PDA

View Full Version : Next patch: Blue Diamond Jewelry

nilbog
05-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Pending update:

All blue diamond jewelry combines disabled until ~January 2001. This would be around a month after velious release and will be automagically enabled when the time comes.

Existing blue diamond jewelry (statless) will continue to exist. I am not sure if anyone made any of this or why they would, but I see no reason to change it.

Existing blue diamond jewelry (with stats) will be replaced with alternate statless versions until ~January 2001 when they would automagically become respective jewelry with stats again.

For example:
Silver Blue Diamond Ring: statless -> no change
Silver Blue Diamond Ring: with stats -> Will become SBDR, ring slot, no stats, tradeable.

Blue Diamond Electrum Earring: statless - no change
Blue Diamond Electrum Earring: with stats -> Will become BDEE, ear slot, no stats, tradeable

Golden Blue Diamond Pendant: statless -> no change
Golden Blue Diamond Pendant: with stats -> Will become GBDP, neck slot, no stats, tradeable

Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara: statless -> no change
Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara: with stats -> Will become PBDT, head slot, no stats, tradeable.

Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet: No change. Cannot be crafted yet because velium bars are not obtainable. Recipe disabled until ~January 2001.

After the patch if you see a link for GBDP, you will know that shortly after Velious launches it will become a Golden Blue Diamond Pendant with stats. I did it in this way so people can still distinguish between different versions.

rendart
05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Does this mean we are we one step closer to Velious :eek:

Beaniron
05-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Does this mean 6/65HP rings are coming soon?

Ele
05-31-2013, 08:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/g19faoa.gif

Thulack
05-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Does this mean 6/65HP rings are coming soon?

No this is just undoing something that shouldnt have been put ingame. just means months of no blue diamond resist jewelry because it never came out til velious. Does not for 1 second mean velious is releasing soon.

Beaniron
05-31-2013, 08:34 PM
No this is just undoing something that shouldnt have been put ingame. just means months of no blue diamond resist jewelry because it never came out til velious. Does not for 1 second mean velious is releasing soon.

So people are going to lose some resist gear then?

Ele
05-31-2013, 08:35 PM

More feed back on the questions posted by Aeolwind and Nilbog. The more people crowd sourcing the faster it gets here.

Ele
05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
So people are going to lose some resist gear then?

Yes. But it will revert once the appropriate spot is hit on the timeline.

Shocore
05-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Does this mean we won't be able to pee in the drinking fountain anymore?

You know, if we were so inclined.

zanderklocke
05-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Get dem earrings of frost, poison, etc reflection. Get da blackened iron crown from Runnyeye.

heartbrand
05-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Seeks a bit strange to change this when we have mobs tuned on a not classic resist system that requires far higher resists than they did in classic, see: hoshkar, nexona (pvp). By removing this you're making encounters artificially difficult due to the broken not classic resist system, and making pvp on an already awful resist system where you need ridiculous resists just to get partials even worse.

nilbog
05-31-2013, 10:17 PM
First fights of Velious should be done with proper resists.

It is unfortunate what was required to fix this wasn't available when Kunark was released, but that's just how it is. I'd rather fix it when I can, than not at all.

Treats
06-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Seeks a bit strange to change this when we have mobs tuned on a not classic resist system that requires far higher resists than they did in classic, see: hoshkar, nexona (pvp). By removing this you're making encounters artificially difficult due to the broken not classic resist system, and making pvp on an already awful resist system where you need ridiculous resists just to get partials even worse.

I don't think you understand how resists actually worked in classic. Claiming this will make raid mobs any more difficult than they are now by removing a few pieces of Blue Diamond Jewelry is kind of dumb.

Classic Resists were capped at 255
Hoshkar/Nexona both have resist adjusts of -150
Max base resist you could even have for these AE's was (255) 105
105 Max Resist is even before any modifications for Level Difference which brought it even lower

Unfortunately the whole resist system will need to be changed prior to Velious to have any difficulty whatsoever. If this isn't done the fights will be completely trivial no matter what you do just like all Kunark Raid bosses are now.

Resisting Poison Breath from Trak? Yeah ok
Resisting Deadly Lifetap from Venril Sathir? Riiiiiiiiight

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 08:54 AM
The neg mods you see for these AE's are not classic sorry pal.

Treats
06-01-2013, 09:15 AM
The neg mods you see for these AE's are not classic sorry pal.

Yes, they are. Classic resists were solely based on Resist Adjusts and Level Difference. You can see the resist adjust mod in the Trak thread where Nirgon posted the excerpt straight from the database in May of 2001.

If there were no adjust mods you could just get your Resist to 255 and faceroll everything. This is exactly what happens now and there isn't even a cap at 255. You buff your resist to 500 or whatever and the resist adjust mod doesn't even matter.

SCB
06-01-2013, 09:21 AM

LOL at the idea of any raid encounter on either server being called "difficult."

They're all zergfests unless you're in a casual guild that is actually at the expected gear level.

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 09:23 AM
This may seem strange to you on blue, but on red we don't do VP and Trakanon with 70 people. We did trak Thursday with 22 people, and only one cleric. We do VP with 25 on average.

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 09:24 AM
The current neg mods you see on allakhazam are not classic.

Thulack
06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
This may seem strange to you on blue, but on red we don't do VP and Trakanon with 70 people. We did trak Thursday with 22 people, and only one cleric. We do VP with 25 on average.

