PDA

View Full Version : Some questions to the server

RevengeofGio
06-03-2013, 03:32 PM
1) How close are we to Velious? I saw some posts, but haven't seen a date or a "we're working on it". If you need help I could ask my brother; he's a bit of a genius with coding.

2) Is there anyone who has shaman or SK gear for an iksar for trade? I've realized that most of the game is leveling up regardless of end game... so an iksar SK would be viable in that regard. I also like iksar shaman.... I think I just have a thing for iksar in general.

3) Assuming I ever get to end game: is there any chance a semi hardcore player can join a guild? I play online games several hours a night or day on the weekend. Any chance a shaman or SK can get into a raiding guild period? Back in EQ1 I played a ranger, but I found it very difficult to find people to raid with. I didn't want to pick an SK or shaman and find out that they aren't needed at all in groups or end game.

Thanks

PM me if you don't want to respond directly.

boudicca
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
1. It'll come up sometime in the future. The GMs won't or can't say when. There are plenty of non-staff people who will say they've authoritative information. Take what you will, that there have been plenty of threads from staff about what went on during Velious.

3. There are lots of guilds that are recruiting in the Guild Recruitment subforum. Some care about what class you play, some don't.

Ephirith
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
2) Is there anyone who has shaman or SK gear for an iksar for trade? I've realized that most of the game is leveling up regardless of end game... so an iksar SK would be viable in that regard. I also like iksar shaman.... I think I just have a thing for iksar in general.

I know how you feel. If you like iksar, you'll probably like their class quests for Dreadscale and/or Scaled Mystic armor. Some of them are really easy to do and pretty effective pieces of gear, for an iksar anyway.

At some point you may want to park your iksar shaman in Karnors and loot people's rotting Jarsath, some of those pieces are excellent and will last you into the 50's and beyond.

Aeolwind
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
1) I saw some posts, but haven't seen a date or a "we're working on it".

"We're Working on it." =D

If you need help I could ask my brother; he's a bit of a genius with coding.
The base is available for anyone to download and review. It will give enough information to start. Links on where to download can be found at Eqemulator (it recently changed and I dunno the new address).

Tecmos Deception
06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Sirken answered in a thread similar to this a month or two ago, saying they hoped Velious would be in beta this year.

Nune
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
1) How close are we to Velious? I saw some posts, but haven't seen a date or a "we're working on it". If you need help I could ask my brother; he's a bit of a genius with coding.

3) Assuming I ever get to end game: is there any chance a semi hardcore player can join a guild? I play online games several hours a night or day on the weekend. Any chance a shaman or SK can get into a raiding guild period? Back in EQ1 I played a ranger, but I found it very difficult to find people to raid with. I didn't want to pick an SK or shaman and find out that they aren't needed at all in groups or end game.

Thanks

PM me if you don't want to respond directly.

1. Maybe by Christmas

2. Price of a Seb Scale Suit or a Kylong War suit or Trooper Scale suit all can be researched through the P99 auction tracker on wiki.

3. I play casually-ish, joined Taken. They raid planes on the reg. If you wanna kill dragons and Gods regularly, TMO is the way to go.

RevengeofGio
06-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys!

Cippofra
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Theres almost a dozen "semi hardcore" raiding guilds. And I don't know their exact rules, but I imagine TMO doesn't require you to raid every single night (like FoH)

Splorf22
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
The actual amount of time required from TMO/FE members (well aside from the small matter of leveling up to 60) isn't really that high. Let's say we have 15 raid targets and each raid takes 1.5 hours. If you want to have 50% raid attendance that works out to about 10 hours of raiding each week. What sucks about the endgame is

1) Those hours will come whenever the RNG on P1999 decides they will come, often at night or whenever. Basically you get to be 'on call' just like a doctor, except you don't get $200,000 per year.
2) Hope you have alts you like because your main will be logged out fully buffed ready to kill a target within 5 minutes of spawning. Between the length of time Kunark has been out plus account sales the average hardcore raider probably has between 2 and 3 high-level accounts.
3) The guild as a whole has to do something like 500 hours of mindnumbingly boring tracking each week. Divide by 50-100 active members and that means your share is 5-10. It ain't fun.

If this does not appeal to you, you can join a semi-casual guild (I say semi-casual because by live standards a guild with a bunch of max level players isn't really that casual) like Divinity, Taken, Full Circle, Europa, Rapture, or The A-Team. These guilds will do all of the content that doesn't require the tracking/camping toons/batphoning nonsense, which basically means Hate, Fear, Sky, Chardok Royals, and sometimes Ragefire or Ixiblat farming.

Rhambuk
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
It ain't fun.

Then why?

(Not looking for answer[PIXELS!!!!] just to get people thinking)

Frieza_Prexus
06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
The actual amount of time required from TMO/FE members (well aside from the small matter of leveling up to 60) isn't really that high. Let's say we have 15 raid targets and each raid takes 1.5 hours. If you want to have 50% raid attendance that works out to about 10 hours of raiding each week. What sucks about the endgame is

1) Those hours will come whenever the RNG on P1999 decides they will come, often at night or whenever. Basically you get to be 'on call' just like a doctor, except you don't get $200,000 per year.
2) Hope you have alts you like because your main will be logged out fully buffed ready to kill a target within 5 minutes of spawning. Between the length of time Kunark has been out plus account sales the average hardcore raider probably has between 2 and 3 high-level accounts.
3) The guild as a whole has to do something like 500 hours of mindnumbingly boring tracking each week. Divide by 50-100 active members and that means your share is 5-10. It ain't fun.

Playing a needed class at very specific hours goes a very long way to making up for a lot of things. For example, Euro/Aussie timezone bards/clerics/Mages are always welcome. Alternatively, players cannot raid a whole lot but go out of their way to offer other services to the guild are always welcome. Ex: tradeskill master who is available several nights a week to make jewelry, javs, etc.

RevengeofGio
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Playing a needed class at very specific hours goes a very long way to making up for a lot of things. For example, Euro/Aussie timezone bards/clerics/Mages are always welcome. Alternatively, players cannot raid a whole lot but go out of their way to offer other services to the guild are always welcome. Ex: tradeskill master who is available several nights a week to make jewelry, javs, etc.

What classes are needed prime time? or even mornings on the weekend? (I'm a night owl, but the g/f gives me crap for it)

webrunner5
06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I do hope you know that there is a 68% XP penalty on a Iksar SK? :eek:

TarukShmaruk
06-05-2013, 01:59 AM
What do you mean by mindnumbing tracking?

Rhambuk
06-05-2013, 02:12 AM
sitting in one spot staring at you screen pressing track every refresh for, what is it people like 18 hours on average?