PDA

View Full Version : Howling Stones Videos

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
TLDwanttowatchthemall: First two videos I look the most pro, third video I do some dumb stuff fighting some high-level trash, fourth video is the longest of all but you see how do do east, fifth video is short kill of an east named with his rare drop.

Well after someone asked me in the solo artist challenge thread if I ever streamed instead of just taking screenshots, I started thinking about getting some video of me playing Tecmos. I know absolutely nothing about video capture, video hosting, or anything else like that, but today I finally got around to finding a free capture program, recording some gameplay in HS, and then uploading it to some free hosting site.

Links to the videos are below. Be sure when you go to watch the video that you do not click the "play" button that pops up, because that just takes you to an ad; click on the "Close to play" instead.

There's no music or commentary or editting, so enjoy a few minutes of me medding in silence here or there while I kibitz with Drumas about what a terrible person he is. Sorry bout teh low quality. If anyone wants to enlighten me regarding video capture/streaming, maybe I'll be motivated enough to improve my methods as I bust out some videos of seb, chardok, hole, and more of HS... eventually!

HS south 1: http://videobam.com/CgJXi

5 minutes of me logging into HS south (I'd already been in here an hour or two and got a few nameds before I got bored when PHs repopped and decided to mess with the video) and killing the trash pather near my usual basecamp.

HS south 2: http://videobam.com/qvCuR

5 minutes of me pulling and killing the named PH right around the corner from the first video. I hoped I could get a named pop to kill on video, but alas, just a ph ghost fella repopped: http://postimg.org/image/akz452jv5/

HS east 1: http://videobam.com/SzBAj

For a few minutes I thought "self, you shouldn't upload those south videos to the public, because then your months spent in south (and the advice/teachings of Loraen and Save) will be laid bare for everyone to see, and you'll soon be dealing with more than just A-Team people soloing in there" ... but meh. Anyway, I made a video of east because I knew there were a few live mobs up over near the "east nook" (as Loraen named it) that were making it impossible to safely pull the named PH over there, and no one had been over there messing with the mobs for at least a few days. Figured I'd see about cleaning the place up a bit then pulling the named.

But it turns out the golem was level 52 and the bile and skeleton were both 53... and that's not an easy 3-pack of mobs to clear out solo, especially with the faceroll way I pulled them. In the video, a rather drawn-out affair because of resists and me kind of trying to figure out what I wanted to do with these 3 things on the fly and me eating a HT, I kill the bile then stupidly camp out when the golem is nearly dead (instead of letting him die then medding up manatapping the skeleton before using an animation to clear him out too). I ended up coming back in after this video and killed the golem and the skele, but then I when I tried to get over to DS and the other nameds to see if anything was up after that, I got myself into a bit of trouble (all not recorded) and hatted out... so I'll have to give you a video of me pulling/killing the actual named PH later.

HS east 2: http://videobam.com/naqef

It's a long one (15+), sorry! I ran into east to check if the repop in that hallway was a suitable pet, but it wasn't, so I went and found my pet from south and dragged him into east to use. Then I killed the hallway mob, went through the fancy pull crap to snag the named PH back to my pet without training myself with a bunch of harmtouching or necro level 52-54s, and killed it. That was the end of this video, but I stayed in east keeping my pet rooted and waiting on repops. The hallway repop was level 52 still, so I killed it again then checked on the named again (see hs east 3). Hope my random little typed commentary isn't too lolworthy!

HS east 3: http://videobam.com/aHMED

Short and sweet to finish it out. I actually thought the named (or ph) had spawned already, so I was running back and forth dazzling my pet in the hallway and IVUing to the pull spot waiting for it to path out of the room at the end of the hall... but it turns out it just hadn't spawned it. Then the Howling Spectre popped right on top of me as I was waiting there and I turned the video on at that moment and proceeded like normal! Making a fun video AND getting a drop to sell. Blue life indeed :p

Personally I had fun with this. It entertained me to no end to watch myself playing without having to actual do anything except sit there and watch :)

Yinaltin
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
would like to see a necro doing the east thing ..
nice vids man !

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I've seen very good players on godly necros get raped 24/7 in south. I question whether any necros on the server could manage south efficiently or east at all... but I would enjoy seeing it done.

zanderklocke
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I've seen very good players on godly necros get raped 24/7 in south.

Nordenwatch? Haha

Just messing, Norden.

Splorf22
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I liked the AOE tash; I usually don't do that when I invis pull but it's probably a good idea.

Did you hotkey all of your bags to the same key?

And yes I felt the same way about my enchanter guide.

