PDA

View Full Version : Solo question for shammies past 30

Ranlron swiftsong
05-30-2013, 09:27 AM
I am tile on the pve server, and i'm level 35 currently, almost 36.

I'm wondering:Is kiting really the best source of soloing for shamans? If so:how do you get past the problem of pet hitting enemy without snare? I hear that root breaks slow, is that true?

What are some good strategies?

Danth
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Root breaks snare, which some folks generically refer to as "slow." Root does not affect melee attack slow spells.

Danth

Estu
05-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Obviously you should experiment and see what is most efficient, but I'm not sure kiting is worthwhile as a shaman; I would probably root-dot, or melee if you have good gear.

Muchew
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Past 34 I would root/rot, and send the pet in for extra dps. Once pet is below 30 or so, pull him back to regen. Same thing with your own melee dps, but I was using some crappy 7/35 mace at the time.

Aaron
05-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Shaman don't kite. Root/rot or, once you get Togor's, slow/tank/melee/pet/dot.

Craglar
06-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I didn't start soloing till 39. You get the new poison and disease dot. Also its a new pet level. I started on Hill giant's in rathe mountains.

Lojik
06-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Shaman don't kite. Root/rot or, once you get Togor's, slow/tank/melee/pet/dot.

Cazic shaman can fear kite just fine.

Aaron
06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Cazic shaman here. I still don't kite. Rooting is easier and more efficient in almost every scenario.

Lojik
06-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Cazic shaman here. I still don't kite. Rooting is easier and more efficient in almost every scenario.

Depends. At 59 (I'm assuming from your sig) yes that's true. From 40 to low 50's fear kiting specs/spectral keepers is definitely more efficient. Would be good in BW but that zone is way more buggy/less safe here than it was on live.

gotrocks
06-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Grab a poison wind censor (can find for 1k if you're patient) and have fun bashing in the skulls of your enemies while you poison their minds and disease their bodies. Don't forget to slow their movements so you can t-bag them mid-fight (only do this for the t-bag, btw, has nothing to do with the mob doing 40% less damage to you).

I generally don't even bother with a pet. Especially in indoor zones it just causes more problems that i'd prefer to deal with. Plus our pet just isnt all that amazing to begin with.