PDA

View Full Version : Can I switch toon from blue to red server?

jeffreyjent
05-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere. Blue server is so damn lame now, every camp is "camped" by a group of 3-4 players with a high lvl power leveling them. No one wants a full group because its all about power leveling the twinks.

So can I switch my toon from blue to red, if not im probably done but I used to play on TZ and loved it back in the day. I'm sure i'd be right at home on red. I have a 23 sk and dont have enough time to start over again on RED.

Thulack
05-27-2013, 06:45 PM
No you can't.

Bazia
05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
alot of exp bonus on red id suggest just rerolling dude 23 will take u like 4 days if u play somewhat often

jeffreyjent
05-27-2013, 06:58 PM
That sucks. Ill admit im lazy and only play a few hours a day, just dont have the patience for starting over.

nilbog
05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
No.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to a one-time option per character from pve-pvp. The issues I see for the pvp server is that if one guild has more players than others, it would exacerbate balance problems if the transfers were to join that guild.

Asap
05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Red has an experience bonus so youll be lvl 20 in a couple days

alaessa
05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I haven't really had any issues getting a group so far. Granted, I am only level 12 so most of it has been in the forest/crush bone/Commons. I have noticed a lot of newer players like me leveling up though so chances are you will start seeing more people in your range. Do you have a guild? If not you should see about joining a social/leveling guild. Mine has quite a few people in the 10-30 range leveling up in groups.

Faerie
05-27-2013, 08:24 PM
We would welcome you on red, even though you have to start over. When you factor in the (recently upped) xp bonus on red, it might take less time to get 60 on red with a new character than it would on your 23 blue character.

citizen1080
05-27-2013, 09:26 PM
No.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to a one-time option per character from pve-pvp. The issues I see for the pvp server is that if one guild has more players than others, it would exacerbate balance problems if the transfers were to join that guild.

This would boost Red population like none other if enabled. I think most people would be willing to play red if they didnt have to power through the gankfest that is low lvl.

I would transfer a toon there in a second if given the chance.

However, how do REDS feel about this as an option? Wow did not allow this exact thing for many years due to people bitching that it wasnt fair to lvl on pve and transfer to pvp.

Gwenny
05-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Would be awesome if instead of a transfer it was a copy. So you can copy one character to the red server (even if the character was stripped it would be cool). Only problem I have with transferring is (and the only reason I haven't really committed any time to red) I'm not really sure I'll like it for the long-term. But I think copying one toon over would lower a lot of that risk without losing the accomplishments on blue, and I'm 100% sure it would drastically increase the population over there (especially since people can play on red and blue at the same time).

jeffreyjent
05-27-2013, 09:35 PM
You could cap it at a certain level and like Nilbog said he would be for a ONE TIME deal.

bubur
05-27-2013, 09:43 PM
given the recent increase in xp, i suggest now is as good a time as ever to come check out what red has to offer. there should be a small boom of players in the low end

even if a program to transfer blue-> red were seriously considered, it would take months of planning and discussion and waiting to work out the details and get it implemented. if you want to play red you better just roll on over today

Hollywood
05-28-2013, 06:51 AM
This would boost Red population like none other if enabled. I think most people would be willing to play red if they didnt have to power through the gankfest that is low lvl.

However, how do REDS feel about this as an option? Wow did not allow this exact thing for many years due to people bitching that it wasnt fair to lvl on pve and transfer to pvp.

Red players should have zero problem with this given all the advertising they do.
Surely they won't mind and if anything would be more happy with an influx of relevant level persons, because they can interact with them appropriately.

This would be a good test to see if Red isn't just full of shit.

webrunner5
05-28-2013, 08:30 AM
I have tried it 10 times off and on. Like Bob said, between the Gankfest and just stupid class imbalances it just sucks. How the hell you suppose to level a Warrior using a Orc Pick against a Wizard or Druid rooting the shit out of you with nukes? Good luck with that. :eek: And have a whole group kill your ass soloing. The whole concept is shit plain and simple.

bubur
05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
yeah.. i wouldnt roll a warrior unless you got some friends

heartbrand
05-28-2013, 10:46 AM
I would help PL you real quick. You can get to level 30 with good PL in two to three hours.

