PDA

View Full Version : Starting Shadow Knight Questions

Visulth
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
My friend is starting a Shadow Knight. What's the best race and stat distribution he could choose? (He was thinking either Troll or Ogre, but we're not sure of the gameplay differences)

Loftus
06-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Troll, all STA would be my recommendation.

EvilMallet
06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Troll, all STA would be my recommendation.
Hello 68% XP reduction

Sigleaf
06-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Ogre for sure. Troll HP regen is negligible considering how much hp a tank has. Sk's cast spells, no frontal stun means you don't have to worry about that lifetap or hate spell getting interrupted. Ogres also get better stats then a troll, not by a ton, but it is something and considering they both level at the same rate, you might as well go for the better of the two! Also, ogres are a bit fattier, but nothing a shrink, or double shrink cannot cure!

Seriously, be a OGRE!

but I vote for a gnome, cause they the best!

Dersk
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
no frontal stun means you don't have to worry about that lifetap or hate spell getting interrupted.

Whenever my ogre SK got bashed on live it interrupted his casting. He wouldn't get stunned, but his spells would still be interrupted...

rioisk
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
If you're set on min/maxing be an ogre. Pump all points into STA and remaining into INT. Mana really isn't a huge deal for SKs as most of your spells are for aggro anyways.

Baa
07-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Dark Elf... enough said

Gorgetrapper
07-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Don't be a shadowknight, with the new changes in group shared exp/penalties, noone is going to want you.

Sigleaf
07-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Rushing to 50 doesn't seem to be all that great from what I hear here. Why would you want to be stuck in the drama of people crying about raid mobs when you can just enjoy classic EQ playing exactly what YOU want?

EvilMallet
07-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Rushing to 50 doesn't seem to be all that great from what I hear here. Why would you want to be stuck in the drama of people crying about raid mobs when you can just enjoy classic EQ playing exactly what YOU want?

Buffing newbies and socializing in EC tunnel!

Cogwell
07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Troll if you want to solo.
Ogre if you want to raid.
Erudite if you want to group.
Dark Elf if you want to cut yourself.

Gubb
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't be a shadowknight, with the new changes in group shared exp/penalties, noone is going to want you.

^ FUD.

Shadok
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
What about humans?

Waldo73
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
What about humans?

I played a human SK in Classic. About the only benefit (besides levelling faster) to being a Human SK is that you can travel safely both in some good and in some evil towns. For example, my Troll SK can't go to above-ground Freeport without major faction work, while my Human Innoruuk SK (on '99 at least) can go to Freeport, Oggok, and Grobb. Of course, the citizens of these towns won't exactly con amiable, but you can use the bank and travel (more) safely through them.

Other than that, having played both races, I greatly prefer the Troll.

Lowlife
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
OGRE all points into dex

or Erudite if ur a badass

Itchybottom
07-12-2010, 11:11 AM
First, the MBT Tariki (http://www.buymbtshoe.com/mbt-tariki-c-485.html) shoes stimulates your body neglected to exercise the muscles. MBT shoes forces the body to the neglected core muscles and muscle groups to exercise. It is part of the reason why people place great importance on strengthening the muscles and training.Second, forces you to reduce MBT shoes correct posture and joint pain and injuries kept short as MBT shoes well.Since promoting clean air and the force of your body maintain its balance and alignment The organization distributed less stress on joints and ligaments.MBT Fanaka GTX shoes aim to ease back and joint pain. MBT Fanaka GTX (http://www.buymbtshoe.com/mbt-fanaka-gtx-c-489.html)reduces shocks on the skeletal system.MBT Shoes can increase back muscle activity, reduce stress on knee joints, and improve your posture at the same time.

But the question is, will I have to wait for the ancient cyclopes to spawn to get such benefits?

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM
be what you want to be.... so boring see everyone the same race class combo. Grea makes up for everything , ogre are powerful choice, but i actually liked seeing gnome cleric,s wood elf wars, troll sks.. human enchanters...and anyone that discriminates cuz of that is retarded.

Malrubius
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
My friend is starting a Shadow Knight. What's the best race and stat distribution he could choose? (He was thinking either Troll or Ogre, but we're not sure of the gameplay differences)

Whichever he thinks looks cooler. Both are great. Plus both have a hefty xp penalty, so he'll get a lot more play time. :p

guineapig
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Erudite FTW!

Put all your points into stamina.
You can basically go anywhere in Freeport if you worship Cazic Thule (outside of the cleric/paladin guild hall).
You never have to worry about int gear.
You don't need shrink potions.
Less exp penalty then Ogre/troll.
And you look bad ass!

Reiker
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Whenever my ogre SK got bashed on live it interrupted his casting. He wouldn't get stunned, but his spells would still be interrupted...

Frontal stun immunity has nothing to do with bash. Or slam. Or stun spells.

Kornaki
07-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Then how the heck do you get stunned?

guineapig
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
^^^
What he said.

Stun immunity specifically refers to the occasional stun that happens during melee attacks.

girth
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM
That is not entirely correct considering the stun immunity prevents you from being stunned during bash/slam. Yeah you may get interrupted on your spell, but you won't be stunned.