PDA

View Full Version : My Plight...

Fentanyl
05-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I need many of you to come to RED. Red is great. The exp is better. More camps are open. Pvp servers are more fun. Period. Grab your friends and come in en masse. Start your own guild. I use to play blue servers back in the day. Not as fun as a good pvp server. A lot of people aren't total PK dicks, lots of opportunity for pve on red, but the added pvp gives a special dynamic. Exp loss in pvp death about to be removed. Put on your cool pants and come to red.

Bazia
05-25-2013, 01:47 PM
if they wantd to play on red they see it on the server list dude no need to bug 'um

Cippofra
05-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah, red has a population of 3 because bluebies simply don't realize how much more fun the game is when someone kills you at your bind spot over and over until you have no choice but to quit. Seriously, try it, it's a blast.

Nune
05-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah, red has a population of 3 because bluebies simply don't realize how much more fun the game is when someone kills you at your bind spot over and over until you have no choice but to quit. Seriously, try it, it's a blast.

QQ. When sleeper opened and i announced it in EC tunnel on blue to see how many people were planning on rolling over there, someone charmed a ghoul and rooted it at my spawn point OMG DONT PLAY BLUE I QUIT BECAUSE OF ONE RETARD ONE NIGHT.

OP, like many others, is probably late to the party and isn't aware / attempting to gloss over the fact the raid scene on Red is even more fucked than blue. 60% of the server is in 1 guild, 80% of the 55+ are in that guild. Red is a failure. Since day one of P99 i waited for a PvP server with the quality gameplay that the P99 server offered, and like the other 649 people that came there on day 1, I was stoked about the server. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we saw how that went. Same retards using the same tactics to shit the pop off of the server. It's just the next sequence of VZ/TZ, LoZ, EqEmu pvp servers that have a pop of 40 because of the people who occupy the server are the scourge of the internet

JurisDictum
05-26-2013, 03:51 AM
Red reminded me a lot of RZ live (I never played during classic era I admit). In other words, Red was pure garbage. You probably would find better end game PvP in VP on blue. Everything else is just those same players griefing the clothed newb players trying to solo their way to 50's (with a non-existent economy).
I loved SZ live, but you'll never see that kind of PvP on emu. There simply isn't the kind of player base needed to populate 3-4 competing guilds. I don't think there is anything anyone can do to bring that kind of player base back to classic EQ....maybe 7 years ago.
When push comes to shove the vast majority ether:
A) value PvE more than PvP (join blue or play as if you're on it)
or
B) value PvP more than PvE, so they play one of the 20 better PvP focused MMORPGs.
PvP is based on competition. 100 people isn't going to cut it.

porigromus
05-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I need many of you to come to RED. Red is great. The exp is better. More camps are open. Pvp servers are more fun. Period. Grab your friends and come in en masse. Start your own guild. I use to play blue servers back in the day. Not as fun as a good pvp server. A lot of people aren't total PK dicks, lots of opportunity for pve on red, but the added pvp gives a special dynamic. Exp loss in pvp death about to be removed. Put on your cool pants and come to red.

No thanks, I actually gave it a shot not too long ago with some friends. We were griefed off of the server in the newbie zone by some twinks that have been around along time. This is why that server will eventually fail and be turned into something else. No one cares to be griefed by individuals they do not have a chance against.

Bazia
05-26-2013, 04:50 AM
corpse camped some level 10 rogue today in BB doing my part

Spike Spiegel
05-26-2013, 06:12 AM
No thanks, I actually gave it a shot not too long ago with some friends. We were griefed off of the server in the newbie zone by some twinks that have been around along time. This is why that server will eventually fail and be turned into something else. No one cares to be griefed by individuals they do not have a chance against.

As a noob weakling, would you possibly be more interested in dealing with this kind of action if there was item loot, which would mean if you could overcome your aggressor you could get an awesome item and sell it and buy some nice weapons or whatever?

Additionally, other strong guys might (are very likely to) want to kill him to take his good armors too?

Do you think losing EXP upon your death, and gaining nothing upon your victory is a really really really stupid way to handle PVP system?

Honestly curious what you think. I'm a proponent of rallos zek style item loot, because it made it worthwhile to fight level 1-50 which is where most people will burn out.

At present only reward is pride, and newbie level 8 getting gangbustered has no pride, and will just revert to blue.

Tasslehofp99
05-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Eq pvp sucks shit through a straw, always did. No class balancing makes it literally some of the shittiest pvp action, unless you're talking 2 ppl of the same class dueling eq pvp is shitttttttttttt.

Swish
05-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Honestly, ignore the forums and give it a try... it's different but its fun.

Gadwen
05-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Eq pvp sucks shit through a straw, always did. No class balancing makes it literally some of the shittiest pvp action, unless you're talking 2 ppl of the same class dueling eq pvp is shitttttttttttt.

EQ PVP is all about griefing, not balanced fights....who wants that?

burkemi5
05-26-2013, 12:20 PM
corpse camped some level 10 rogue today in BB doing my part

I like how people from red try to recruit from blue periodically but then say stuff like this. Why would you think that a statement like this is going to recruit more people to play?

Splorf22
05-26-2013, 12:31 PM
EQ PVP is all about griefing]

This is 100% true. The only PVP you'll have till 50 is no-talent scrubs who think that killing you with a RFS/Fungi/CoF monk twink makes them a badass. After 50 you have guild-v-guild pvp which is pretty fun actually (and certainly way better than variance/tracking/etc) but the immersion levels are very serious on red.

