PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskills: trivial & success rate

Honest
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I asked this in guild the other day and no one was quite sure so I'm posting it here.

If a tradeskill item to make is trivial, at say 121, and you have a skill of 131, is your chance of success the same as someone who has a maxed out skill and making the same item? Is trivial the best you can do or does having additional skill above effect your chance of success?

August
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
If you look for a post about tradeskills just a couple below yours you can find the answer to this question via a spreadsheet.

Honest
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Ok so trivial isnt the best you can do, I should max out before making any Black Sapphire stuff. Good to know. Thanks August!

August
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
It depends on what level the item is. At higher levels of a craft you can things at 95% success (which is max) well below the trivial.

If you are specifically talking about BS Electrum Earrings (140 trivial) you need 149 skill to get a max success rate.

If you are talking about BS Gold Earrings (212 trivial) you only need a 203 skill.

If you are talking about platinum BS - you need 250. EVen at 250 you don't have enoguh skill to have max success.

Honest
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
It depends on what level the item is. At higher levels of a craft you can things at 95% success (which is max) well below the trivial.

If you are specifically talking about BS Electrum Earrings (140 trivial) you need 149 skill to get a max success rate.

If you are talking about BS Gold Earrings (212 trivial) you only need a 203 skill.

If you are talking about platinum BS - you need 250. EVen at 250 you don't have enoguh skill to have max success.

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

enr4ged
05-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Trivial just denotes the point at which you can't skill up any further.

As far as I can remember, the success chance for making an item is about 95% when you are at trivial.

Your stat (wisdom/int/etc...) increases your skill up chance only and does not affect the success rate.

August
05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Trivial just denotes the point at which you can't skill up any further.

As far as I can remember, the success chance for making an item is about 95% when you are at trivial.

Your stat (wisdom/int/etc...) increases your skill up chance only and does not affect the success rate.

This second part is correct. The first part is not. Skill up follows a specific formula. Generally speaking, on low end trivials the skill required to get to MAX_SUCCESS is significantly higher. At about ~180, trivial = MAX_SUCCESS Rate. After that MAX_SUCCESS starts to precede trivial numbers pretty significantly. As before in my post, to have max success on a 212 trivial you only need 203 skill. At 140 trivial you need 149 to achieve the same effect.

Estu
05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
The formulas are here: http://wiki.project1999.org/Tradeskills