Thats cause your whole server would have to be there if you did trak with 70 :)

Holey
06-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Thats cause your whole server would have to be there if you did trak with 70 :)

sorry we dont depend on numbers.

Rhambuk
06-01-2013, 11:14 AM

If only it werent a red server, to raid vp with legitimate raid not 70+ warm bodies.

ooooh if only

Treats
06-01-2013, 01:15 PM
We did trak Thursday with 22 people, and only one cleric. We do VP with 25 on average.

I don't understand how you can make a statement about making encounters "artificially more difficult" and then make a post like this.

Hardly any guild could kill Trakanon with 22 players and 1 cleric/VP with 25 even if they were geared to the teeth in Velious/Luclin shit. Doing this in Kunark gear? Fucking forget about it.

I honestly cannot figure out if the people here think they are better than the players that actually played the game back then or just never played at all and have no clue. Most likely a combination of both.

Seary
06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Pending update:

All blue diamond jewelry combines disabled until ~January 2001. This would be around a month after velious release and will be automagically enabled when the time comes.

Existing blue diamond jewelry (statless) will continue to exist. I am not sure if anyone made any of this or why they would, but I see no reason to change it.

Existing blue diamond jewelry (with stats) will be replaced with alternate statless versions until ~January 2001 when they would automagically become respective jewelry with stats again.

For example:
Silver Blue Diamond Ring: statless -> no change
Silver Blue Diamond Ring: with stats -> Will become SBDR, ring slot, no stats, tradeable.

Blue Diamond Electrum Earring: statless - no change
Blue Diamond Electrum Earring: with stats -> Will become BDEE, ear slot, no stats, tradeable

Golden Blue Diamond Pendant: statless -> no change
Golden Blue Diamond Pendant: with stats -> Will become GBDP, neck slot, no stats, tradeable

Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara: statless -> no change
Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara: with stats -> Will become PBDT, head slot, no stats, tradeable.

Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet: No change. Cannot be crafted yet because velium bars are not obtainable. Recipe disabled until ~January 2001.

After the patch if you see a link for GBDP, you will know that shortly after Velious launches it will become a Golden Blue Diamond Pendant with stats. I did it in this way so people can still distinguish between different versions.

I personally TALKED to you about this back in January 2012, and you said by the end of the week it would be removed. It took you over 17 months to follow through. Hilarious.

nilbog
06-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I personally TALKED to you about this back in January 2012, and you said by the end of the week it would be removed. It took you over 17 months to follow through. Hilarious.

It is unfortunate what was required to fix this wasn't available when Kunark was released, but that's just how it is. I'd rather fix it when I can, than not at all.

I wanted it removed immediately, but existing items spread throughout corpse blobs aren't as easy to deal with as you seem to think they are. So, fuck off.

nilbog
06-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Classic Resists were capped at 255

This is on the to-do list.

Nune
06-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Half the server is in one guild, numbers is all you have, actually.

Splorf22
06-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Resisting Poison Breath from Trak? Yeah ok
Resisting Deadly Lifetap from Venril Sathir? Riiiiiiiiight

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1479

I know, some items are REALLY REALLY hard if not impossible to get. I did the last Trak with 200 wis and my magic and poison at 245 - 249 with buffs and bardsong. I resisted two breaths and took two. This was only about my eighth Trak raid, so I'd like to hear from other clerics on their opinion of the best setup.

50% resists at 245PR, sample size of 4 :D The poster was level 60.

I always get buffed with shadoo and DMF before the fight, and usually drink a potion too. I've taken to ignoring resist gear completely. Your level is simply the overbearing factor in resisting the AE, and aside from that, if you are good you will time your DB and DA's to stop the poison AE from hitting you, negating the need for any resist.

I never thought of that, pretty pro!

Anyway I think our entire mob-vs-player resist system is pretty fucked up. My bard Dramor (level 39-40) with 100 CR (psalm of warmth etc) vs Kobold Shaman's cold nuking in Sol B: 12 full resists / 17%, 17 partials / 23%, 43 full hits / 60%. So I think:

a: Absolute level is not appropriately counted in the resist check. 40 vs 35 should have a substantial advantage over 60 vs 55 and I'm not sure it does.
b: Relative level should matter more; from what I am gathering the L55 zerg should be slaughtered by the AOE while the L60 players should have some chance to resist.
c: Spells are too hard for PCs to resist period.
d: Resists should cap at 255

I do agree with you that people getting 400PR and being immune to Trak's AOE is ridiculous, and that should absolutely be fixed before Velious or the encounters will be trivial.

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 05:31 PM
This is on the to-do list.

If this ever goes in then resist mods need to be fixed and pvp server needs to be fixed because you're lucky to 60% partial nukes at 475 can only imagine at 255.

Aeolwind
06-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Does this mean we are we one step closer to Velious :eek:

We rollin' as well as we can. Soon as I get back up to speed on tools and how not to fuck the test server up we'll get a little faster.

And to Splorf22: I (personally) agree with you. Not speaking as a staff member, just as someone who played classic. Now if memory serves, there is absolutely 0 correlation between the current live resist system, the one in the emulator and the classic one, so we have no real way other than anecdotes to rebuild it on. The worst part is, when rebuilding on an anecdote, you are really building on wishful thinking and fairy farts. Building a skyscraper on water would be easier.

I have a huge amount of faith in our coding staff, it will just take time.

Clark
06-03-2013, 02:40 AM
http://s3.postimg.org/9f7k7ddpv/monkeypic.jpg