Thulack
05-26-2013, 12:42 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

liveitup1216
05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
if they reboot the server with sullon zek rules, ill never log on blue again

Yukahwa
05-26-2013, 02:24 PM
You guys are hilarious. Balanced PVP isn't fun. Balance PVP = street fighter Ryu vs Ryu fights. That isn't fun. Balanced PVP = Call of Duty. Not fun.

EQ PvP is about strategy, finding imbalances and exploiting them, knowing imbalances and avoiding them.

EQ either PVP or PVE is not a solo game. Many characters are terrible solo. Some are better than others, just like in PVE but the game is not designed around solo play. Solo play is boring. Balanced solo play is call of duty or street fighter. Not fun.

EQ PvP is 100% flawlessly balanced in a group. Its the best game and Item loot makes it better because the griefers at low levels that will be there regardless of item loot or not...they now have to risk their fungi when they want to be ridiculously overpowered doing unrest patrol. Item loot also makes it worthwhile to attain obscure no drop items for when you know you might get jumped. It balances the game because guys who have maximum platinubs from super pharming stuff like fungi have to be worried about their precious pixels if they want to be as strong as possible in a PVP engagement.

Non item loot PVP that way it is now offers no incentive to PVP, and basically makes level 1-59 just a bumrush to 60 because low level PVP engagements are fruitless entirely.

myriverse
05-26-2013, 04:39 PM
As a noob weakling, would you possibly be more interested in dealing with this kind of action if there was item loot, which would mean if you could overcome your aggressor you could get an awesome item and sell it and buy some nice weapons or whatever?
No. I'm not interested in stealing his pixels.

Additionally, other strong guys might (are very likely to) want to kill him to take his good armors too?
Don't care about people stealing other people's pixels.

Do you think losing EXP upon your death, and gaining nothing upon your victory is a really really really stupid way to handle PVP system?
That's a redundant question.

Honestly curious what you think. I'm a proponent of rallos zek style item loot, because it made it worthwhile to fight level 1-50 which is where most people will burn out.

At present only reward is pride, and newbie level 8 getting gangbustered has no pride, and will just revert to blue.
What Classic EQ means to me:
Friend_001: "Why I don't see you on UO anymore?"
Me: "PVP Sucks! God, I hate it and everything about it!"
Friend_002: "Then you should come to EQ."
Loading, please wait...
You have entered Heaven.
Me: :) :eek: :D
The End

A1551
05-26-2013, 10:48 PM
You guys are hilarious. Balanced PVP isn't fun. Balance PVP = street fighter Ryu vs Ryu fights. That isn't fun. Balanced PVP = Call of Duty. Not fun.

EQ PvP is about strategy, finding imbalances and exploiting them, knowing imbalances and avoiding them.

EQ either PVP or PVE is not a solo game. Many characters are terrible solo. Some are better than others, just like in PVE but the game is not designed around solo play. Solo play is boring. Balanced solo play is call of duty or street fighter. Not fun.

EQ PvP is 100% flawlessly balanced in a group. Its the best game and Item loot makes it better because the griefers at low levels that will be there regardless of item loot or not...they now have to risk their fungi when they want to be ridiculously overpowered doing unrest patrol. Item loot also makes it worthwhile to attain obscure no drop items for when you know you might get jumped. It balances the game because guys who have maximum platinubs from super pharming stuff like fungi have to be worried about their precious pixels if they want to be as strong as possible in a PVP engagement.

Non item loot PVP that way it is now offers no incentive to PVP, and basically makes level 1-59 just a bumrush to 60 because low level PVP engagements are fruitless entirely.

This. Eq pvp is awesome when youre talking about group pvp. Individual pvp totally lacks any form of balance but thats also true of the solo blue experience. EQ group pvp is amazing also because of the fight over limited resources, defending leveling areas, camps etc. I never had as much fun in any game, ever, as I had on rallos zek or sullon zek. I love blue now. I enjoy the hell out of it but honestly eq without pvp is less than half of a game vs what I remeber from live rallos zek. Its also a lot less stressful mind you :) I think I get enough pvp at work that I can tolerate just enjoying the community on blue.

Sadly our pvp server here has too many massive issues to recreate any sort of sucessful experience. For one thing live pvp servers were predominantly populated by people who wanted to play eq pve with some pvp mixed in. The majority of players would play nice with other people they met on rallos, and on team servers you had automatic allies and enemies. Our crapfest of a red server is flush with griefers who thinks its fun to molest new players with their fungi cof jbooted rfs monks with good resist gear.

On rallos that twink monk griefer would be nothing but a fungi vending machine for other players thanks to item loot. instead the griefers would be naked wizards necros druids and the like. Theyd be anoying but very killable.

Theres a lot of other massive issues with our pvp server like exp loss on pvp deaths, a totally borked nonclassic resist system, and I think teams would have helped a lot. Probably too late for any changes no matter how sweeping to ever rescue the box in any meaningful way, or so I believe. Hope to be proven wrong. But the problem isnt eq pvp which is actually pretty fun!

webrunner5
05-27-2013, 06:16 AM
I don't really think getting gang banged and called ***** 75 times a day is my idea of fun. Sorry. That is something you do when you are like 12 years old. :o

kweinp99
05-27-2013, 10:14 AM
ill roll red if u give me RFS, Fungi, RBG

Vondra
05-27-2013, 10:45 AM
If I want to pvp in an MMO I'll play one that actually has semi decent pvp.