PDA

View Full Version : do you use /report to report someone consistently training a zone?

jschmidt85
06-01-2013, 05:13 PM
A cleric named Mede has been grabbing all the mobs in CrushBone for 2 days and training the entrance. over. and over. and over.

I did a /report Mede

is that enough?

Rangerboy
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
you have to type /ex to get a petition going

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 05:29 PM
But hate is a non CSR response zone.... Or something completely false and out of context like that.

In b4 guide manual was a senior guide and you were not allowed to train in hate / fear / VP didn't matter.

Rhambuk
06-01-2013, 05:50 PM
/report is used for the chatlog, if someone is spamming using inapropriate language/whatever you /report and it reports the last 20 lines of text from that chatbox to the devs.

So unless he was shouting or saying that he was training, a report really isnt going to tell them much

jschmidt85
06-01-2013, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gtSP0VT.jpg?1 wtf

it was crazy

What is TMO?

hikeon3
06-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Muzac I already reported that scumbag

Rhambuk
06-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't listen to harrison hes just bitter.

There will always be people, regardless of guildtag, that will train people for fun all you can really do is petition and try and get out of the way.

heartbrand
06-01-2013, 06:30 PM
People lucky though that proximity aggro + undead aggro doesn't work on p99 or else the tears would be astronomical

Ele
06-01-2013, 06:57 PM
People lucky though that proximity aggro + undead aggro doesn't work on p99 or else the tears would be astronomical

Soon(TM)

raff01
06-02-2013, 09:27 AM
You can petition but I doubt GM's do anything about it. I've never seen any GM take any sort of actions against players being douchebags. P99 doesn't care about PnP !

Sirken
06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
1) Harrison is a butthurt idiot. please excuse him. if you spend enough time around these parts, you'll understand soon enough.

2) /report does not work or do anything. please make a petition in the petition/exploit section of the forums, or for time sensitive matters use /petition in game.

3) we dont suspend players simply because another player "says so". we require proof. when that proof exists, we take action. if it doesn't, theres nothing we can do.

have fun,
good luck,
and welcome to project1999!

Gratal
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I have a similar question. I had someone complaining to me that I was taking spawns from their camp, however I disagreed as to which mobs were included in their camp. Is there somewhere I can see the definitions of which camps are in which zones?

It started a whole butthurt OOC conversation and they said they petitioned a GM to clear it up. The mobs were not in the immediate room they were sitting in. I thought "maintaining a presence" meant you had to be in the room of the static spawns and could not simply claim an entire area.

I was trying to be nice about it, but the guy refused to provide a link to the rules about it and was just generally an ass.

Purdee
06-02-2013, 06:32 PM
You can petition but I doubt GM's do anything about it. I've never seen any GM take any sort of actions against players being douchebags. P99 doesn't care about PnP !

untrue, I've had Ephi deal with a douchebag rather swiftly when it was needed.

Vianna
06-02-2013, 06:44 PM
untrue, I've had Ephi deal with a douchebag rather swiftly when it was needed.
And Zade has done the same.... They come when they are available.

Juneau
06-15-2013, 03:15 PM
This is the second day in a row Mede has trained Crushbone. He aggros all the castle mobs, then gates to the entrance of CB inside of CB. This is the second day i've seen him do it, what proof is required? Screen shots of him "in action" are hardly proof.

Auun
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
A Gm called Zede the Destroyer turned up - Mede appears to be offline - Thank you guys

Gadwen
06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
This is the second day in a row Mede has trained Crushbone. He aggros all the castle mobs, then gates to the entrance of CB inside of CB. This is the second day i've seen him do it, what proof is required? Screen shots of him "in action" are hardly proof.

Is he trying to PL someone or is he just letting the mobs train and zoning out?

Juneau
06-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Is he trying to PL someone or is he just letting the mobs train and zoning out?

Like i said, hes aggroing the entire throne room/castle, then gating to zone in, when the mobs get there he zones out. I observed him for over an hour doing this yesterday and 30 minutes earlier today. He isnt leveling anyone, he's just being a jerk.

I started EQ in Beta and played for 7 years, i'm very sure he isnt power leveling anyone.

Juneau
06-15-2013, 05:08 PM
in fact.. he's doing it again right this very moment. Looks like his guild kicked him out today as well.

Loftus
06-15-2013, 07:42 PM
The person behind the toon must be very young or mentally challenged if they have so much time to spend doing such a mundane activity repetitively.

Gadwen
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Like i said, hes aggroing the entire throne room/castle, then gating to zone in, when the mobs get there he zones out. I observed him for over an hour doing this yesterday and 30 minutes earlier today. He isnt leveling anyone, he's just being a jerk.

I started EQ in Beta and played for 7 years, i'm very sure he isnt power leveling anyone.

I only ask because almost every time I am in CB i watch a failure of a PLer train everyone with his awful pulling ability. But it definitely just sounds like he's trying to get that character banned.

Beaniron
06-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes you can, but keep in mind that most people that train consistently don't do it on purpose, they do it because they overpull mobs or can't handle the situation and their only options are to zone out, or to die, and nobody likes EXP penalties or corpse runs.

Don't be too harsh on people to train, even the ones that do it frequently, odds are they're just inexperienced at pulling/mob management and their only choice is to run for the hills.

Myth
06-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Yes you can, but keep in mind that most people that train consistently don't do it on purpose, they do it because they overpull mobs or can't handle the situation and their only options are to zone out, or to die, and nobody likes EXP penalties or corpse runs.

Don't be too harsh on people to train, even the ones that do it frequently, odds are they're just inexperienced at pulling/mob management and their only choice is to run for the hills.

The character in question is a level 30 shaman who is purposely training. He's been doing it for at least the last 15 days.

Auchae
06-15-2013, 11:30 PM
The character in question is a level 30 shaman who is purposely training. He's been doing it for at least the last 15 days.

This perseverance is admirable, though.

Beaniron
06-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Then report his ass.

Clark
06-16-2013, 04:35 AM
1) Harrison is a butthurt idiot. please excuse him. if you spend enough time around these parts, you'll understand soon enough.

2) /report does not work or do anything. please make a petition in the petition/exploit section of the forums, or for time sensitive matters use /petition in game.

3) we dont suspend players simply because another player "says so". we require proof. when that proof exists, we take action. if it doesn't, theres nothing we can do.

have fun,
good luck,
and welcome to project1999!

Juneau
06-16-2013, 11:45 AM
I observed him several times run from zone in, into the castle, aggro dvinn and surrounding guards, jumping out the tower then gating back to the entrance of CB, waiting for orcs to catch up then zone out. It was never a question of "maybe he couldnt handle the situation" or "maybe he is power leveling someone" He's repeating this process over and over and over. Its really Really obvious whats going on.

Droog007
06-17-2013, 10:29 AM
.../report does not work or do anything. please make a petition in the petition/exploit section of the forums, or for time sensitive matters use /petition in game.

Then report his ass.

Listen to the GM, not Beaniron.

Rangerboy
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
I think Juneau is training, at least he was when I was there. Maybe Juneau is the Mede guy on another account or something.

India
06-17-2013, 11:11 AM
I observed him several times run from zone in, into the castle, aggro dvinn and surrounding guards, jumping out the tower then gating back to the entrance of CB, waiting for orcs to catch up then zone out. It was never a question of "maybe he couldnt handle the situation" or "maybe he is power leveling someone" He's repeating this process over and over and over. Its really Really obvious whats going on.

I thought gating cleared aggro as long as the person gated out of aggro radius

Ele
06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I thought gating cleared aggro as long as the person gated out of aggro radius

Not if they don't zone.