PDA

View Full Version : Rogues and Grouping

2flare
05-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Hello all, I am a new player that is returning from EQ(stopped playing back in 2001!).

Anyhow, I logged in for 2 hours and I was amzed that the P99 is even more social at low levels than EQlive itself! (which has become a solofest/instance/silent exp much like WoW/GW2). Nothing beats the Social/community of EQ.

I wanted to ask you all how hard it is to find groups as a Rogue? I know they are a DPS class but I want to know if I am shooting myself in the foot if I am expecting group experience? (I know necros, rangers would definitely have a hard time).

Nune
05-21-2013, 02:01 AM
You should go in knowing that 75% of the rogues on this server have their epics, and thats regardless of level. Like live, they're only efficient when well geared. Groups always like pure DPS, esp without bringing any penalty to the group

Ephirith
05-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Generally people aren't going to be butthurt about non-epicced rogue. Good .5~ ratio weapons are relatively cheap and you're still better dps than all the other classes except raging twinks. You bring an xp bonus.

If you know where to look, it's usually not hard at all to find groups... especially if you are sociable and develop a cohort of players you level with.

Estu
05-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Rogues are one of the easiest classes to find groups with, whether or not you're well-geared.

falkun
05-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Rog gear = highest DMG piercer you can find for MH > best ratio weapon for OH > haste > STR gear.

Crystalline Spear is ~1k for 13/30
Trakasaur's Tooth is ~2k for 10/20
Serpents Tooth is ~4.5-5k for 13/27

Any of those should carry you until epic, which is really easy to get if you have a few friends. After that, haste gear and MH weapon is useless, so just gear for STR. Once in the upper 50s, you can start gearing for resists.

boudicca
05-21-2013, 08:32 AM
As anyone in the lower levels, if you volunteer to START groups, you'll have a much easier time of it, than if you wait for other people to make the groups and then get invited. PUGs aren't so picky about group composition: you'll be fine.

Swish
05-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Rogues are one of the easiest classes to find groups with, whether or not you're well-geared.

webrunner5
05-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Nobody and I mean NOBODY is going to turn a Rogue down if there is a open DPS slot. :D

Nirgon
05-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Have someone snare a mob and spam flame lick on it while you chase it around and kill it

Cippofra
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
The only people on this server that are typically going to care about how twinked you are is half of the other twinks on the server. Most of that half are arrogant retards in addition to being bad at their class. If someone doesn't want to group with you because you aren't twinked, they aren't worth grouping with or even knowing. In my experience the only heavily twinked people that are typically grouping with "common folk" are doing it just to show off for a while. They are very likely to get you killed because that level 20 rogue in oasis with epic is just convinced that his presence means you can down Cazel all day.

That being said, it can be frustrating in situations where you might be grouped with an epiced rogue that has the best in slot items in the game because their dps will double yours. Be good at what you do, dont be a jerk and you will find groups just as easily as any twink. Dont put so much thought into it, pick the class you want to play and just play.

Nirgon
05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
How is getting carried in an xp group frustrating

rsloans84
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Rogue finding grp is easy , lvl up hide and sneak and backstab while grping then intimidation if they dont mind... Intim is amazing once it maxs out u can easily solo xp or duo

Tecmos Deception
05-21-2013, 04:40 PM
The only people on this server that are typically going to care about how twinked you are is half of the other twinks on the server. Most of that half are arrogant retards in addition to being bad at their class. If someone doesn't want to group with you because you aren't twinked, they aren't worth grouping with or even knowing. In my experience the only heavily twinked people that are typically grouping with "common folk" are doing it just to show off for a while. They are very likely to get you killed because that level 20 rogue in oasis with epic is just convinced that his presence means you can down Cazel all day.

That being said, it can be frustrating in situations where you might be grouped with an epiced rogue that has the best in slot items in the game because their dps will double yours. Be good at what you do, dont be a jerk and you will find groups just as easily as any twink. Dont put so much thought into it, pick the class you want to play and just play.

Your posts are always fun!

2flare
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Wow! I didn't expect this many replies but I am delighted.

Thank you ALL so much for you're convincing replies! Glad to be back in EQ =)

Cippofra
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Your posts are always fun!
I am trying my best to win the p99 popularity contest

Clark
05-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Nobody and I mean NOBODY is going to turn a Rogue down if there is a open DPS slot.

http://s1.postimg.org/8cai98kr3/whatu_talkinbout.jpg