Faerie
05-28-2013, 10:59 AM
We're really lucky to have kind and helpful players like Heartbrand on red. I think it's what really distinguishes the two servers from one another.

jeffreyjent
05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the offer Heartbrand, I would love a good PL to get me going. What times are you generally on?

mostbitter
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Red players are against it because the dominant guild has strong ties to the blue server and would absorb the majority of transferred characters increasing the death grip they already have on the server

Clark
05-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Would be awesome if instead of a transfer it was a copy. So you can copy one character to the red server (even if the character was stripped it would be cool). Only problem I have with transferring is (and the only reason I haven't really committed any time to red) I'm not really sure I'll like it for the long-term. But I think copying one toon over would lower a lot of that risk without losing the accomplishments on blue, and I'm 100% sure it would drastically increase the population over there (especially since people can play on red and blue at the same time).

Ya I'd never transfer. Maybe copy, but enjoy playing just blue. Playing both was too much to tackle.

heartbrand
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Red players are against it because the dominant guild has strong ties to the blue server and would absorb the majority of transferred characters increasing the death grip they already have on the server

wut? almost everyone I know supports transfers

mostbitter
05-28-2013, 11:09 PM
yeah cause you're in nihilum, the guild i was talking about. way to be obtuse

contemptor
05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
I couldn't blame Red players for not liking that idea. You'd have entire guild's come over to gank mobs when they got bored.

Destan
05-29-2013, 02:18 AM
I just started up an emulated EQ server of my own with modified XP gains. The population was about the same as on Red anyway so I could barely tell the difference.

Nirgon
05-29-2013, 03:54 AM
However, how do REDS feel

Finish item loot and classic resists, wipe

Cippofra
05-29-2013, 05:00 AM

I spent 80 levels on a pvp server in WoW.Started before the random dungeon finder days. The pvp aspect slowed down my leveling by, at most 45 minutes. People just arent into ganking as much there. Those that do will just get rolled over by a high level. But the server definitely does not revolve around making sure players have the toughest time traveling and leveling like red. Pvp is balanced, fun and challenging in WoW. It isnt about just camping until the guy corpse camping gets bored and moves onto someone else.

fuark
05-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Blue > Red transfer just seems like a bad idea.

It's unfair to the people who have leveled already on red.

You could have a guild like TMO just transfer one set of alts (of which they have many) who are already VP geared simply to grief red's pve and pvp scene.

There's a million different problems that would come with a transfer like that. Not to mention the servers are completely different. A ton of the people who transfer would not like red after being on it for a while.

arsenalpow
05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Implement modified SZ team ruleset of good vs evil, no item loot, fix resists, and then just maybe I'd play on red.

Gwenny
05-29-2013, 07:15 AM
I couldn't blame Red players for not liking that idea. You'd have entire guild's come over to gank mobs when they got bored.

You could have a guild like TMO just transfer one set of alts (of which they have many) who are already VP geared simply to grief red's pve and pvp scene.

There's a million different problems that would come with a transfer like that. Not to mention the servers are completely different. A ton of the people who transfer would not like red after being on it for a while.

I see what you guys mean. All I was saying was that allowing a copy (not transfer) of one character would increase population. I also mentioned that it might be a good idea to have them copied without gear.

And yes, it would most definitely be unfair to those who have already leveled on red. However, it is also kind of unfair that they leveled on red and have such a low population.

Again, the main thing allowing a copy/transfer would do is increase population. With that would come good and bad. It's up to the red population and ultimately Nilbog et al. to decide what they want for the red server.

Lagaidh
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I never considered the idea of a copy. That might make me dabble on red with my paladin, even if stripped.