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I think I remember nord saying he doesn't even want to try south/east? Not sure though. It was the former Iznog playing a friend's necro I was mainly talking about though. I was helping him CR half a dozen times a day for like a week before he finally gave up on it. I think he only landed a few lulls successfully out of dozens of casts, and had issues splitting mobs up with snare/feign shenannigans because of there being pathers everywhere and they don't drop aggro unless you /q

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah, there's a default hotkey even to open all bags at once I think, and you can set one to close them all.

I love AE tash, especially since in HS I don't really care if I catch myself with it. In east I always tash before trying to stun/mez even though I get beat on in the process, and in south I usually do the same with nameds or their PHs but usually do not with trash.

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
East video is getting a hell of a lot more interest than the other two. I will do the named PH over there (hopefully tonight) and get footage of it, see if I can pop a named maybe even, but I need to try to be productive irl for several hours in the meantime :p

xCry0x
06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Very nice, I got 2 corpses with south keys but no enchanters to do south with =/

big league chew
06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
only thing more exciting than fighting an NPC is watching a video of someone else fighting an NPC

blue lyfe

zanderklocke
06-04-2013, 04:33 PM
By the way, thank you for not putting music in your video.

Briscoe
06-04-2013, 04:38 PM
By the way, thank you for not putting music in your video.

We need Jeremy to spruce these videos up with some good Ween tunes.

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
only thing more exciting than fighting an NPC is watching a video of someone else fighting an NPC

blue lyfe

Apparently they're both more interesting than red, or you'd be spitting out your newest version of leet-speak drivel (hai guise box legend pras prophet nilberg) in red forums or global ooc instead of here.

Also, going back into east!

big league chew
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
dont take it personal man i didnt even click it
im sure its very hardcore lol

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
dont take it personal man i didnt even click it
im sure its very hardcore lol

http://v024o.popscreen.com/eGhyMWltMTI=_o_its-strictly-business.jpg

quido
06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
We need Jeremy to spruce these videos up with some good Ween tunes.

Agree! Thanks for the post Tecmos - always interesting to see how other people play.

August
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Agree! Thanks for the post Tecmos - always interesting to see how other people play.

I click my spell gems. /gasp!

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Lol!

Just made a video of me killing the mob that repopped in place of the level 53 skele in the first east video + pulling the named PH. It's like 17 minutes or something, pretty slow to watch I guess... but that's how east goes really; the mobs are so tough that you can't pull more than a few per cycle and you definitely need to be engaging with full hp/mp, ESPECIALLY with the way you have to pull the nameds.

And while I was uploading THAT video, I waited on the repops, killed the pather when it repopped as a shitty pet (again), and then was pleasantly surprised to see the howling spectre named pop with his rare drop, the dooming darkness rogue sword.

I'll post them both in a bit.

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 08:06 PM

Np! Definitely had fun with it on my end, but I am glad that other people get a kick out of watching someone else play. It seemed to me (at just a passing glance) that the steams we have of p99 are always lowbies or compilation videos of raid kills or whatnot, never any samples of high-level play. Pixel secrets I guess? ;)

Kill of A Howling Spectre (with rare drop) added. I'm done posting new ones for now though. Hope everyone who watches enjoys, despite the slow pace and low quality and lack of editting and my uninspired comments!

Tecmos Deception
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Hah. Just went to leave east after a PH respawned after the spectre and I realized my hat has been uncharged this whole time. Good thing I didn't need it.

Yuda
06-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks for sharing high skill level play, hopefully more people will join in and do the same :)

Tecmos Deception
06-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Np Yuda!

Making these videos turned out to be a great thing for me to do personally. Besides enjoying it, going into east yesterday got me the obtenebrate short sword (which culprit promptly bought, he'd been looking for one for like 2 months it seems like).

And then this morning my luck has just been ridiculous. When I finished yesterday, I had popped an almost ideal pet and a bile as the named PH. Today I killed the bile and spawned 2 more biles, but then I got a second howling spectre ALSO with the obtenebrate short sword... then I got TWO fucking crypt excavators back to back, first with girdle and second with helm.

Still forgot to recharge my hat though, which is most unlike me... lol.

Save and Loraen threatened me with with "gnome green beret shit" when they finally got fed up with my hoop streak in south a couple days ago. Now they are going to seriously go pop 4 biles at south entrance and weaponize them, I'm pretty sure.

zanderklocke
06-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Yeah, I agree. I think it's interesting how people set up UIs and hotkeys. Personally, I use all 10 hot key button sets, different ones for different situations.