PDA

View Full Version : Gearing rogue 10k-15kish

Tappin
06-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Hey everyone, about to pick back up on my low level rogue and was wondering what would be some decent items to pick up for him, mostly wondering what kind of weapons I should shoot for. My budget is upwards of 15k but would be willing to farm up a bit more if it were a huge item.

I have a few items like Thick Banded Belt, jewelry and some other items.

I was looking at weapons like Rapier of Oriin, but was wondering if there are better options out there!

If its important to know, I'm a dwarf rogue.

Thanks everyone!

Freakish
06-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Get the highest damage weapon you can for primary. This affects your backstab max damage.
If you have a high level friend who is fronting this cost, see if he'll help you do epic. This is the biggest damage increase, and surprisingly simple for rogues.
Other primary options are Crystalline Spear and Serpents Tooth. A cheap(ish) offhand is Crystalline Short Sword, or look at weapons. Anything above a .5 ratio will cost quite a bundle.

Tappin
06-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Thanks for reply :)

Where can I read about the epic quest for rogue?

Tappin
06-04-2013, 04:34 AM
I found quest info, what level do you have to be to use the epic?

Ele
06-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I found quest info, what level do you have to be to use the epic?

Level 1.

Freakish
06-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I should mention that the primary weapon must be a piercing weapon to be used in backstab.

Tappin
06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
So, I read over the quest information on the Wiki.

I assume I can hide sneak and get the notes and the book from hate?

But can 1 person solo Renux and the General? They sound pretty scary!

Thanks again!

Aaron
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
So, I read over the quest information on the Wiki.

I assume I can hide sneak and get the notes and the book from hate?

But can 1 person solo Renux and the General? They sound pretty scary!

Thanks again!

From the wiki (that you read):

"in his place will be Renux, a level 50 human rogue. She quad hits for 200 and can backstab for 200+. She casts clockwork poison which is a spinning stun spell. She does not attack pets. She can be feared and snared. Do not melee her if she is not feared. The best way to kill her is pet kiting. Have one melee class attack her as soon as she spawns. Make sure he and everyone else have SoW and the cleric/shaman needed buffs such as hitpoints and AC. Run around in circles. Have all pets attack her. Make sure they are equipped with weapons. The best kind are magician summoned. While the pets are attacking and the melee is kiting, have people casting fear on her. If she gets feared send all melee in on her and have all casters nuke. When fear breaks, all meleers except for the kiter must back away. She will die very quickly this way with not very many casualties. If the melee person dies, do not panic. Just have more melee people ready to kite her. To do this, you must have 3 or preferably more, necromancers that are 53+, 3 or preferably more, druids that are 57+, and lots and lots of pet casters."

"Go to Kithicor, which is one zone off of Highpass. Find the Dark Elf House at +800, +2400. Give the box to any of the night spawns, causing General V'Ghera to spawn. Take him to a safe spot in the zone, preferably a zone and kill him. He is a very hard level 60 being. He is equal or better than any god. He quad attacks for 275 quite quickly, has a 1500pt harm touch and casts soul devour. He can also summon mobs from the zone to assist him. He is weak to Wizard Lure Line, Poison Spells, Scent Line, and Fire Based Spells. He is extremely strong against magic based spells so do not use it, it will just waste mana."

Tappin
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah I read that, but I didn't understand because Freakish said "f you have a high level friend who is fronting this cost, see if he'll help you do epic."... so I thought he meant like 1 high level could solo it :P

Aaron
06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
You can buy the entire MQ if you have the cash. That's what he was referrring to.

Tappin
06-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Ahh I see. Thanks for information :D

Freakish
06-08-2013, 12:39 AM
A necro can solo renux without issues. You can form 1-2 groups needed very easily for generals by shouting in EC "Doing a general fight. Any loot, such as EoN will be randomed".

Tappin
06-08-2013, 04:32 AM
I decided to just farm cash on my druid via ports to get the epic. Like 20k to go! What is best offhand to go for to pair with the epic? Would like to keep it under 10k... do I look for stats or certain ratio?

Tappin
06-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I read that you have to be level 50 to equip an epic, is that true? Or does that req come along later?

Asap
06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I read that you have to be level 50 to equip an epic, is that true? Or does that req come along later?

There are currently no level requirements on the Ragebringer, or any other epic for that matter. Level requirements came with Luclin I believe

Tappin
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
There are currently no level requirements on the Ragebringer, or any other epic for that matter. Level requirements came with Luclin I believe

Ty for confirmation!