Faerie
05-29-2013, 09:38 AM

This is where we really run into problems, and it's hard to approach it any way that doesn't mess things up for one group of people or another. If transfers were allowed and a bunch of bluebies switched over just to join Nihilum so they could raid what TMO/FE won't let them on blue, the server suffers. If transfers were allowed on the condition that they not join Nihilum (would never happen, just an example), that would be treating Nihilum unfairly.

What the server really needs is another guild to step up to Nihilum and challenge them for their control of the server. The only blue guilds to even make a guild on red are TMO/FE, who understandably feel a need to spend most of their gaming time with their blue guilds. How to get transfers to want to compete instead of joining the zerg is really the big question.

Faerie
05-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Copies are an interesting idea, but I fear that we would just become a playground for bored bluebies instead of the mostly serious EQ experience I feel we deserve to be. More people would be a good thing, but not if you're just on red to grief and mess around solo.

fuark
05-29-2013, 09:55 AM
And getting back to the original point of this thread -- just get on red and level now! There's an exp bonus, people truly are pretty nice on red, and nothing is stopping anyone from enjoying the server.

Hell I was grouped with a dude the other day who was given Eboots and a bunch of shit for free just for starting up.

SamwiseRed
05-29-2013, 09:57 AM
copies or transfers is pretty dumb. not classic.

rykker
05-29-2013, 01:44 PM

Let a buncha stripped toons come over and try....my guess is they will get rolled and go back to blue

Nirgon
05-29-2013, 01:45 PM
There's some strong zek server players scattered on blue actually. You might be surprised.

Faerie
05-29-2013, 02:07 PM
There's some strong zek server players scattered on blue actually. You might be surprised.

This. It seems like most of the former x Zek players went blue for some reason :S

JurisDictum
05-29-2013, 03:31 PM
The top PvP scene would never accept a no bullshit one-way transfer. The last thing your average EQ PvP raider wants is a challenge. "OMG a TMO guy with gear might gank me for once".
I do believe the red server earnestly want more players. But only if they are there to feed their monk twinks or oogle their main's raid gear. Not actually contest a zone.

JurisDictum
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Let a buncha stripped toons come over and try....my guess is they will get rolled and go back to blue

Case in point

SamwiseRed
05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
transfers is a bad idea, copies is even worse. there would be no point to leveling on red if this were possible. i dont care what kind of xp bonus is on red, leveling on blue is so much easier/faster. if people want to play on red, then roll on red. half the server is already 60 and in one guild, we need more players of all level ranges.

Nune
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM

<--

I talk to quite a few people from TZ in my day that were boss status who are dormant on Blue because Red is so terrible. It's honestly the people, and whatever shift a wave of transfers created would at least be a shift. What's XP on red boosted to, 1.25x xp? and Faerie is telling people they'll hit 60 on Red before 24 on blue lol.. the "literal" grammar Nazi must find struggling with extremely basic math to be an uphill battle.

The real problem you might see is that people would use the transfer as some misguided attempt to go raid somewhere else, unaware of how Red's raid scene is even worse off than Blue. Which; would then ensue on a wave of people wanting to transfer back, sounds nightmare-ish for the GMs.

OR

People would just copy characters over to the less populated server, with a plat exchange rate of.. what is it 6:1 now? to farm miniscule items on red solely with intentions to sell it back for gain on Blue. This would fuck the average joe the hardest, no camps would ever be open when you were leveling to gear at because of said point, and no PvP would occur because the Red server would just become a place for pixel hoarding.

Oh, wait..

Faerie
05-29-2013, 05:13 PM
What's XP on red boosted to, 1.25x xp? and Faerie is telling people they'll hit 60 on Red before 24 on blue lol.. the "literal" grammar Nazi must find struggling with extremely basic math to be an uphill battle.

Come on, now. Math was my best subject before I gave it up after high school.

When you factor in the (recently upped) xp bonus on red, it might take less time to get 60 on red with a new character than it would on your 23 blue character.

