PDA

View Full Version : Direct Damage and line of sight

JackFlash
07-01-2010, 08:36 PM
In classic I seem to remember that if you casted your direct dmg spell before a mob went out of Line of Sight it would still land. I can't recall if / when this was the case. Just curious if anyone remembers this or if I'm just crazy.

Daywolf
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
uuuuuuh... no.
However, that's how aggro works. They were never able to make aggro los, at least last I checked.

Chicka
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I remember bolt spells missing cause there was bump in the landscape between me and the mob...

JackFlash
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I guess they changed it later maybe? Or maybe it was bugged...I could have sworn live worked that way last I checked.

Haynar
07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Actually, the way it used to work, was the line of sight check was at the end of casting a spell. Instead of at the beginning as it is now.

Haynar

JackFlash
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the clarification Haynar!

I appreciate it.

Phallax
07-01-2010, 11:35 PM
The thing that makes me angry is terrain LoS. You use to be able to cast detrimal spells(not bolt spells) through hills and such but not walls and certain things like pots . If that makes sense.

Haynar
07-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I think it changed over time, what would block certain spells. Being terrain, or walls, etc. I don't know how it was though, and what spells could do what.

Bolts are definitely broken. They need some serious work. You had to have real line of sight. No players, no horses, nothing in your way for them to reach their target.

Haynar

Auchae
07-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I noticed that bolts were broken last night. Used to be able to cast it from the Mino cave ent in Steamfont and reach a harpy all the way on the other side.

Phallax
07-02-2010, 12:30 AM
I think it changed over time, what would block certain spells. Being terrain, or walls, etc. I don't know how it was though, and what spells could do what.

Bolts are definitely broken. They need some serious work. You had to have real line of sight. No players, no horses, nothing in your way for them to reach their target.

Haynar

Yea mages usually had to stand max range on bosses and hope the bolt would shoot up over players heads.