PDA

View Full Version : Lamest event...

Smuuglie
07-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Feiel, you really didnt impress me with that boring''all gnome level 1'' event where you let a twinked human monk in along with several twinks...

Paxton
07-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Bye

azxten
07-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Feiel, you really didnt impress me with that boring''all gnome level 1'' event where you let a twinked human monk in along with several twinks...

I'm glad to see a PvP event please do more of them. Ask for some advice from some PvP players though on what should happen. Also, some clarity on rules up front would have been nice. Everyone could have brought twinks, buffed their level 1, given a nice weapon, whatever but most of us assumed you would remove those people from the event to avoid the imbalance that resulted.

Also I made a wizard with my girlfriend and we planned to hide behind spire and ambush people together and then you tell us we have to stay on the platform seconds before you turn flags on? Having 30 people on the platform is not going to make for an ejoyable event especially with a twinked monk. I couldn't cast a single spell on him even if he was on the other side of the platform without him being able to run up and hit me.

I did have one good fight OFF the platform with a warrior, Toehammer, where I was able to use strafe running to get an advantage and ultimately win in addition to superior jousting skills. None of that is gonna happen being forced to stand on the platform among 30 people though. My PvP flag was then turned off on my way back to the platform.

Next time you might want to make the rules FFA anything goes until 10 people remain and then start the event over requiring them to stay on platform but with so many people enforcing such tiny boundaries was boring.

Anyway, it was worth it to me just for the fight I had with that warrior. Felt like old school PvP again strafe running to catch up to him and the jousting battles.

Nazrek89
07-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Feiel doesn't get paid, first off. He hosted an event out of the goodness of his heart to try and let everyone have a good time tonight and/or take a break from the grind of the game for a few hours. It was fun. Large gnomes rumbling outside of EC tunnel? That's hilarious and a lot of fun. The titles are a "maybe" permanent. It's been said they may be taken away. Everyone was having fun the first event no matter what level no matter dead or alive because they were playing for fun, not a reward (competition).

Just give the guy some credit. He's a human and he was trying to spice up the night. It's a GM event, we all know GM's do some crazy shit. And this definately will be something we all remember. Isn't that good enough?

Thanks Feiel, I know I had fun and I'm sure a lot of the others did.

Those of us who enjoy fun are ready for the next one!

Maybe make a list of events you have in your head and do a poll so that the people can't really complain because they get to pick the event?

Or ask for suggestions - I'm sure many people would love to create a crazy event in their mind and I'm sure there will be many good opinions.

Thanks again!

azxten
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Feiel doesn't get paid, first off. He hosted an event out of the goodness of his heart to try and let everyone have a good time tonight and/or take a break from the grind of the game for a few hours. It was fun. Large gnomes rumbling outside of EC tunnel? That's hilarious and a lot of fun. The titles are a "maybe" permanent. It's been said they may be taken away. Everyone was having fun the first event no matter what level no matter dead or alive because they were playing for fun, not a reward (competition).

Just give the guy some credit. He's a human and he was trying to spice up the night. It's a GM event, we all know GM's do some crazy shit. And this definately will be something we all remember. Isn't that good enough?

Thanks Feiel, I know I had fun and I'm sure a lot of the others did.

Those of us who enjoy fun are ready for the next one!

Maybe make a list of events you have in your head and do a poll so that the people can't really complain because they get to pick the event?

Or ask for suggestions - I'm sure many people would love to create a crazy event in their mind and I'm sure there will be many good opinions.

Thanks again!

Everyone had fun at the first event except our Warrior who was running back to Guk and got PvP flagged, died, ressed, and ignored while still being flagged and then our group that broke up because we couldn't cast on our tank anymore.

Zigo
07-04-2010, 01:02 AM

... Fuckin baby. Wah wah wah