It's easy to see how you misinterpreted my statement; but this figurative grammar Nazi would like you to diagram her sentence if there is still confusion.

Vexenu
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Just allow players to create new characters on Red that are level 46 with full spellbooks/level appropriate gear. This allows new guilds to form that can immediately begin doing the planes and gearing up.

The reason that Red has no population is because...red has no population. People roll a toon there and get discouraged because they hardly see anyone else. It feels like a dead server to a new player, and the prospect of leveling up a toon mostly solo on a dead server is not very appealing.

Making new characters on the server start out at level 46 with appropriate gear would address most of the problems. People could immediately join the server and become an asset to a guild and start contributing in PvP fights.

Is this classic? Hell to the no. Is it fair to red players who have already leveled up? Definitely not. However, it would result in a massive explosion of red's population, which I think the vast majority of red players would prefer even if the change was not classic or fair to them.

Admittedly this idea sounds ridiculous at first, but I think it's the best option for a server in Red's position. The main reason people don't play there is simply because the low population makes the idea of leveling up solo (and being powerless against twinked/buffed PKs) really unappealing. If you remove that barrier and allow people to instantly jump on with a character that isn't totally helpless, suddenly the idea of playing on Red becomes much more attractive.

And really, EQ PvP is sort of a shitfest at low levels anyway, and really only shines in group vs. group and guild vs. guild battles when everyone is somewhat leveled and geared. Let players jump in and experience that aspect of EQ PvP and I guarantee that plenty of them will come to prefer fighting for their spawns rather than dealing with the current state of Blue's endgame.

Faerie
05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
The game doesn't start at level 46, it starts at 1. I'm so sick of this mentality :(

India
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
It's funny, red players want to increase the red player base, but then reject every idea presented.

Red has a shitty reputation and as it stands now, holds no promise at all for the average blue player. So give them a carrot. Give them a reason to come try it out. You might get a TON that try it and never come back, but if you can get a 10% (yes I pulled that number out of my arse) return rate, that's pretty damn good, especially for red.

That said, I don't think transfer is the way to go because you'll end up with a LOT of disgruntled players "demanding" a tx back to blue

Copy without gear isn't bad, but again, how much help can they be in a group, pvping, or otherwise without gear?

Copy with gear,, nah I understand why that is rejected by many right up front.

So maybe a copy with a set of gear (appropriate to their level) that neither gives them an advantage over long time red players/raiders with earned gear, but doesn't hinder them too much either? A lot of people may end up copying over a lower level character.. don't assume it will all be level 60's!

India
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
The game doesn't start at level 46, it starts at 1. I'm so sick of this mentality :(

I do understand your frustration but it seems the majority of red players want to increase the population. People are brainstorming.

What are your ideas?

Vexenu
05-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Red is even more top-heavy than Blue, which is really saying something. The existence of the XP bonus (and its recent increase) attests to this fact, and the problems it creates. Realistically, however, it doesn't go far enough. Really, it just comes down to red players asking themselves the following:

Would I rather play on a mostly empty PvP server where people start at level 1 with an XP bonus?

Or would I rather play on a relatively populous PvP server where people can start geared at level 46?

I wouldn't begrudge people who preferred the former, especially since they earned their levels the hard way. But anyone whose foremost concern is enjoying an EQ server with PvP would probably prefer the latter, since it would be guaranteed to bring in a huge influx of new players, many of whom would form guilds and stick around once they experienced the best parts of EQ PvP (which they would not otherwise be able to do starting normally at level 1).

freez
05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
seeing how everything including character accounts is worth 5x its weight in blue plat i wouldnt bee too happy about transfers.

grind it out like everyone else. theres no more exp loss on a pvp death, and theres a 50% bonus on top of normal blue exp.

Leveling really isnt hard and to complain about powering through the low levels is just retarted. Thos twinks stay at a certail level, they wont grind up with you. There arent even that many.

freez
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Red is even more top-heavy than Blue, which is really saying something.

