PDA

View Full Version : EQ Questions

Rolien
05-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Plain title to say the least but states the obvious.

It's been a hell of a long time since actually playing live when Velious was the most recent expansion since then I have forgotten quiet a few of the changes that were amazing at least to me. Things that didn't break anything but just made life easier.

So questions are:
Currently Some Classes and Races suffer an exp penalty around when was this removed?

Also currently arrows are only stack up to 20 when was it changed to where arrows stacked to 100?

When were Halflings allowed to start up as Rangers and Paladins? (I'm fairly certain this was during LDON but not 100%)

Currently if a pet does the majority of the damage the caster only gets 25% of the experience when was it changed to if the caster does no damage to the mob they gain no exp for the mob?

I have also read that mobs are still at the zone in of Hate when was this changed to where the zone in is safe?

Just curious if anyone is able to answer the questions about what expansion these things were changed in. I remember dealing with the issues but just can't remember when they were changed.

Thulack
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Plain title to say the least but states the obvious.

It's been a hell of a long time since actually playing live when Velious was the most recent expansion since then I have forgotten quiet a few of the changes that were amazing at least to me. Things that didn't break anything but just made life easier.

So questions are:
Currently Some Classes and Races suffer an exp penalty around when was this removed? Shortly after velious is released or when its released forget which

Also currently arrows are only stack up to 20 when was it changed to where arrows stacked to 100? Never here.

When were Halflings allowed to start up as Rangers and Paladins? (I'm fairly certain this was during LDON but not 100%) Wasnt til after luclin timeline so again won't see here unfortunately (my main for 9 years on live was a Halfling Ranger)

Currently if a pet does the majority of the damage the caster only gets 25% of the experience when was it changed to if the caster does no damage to the mob they gain no exp for the mob?Don't think it was ever changed to 0% even if pet does all the damage. They still get something no matter what.

I have also read that mobs are still at the zone in of Hate when was this changed to where the zone in is safe? Not sure

Just curious if anyone is able to answer the questions about what expansion these things were changed in. I remember dealing with the issues but just can't remember when they were changed.

Rolien
05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Alright thanks much

Korisek
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
So questions are:
Currently Some Classes and Races suffer an exp penalty around when was this removed?

Class XP penalties were removed in Velious, IIRC, but race penalties stayed in until around... what, 2006?

When were Halflings allowed to start up as Rangers and Paladins? (I'm fairly certain this was during LDON but not 100%)

RE: Halfling Rangers
#Jul 12 2002 at 4:53 PMRating: Decent
Duffun
21 posts
The halfling ranger craze has somewhat lessened (when it was first introduced everyone had one and after a while i think everyone got sick of grouping with rangers all the time and all deleted their rangers at the same time thus, theres no more halfling rangers j/k)

This suggests that halfling rangers were around for at least some time in 2002, but were still fairly new. This post was from before PoP went live, so it must have been at some point during or before Luclin's release. I see nothing about this in the patch notes on Allakhazam from early 2002 or earlier, however.

Thulack
05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
March 19, 2002
------------------------------

- Halflings and Gnomes have new classes available to them: Halfling
Rangers and Paladins as well as Gnome ShadowKnights and Paladins. All
of the necessary NPCs and items should be available for these new
classes

Thulack was created on CT on April 2nd 2002 :). Long live halfling Rangers!! :P

Korisek
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
March 19, 2002
------------------------------

- Halflings and Gnomes have new classes available to them: Halfling
Rangers and Paladins as well as Gnome ShadowKnights and Paladins. All
of the necessary NPCs and items should be available for these new
classes

Thulack was created on CT on April 2nd 2002 :). Long live halfling Rangers!! :P

Thanks a bunch, Thulak, I tried searching "rangers" and "halflings" but apparently wasn't looking closely enough.

Estu
05-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Currently if a pet does the majority of the damage the caster only gets 25% of the experience

I don't know who keeps spreading this misinformation. If a pet does over 50% of the damage then the caster gets 50% of the experience, not 25%. This is noted in the patch notes to this server as well as on live.