PDA

View Full Version : Druid snare

Kagatobs
06-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Why is this resisted so much? Can we have a patch to make it more classic because it doesn't hold as much as it should.

Furinex
06-06-2013, 07:17 AM
I agree with you, however this is the wrong forum for this. Please post in the bug forums after you have read the rules for that forum. Also, I would look for some evidence of this before posting as they won't change anything without it.

feanan
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
this is the sort of thing you could never prove or find evidence of.

think you gonna find some druid from 99 who posts "i've been testing snare on various mobs, and I find it only gets resisted .02% of the time"

Estu
06-06-2013, 10:07 AM
"Hey, could you guys change this thing in the game that I have vague memories of being different ten years ago?"

Ele
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
true classic druids don't need snare, just dot and run all over the place, the good old days

Galanteer
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
this is the sort of thing you could never prove or find evidence of.

think you gonna find some druid from 99 who posts "i've been testing snare on various mobs, and I find it only gets resisted .02% of the time"

Its surprising what you can find if you search, it might take some time, but there were probably people back in the day who tested near everything and posted their results. At least this was true with the enchanter community.

You will never get it changed without evidence, you will never get evidence without searching.

Messianic
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
"Hey, could you guys change this thing in the game that I have vague memories of being different ten years ago?"

TarukShmaruk
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
On a blue mob on classic, unless it had some kind of higher resists due to its type, you could count on landing snare about 80% of the time.

Just like root.

RevengeofGio
06-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I remember snare being something that tended to be resisted on my ranger anyway.

Cause you know we didn't have enough issues back then ;)

Furinex
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
On a blue mob on classic, unless it had some kind of higher resists due to its type, you could count on landing snare about 80% of the time.

Just like root.

I remember root being highly unpredictable. Snare on the other hand, I never worried about landing. It was a shoe in.

TarukShmaruk
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I remember root being highly unpredictable. Snare on the other hand, I never worried about landing. It was a shoe in.

Root was only unpredictable because it would break early since it had a resist check every tick or something like that. In addition to a chance to break anytime it received damage.

Snare didn't, so that's what you're thinking of.

As far as the initial landing of the spell goes they were exactly the same and landed 80% of the time (if not 90%) on a blue mob that had no special MR bonuses.

Handull
06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
what mobs do you have trouble snaring? i can't remember having trouble landing snare while leveling up, and now only see resists in places like fear.

TarukShmaruk
06-06-2013, 12:05 PM
what mobs do you have trouble snaring? i can't remember having trouble landing snare while leveling up, and now only see resists in places like fear.

Which made sense because those mobs had buffed resists anyway.

Even when I was level 65 and bound inside fear I would get resists on light blue con scarelings all the time when trying to root.

Droog007
06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I remember getting snare resists with my ranger A LOT on live. I haven't even played a snaring class on this server (unless you count my clinging darkness clicky), but from what you describe it sounds pretty classic to me.

<3 chanters that tash everything.