Thats funny... i have no idea who you are.. to say red is more top heavy than blue is stupid.

I dont even feel like writing out a paragraph to explain why this statement is just 100% false.

freez
05-29-2013, 06:44 PM
exactly.

buy a character

harrison fuming

apparently he doesnt like it when people quit thier main at 38 and buy a new char at 44..

ive been 60 for like half a year too. argument null negus.

edit : harrison doesnt have a character above level 5 on any server. hes that bad ;/

=D

heartbrand
05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
I fully support transfers/copys with or without gear and hope an entire guild comes over and competes. Red needs fresh blood outside the same QQ vztz rejects who blame everyone but themselves for their continued failure to compete.

Faerie
05-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I do understand your frustration but it seems the majority of red players want to increase the population. People are brainstorming.

What are your ideas?

I have a foolproof idea that would increase population dramatically, but it would never happen and if I shared I think the mods here would warn or forum suspend me again. If we're just brainstorming that's cool, but the instant level 46 with gear idea has just as much chance of happening as my proposed extreme measures that I'm not allowed to talk about (zero).

So let's talk about things that have at least a chance of happening.

If anything is to be done, and if it's to bring in players that stick around, I think the first step needs to be ending account sales. What all this would entail I don't know, but I do know that nilbog has plans to make it a reality. One of the reasons I'm kind of opposed to exp bonuses on red is that it makes it easier for a player to throw away their accounts and reputation as a player. EQ pvp means community, and the less a character is worth the easier it is for a person to be toxic and detrimental to the community at large. Character worth is lowered by account sales and fast experience.

Once that was done, we could start in with server-specific changes. No one likes dying (even us with red blood :P), especially not someone brand new to the server. New players are faced with the daunting task that EQ is AND will possibly face twinked PKs. There's nothing we can do to put an end to PK twinks without causing further damage, but we can hinder them.

Teams! I like SZ teams because they make the most RP sense, but maybe without making them hardcoded. This idea was introduced to me by someone else, and the more I think about it the better it sounds. For those that don't know, softcoded teams means that you can heal/buff/group/guild with members of the other teams. The only thing including these teams would do is make it so you cannot attack or be attacked by anyone on your team. This would make people, especially newbies, feel somewhat safer when venturing out. Twinks have their pool of potential targets made smaller, RP is encouraged, and some people that may have been enemies otherwise are now groupmates and hopeful friends.

Another option would be hardcoded teams, to which I am not opposed. I doubt these would ever be included because it would disrupt the established guilds. That disruption would be a good thing for the server, but a project like this, I think, is run too seriously to force every guild to disband after being FFA for so long.

I'm also not against transfers (with gear, even!) so long as they didn't join Nihilum. Not sure how to enforce that fairly.

India
05-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Those are good ideas!!

I love the idea of teams, especially the softcoded team concept. For the most part you could maintain what already exists on the server, and still encourage new players to join!

I do imagine it would be a somewhat daunting task to code though, especially considering everything else that is currently on the devs plates. I think this, as well as wanting to maintain some type of classic feel (even for red), might be 2 of the most prohibitive factors.

I suppose this is why the offer made by Nilbog has been the possibility of a transfer, and why some are requesting that be a copy of some sort instead.

As for trying to prohibit people from joining Nihilum,, perhaps just a character flag that is set on the copied chars. I'm simplifying it, but do not flag chars that are created on red,, they are allowed to join Nihilum. Flag copies of chars from blue, which once coded would prohibit them from joining

Nune
05-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Those are good ideas!!

I love the idea of teams, especially the softcoded team concept. For the most part you could maintain what already exists on the server, and still encourage new players to join!

I do imagine it would be a somewhat daunting task to code though, especially considering everything else that is currently on the devs plates. I think this, as well as wanting to maintain some type of classic feel (even for red), might be 2 of the most prohibitive factors.

