.org/Diamondine_Earring).

But if you must have Earrings of Station, either BYOG or just wait until you can solo the Sarnaks and farm them yourself.

quido
05-20-2013, 11:55 AM
They're pretty rare. You can kill Sarnaks for 12 hours and the odds are probably against you getting one.

fennixad
05-22-2013, 08:11 AM
im ranger lvl 32.5 i have been soloing on sarnak fort since lvl 30. so 2.5 lvls killing those mobs, and no one drops.

Nitholias01
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Personally, I recommend Diamondine Earrings (http://wiki.project1999.org/Diamondine_Earring).

But if you must have Earrings of Station, either BYOG or just wait until you can solo the Sarnaks and farm them yourself.

What he said. Problem is, according to wiki and Zam, only the caster types drop them and melee have a tough time as it is with pesky casters. It just seems that they are always undercons when soloing. I plan on leveling my monk past 40 then returning to the fort to destroy me some adherents :)

Sylexis
05-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I spent about 16 hours there solo in my high 40's and got two, but that was pretty much mass killing without stopping. Maybe 1 earring per 600-700 kills?

Nitholias01
05-23-2013, 09:41 PM
I spent about 16 hours there solo in my high 40's and got two, but that was pretty much mass killing without stopping. Maybe 1 earring per 600-700 kills?

Were you picking off the casters or wiping the fort?

Sylexis
05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Were you picking off the casters or wiping the fort?

I started picking off the casters at first but since they potentially respawn in many places I just started wiping the fort instead.

Feanoir
05-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Any idea of what level you should be to group or solo the fort? I thought I remembered grouping there in my twenties on live but castters seem to be mid to high twenties on the wiki . That would leave me to think mid twenties for group 30 for solo?

A1551
05-27-2013, 12:40 AM
For people who have camped these, assuming youre just clearing the fort how rare are the bracers of the hidden off the legos in relation to the earrings of station? Just curious really!

Ennewi
05-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Camped these on monk last year, spent hours. Managed to outfit the monk and an alt with 2 EoS's each before I saw a bracer, plus a few earrings went to passersby and one to rot. Went hours without even seeing vendor loot besides gems of course and then got two earrings to drop within 45min of each other. Imo the earrings are more common, that said I revisited the fort just recently and only got a bracer.

Edit: Also, as a hybrid I would wait until your mid 30s to solo the fort, otherwise it will be slow going. The back entrance works best imo since you can pull mobs from inside without having too many pathers.