PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated group

Myth
05-28-2013, 03:13 AM
The absolute best times I've had on EQ live was when I played with a dedicated group of friends. We all had mains of varying levels but created a group of alts (who became our mains), on a different server, and leveled them up once a week together. Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, and we would always pick up the additional two from LFG. Within a few weeks we had a huge list of "friends" to fill those 2 spots. Eventually we rounded out to the same 6 players every week. We would exclusively level in dungeons and nothing else. Our group leveled in places such as ToFS, Droga, Dalnir, Kaesora, Sirens Grotto, Dragon Necropolis, Runnyeye, just to name a few.

What I would like to propose and get going is a group of players who are willing to do this at least 1 night a week and go from there. The only rule is to not out level the group, and keep twinking to a minimum. Once the group hits post 50 it doesn't really matter much anymore.

I'm looking for a few more players to get this rolling. Those on EST and who generally play after 7pm are preferred. If you want to explore the depths of Norraths dungeons, and experience leveling in places you haven't been to until it was green (or never at all), PM me or respond in thread. Once we get enough interested players we can iron out details such as day, time, and classes. Those looking to play classes but are worried about finding groups, this is a your opportunity!

Hailto
05-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Im down to do this, i already have a level 60 main on the server, but this seems like it would be a fun change of pace. PM me with details, im down to play anything besides Shaman/Cleric.

Korisek
05-28-2013, 03:36 AM
I have a level 3 shaman in Innothule and a level 2 cleric in Qeynos currently that I could put into this if the group ends up needing a healer.

Dalven
05-28-2013, 04:22 AM
I'd be interested in getting involved with this and playing whatever was needed - grouping through the lesser visited dungeons is something I've been wanting to do for a while.

alaessa
05-28-2013, 04:34 AM
I would love to join if there is room! I have been thinking about leveling enchanter or cleric.

Shocore
05-28-2013, 05:38 AM
I like this idea but I'm on PST :/

If it's on a weekend then the time isn't a big deal, though.

I'll play anything as long as I know there will be a spot in a group, even a Wizard, which was my first main and I swore to never play again. Well, almost anything. I'll never play a Druid. I avoid them on principle.

Asap
05-28-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm down, I have a 16 SK. He's heavily twinked, though.

I usually play after 5pm EST, and weekends whenever

Rapidwave
05-28-2013, 08:04 AM
I just started playing this week, and this is the exact reason I came back. Definitely interested if there is still room. I'm down to play pretty much any class as well besides Cleric.

Lemiddar
05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd be interested in doing this, and I'd be able to make any class except for Ranger (current main), Enchanter, or Bard. I'm already of the mind that twinking is unnecessary, and I'd prefer to have the "from scratch" experience on any character I make.

I do have an 18 Shaman, 14 Druid, 12 Monk sitting around. But I would be willing to start them from scratch in the interest of the group.

PM me or shoot a tell in-game if you want me =) Although if you can get five people to join you that are new to the server.. that'd obviously be the best choice.

I'm kind of bored with my Ranger, so there's no threat of my main taking time from the group at this point. I've just played far too many Ranger levels between Live and here!

Faulken
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
I'd love to level a rogue from scratch again =) thurs - sun are best for me!

Myth
05-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses! There is an overwhelming number of people interested in this, and I'm getting back to everyone via PM. Unfortunately, this is going to be a lot like picking a team in gym class! I am sorry ahead of time for anyone who is left out.

Myth
05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
OK, I am pretty sure I PM'd everyone who replied to this thread. If I missed you, please PM me!