I suppose this is why the offer made by Nilbog has been the possibility of a transfer, and why some are requesting that be a copy of some sort instead.

As for trying to prohibit people from joining Nihilum,, perhaps just a character flag that is set on the copied chars. I'm simplifying it, but do not flag chars that are created on red,, they are allowed to join Nihilum. Flag copies of chars from blue, which once coded would prohibit them from joining

:eek: wow, how delusional have we gotten these days.

You want transfers, but you want them to be unable to join the only guild who is capable of raiding the end game content.

Seems legit.

I won't even go into why softcoded teams are a joke (Pandemonium on Tallon Zek). One guild will just invite everyone, and either guilds will have to do the same or be at a severe loss class/capability wise. This will fix nothing I promise, the only perk it would have is that AoE spells and Abilities will hit your guildees who arent on your team, but again, this was worked around on Live and will be here too.

India
05-30-2013, 04:21 PM

You want transfers, but you want them to be unable to join the only guild who is capable of raiding the end game content.

Seems legit.

I don't, I was addressing Faeries post...
Also fuck you and your name calling

fuark
05-30-2013, 07:35 PM
ITT: People talk about how to play on red without actually having to play on red

India
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
ITT: People talk about how to play on red without actually having to play on red

Feel free to out those that are posting in this thread that don't play on red. If they don't openly admit to not playing on red, you can't because you don't know.

In addition, in a thread that has evolved into a discussion on how to get more blue players to give red a try, why wouldn't you want both sides inputs on what might draw them in?

Bidin
05-30-2013, 09:53 PM
copies or transfers is pretty dumb. not classic.

I play on red, and I agree with this statement.

-Shrimp

Faerie
05-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Those are good ideas!!

I hadn't really considered how hard it might be to code in teams, and I don't really know anything about coding or how to do it in EQ. Still, I imagine transfers to be a time-consuming process. Can anyone with a background in software explain how difficult either of these things might be?

Preventing the new transfers from joining Nihilum would be ideal, but again that's unfair to Nihilum and the transfers, and I doubt it would happen :(

Seems legit.

Yeah, we want the server to thrive, not exacerbate the existing problems by inviting more people to join the Nihilum zerg. It was the reason nilbog gave for being wary about transfers in this thread.

I won't even go into why softcoded teams are a joke (Pandemonium on Tallon Zek). One guild will just invite everyone, and either guilds will have to do the same or be at a severe loss class/capability wise. This will fix nothing I promise, the only perk it would have is that AoE spells and Abilities will hit your guildees who arent on your team, but again, this was worked around on Live and will be here too.

As much as I hate to admit it (VZ elf purist from way back in the day), softcoded teams could possibly go in beacause crossteaming is a possibility. I just don't see them adding hardcoded teams this late into the server, because it would effectively put an end to every guild currently on the server, exploits notwithstanding. AE spells already hit teammates, so that's not something that needs to come into this discussion.

The benefit of the softcoded teams is that it makes for less pvp, especially while leveling up. It's a proposed change to make things a little bit easier and less daunting for new players, and those leveling up. Some safety sounds like a wonderful idea to me.

Another interesting idea would be hardcoded teams 1-55, with FFA pvp 55+. This probably wouldn't go in because it destroys the non-raiding guilds, but it's fun to think about.

None of us have to play on red, we choose to :)

JurisDictum
05-31-2013, 01:20 AM

As if red is the first (failed) Classic PvP emu. Do you think someone needs to get a character to 60 before realizing its a one-guild server and post something like:
"We need more people guys, it would be cool if there was some actual competitive guild vs guild pvp."
The only way to get that kind of server, is transfers or copies. It will not happen otherwise. Yes I know that.
I agree that copies is stupid because its zero risk and everyone will do it. This leads to a mass influx of players that have no stake in the server at all running around like its CoD. Obviously transfers would have to be one way to avoid economic exploitation and tourism.
I don't agree that stripping gear will produce enough interested players, or competition to the powers that be on Red to accomplish a lively server however. Yes its not ideal, so what. Nether is 100 people at peak times

fuark
05-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Red already has incentives to play on it. A lot of incentives. If exp bonus, easy leveling, a generous community that routinely twinks out new players starting, the promise of pvp, no exp on pvp death, and yellow text doesn't do it for people, what is a one way transfer of their higher level character going to accomplish?

The server is there to play on. If the server is so unattractive to people even with all of these incentives I can't imagine a one time transfer is going to do a single thing except get a lot of people angry that they transferred their character to a server they don't like.

There is only so much administration can do to get people to play on the server. If people want to, they will.

reddi lol
05-31-2013, 03:05 AM
nilbog is truly a white knight and deserves more control

Dickmops
05-31-2013, 04:26 AM
Let your high leavel easy peasy dressed characters there where they belong to, at blue. Please continue doing your easy raiding and getting the next insane pixel.

This game isnt only to be lvl 60.

I would love if more, even a lot of player come to red server. So that the lvl ranges are filled again and that there is a lot of competition for zones and spawns, which results in fights and fun.

But that has nothing to do with transfering easy stuffed out 60 toons to roxxor the server.

tj218
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
I was excited when Red was announced, but when they announced it was a FFA and item loot I said screw it. I am an old VZ player, LOVED VZ and would kill for that experience w/ a populated server again. I remember when VZ went from item loot to coin only, # increased and the whole experience became more fun. The race to bag items sucked, the idea you can lose your best xp gear as you are resting at a camp spot, made gameplay dreary. Being a casual player, why would I waste my 3hrs a week with losing the items I worked hard for? The switch to coin loot made PvP fun and worth doing not to mentioned opened up the economy for the health of VZ and TZ I probably put a full year of gameplay on my main toon and only got to level 42 and it didn't bother me one bit, the game was fun whether you were pvping, grinding or even rping (would only do it on a race war server).

A race-war (shorties, vs. elves, vs. humans vs. darks) type server with coin loot would cause me to jump in instantly, and I assume many others. You have known "friends" and known relatively "safe" areas, and dangerous areas. The Burning Rapier quest was a BLAST doing in a race war, and very well earned, not just completing errands.

Until the red server fanboys realize that their "hardcore" style is the reason why their pop sucks the problem will never be solved. Change it to race-war, leave the existing red chars on it (as a benefit for sticking with it) and you will get a surge in population and a much more enjoyable experience (more pvp, more casual players, less griefing for phat lewtz.).

Faerie
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
There is no item loot on the server.

tj218
05-31-2013, 05:04 PM
There is no item loot on the server.

Really? Well now I feel stupid. Was it originally?

Race-war still makes it a lot of fun though, I stand by that.

SamwiseRed
05-31-2013, 05:05 PM
item loot was never part of reds ruleset, you on drugs bro?

tj218
05-31-2013, 05:11 PM
item loot was never part of reds ruleset, you on drugs bro?

Wish I were, then I'd at least have an excuse for my ignorance.

Go race war!

Faerie
05-31-2013, 05:13 PM
I vote yes to racewar. Want my yellow name back, please!

mostbitter
05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
race war was fine back in the day when people had interest in role playing, unfortunately living in the past doesn't make it reality in the present and people would just cross team immediately anyway

Faerie
05-31-2013, 05:27 PM
I would roleplay the hell out of red for a yellow name.

tj218
05-31-2013, 05:43 PM
race war was fine back in the day when people had interest in role playing, unfortunately living in the past doesn't make it reality in the present and people would just cross team immediately anyway

I disagree, and you don't have to do RP on that server. Beneficial spells could be coded to only work on the same team, so cross-teaming wouldn't occur. Simple solution there.

Why not turn Red, race-war for a week and see what happens?

mostbitter
05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
its already established otherwise, unless you're going to wipe it is just too late for that